1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Hoilett Off to Swansea

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, May 5, 2016.

1. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

2. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

As part of a deal, perhaps they would send Routledge the other way?

3. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Yes please. Always liked Routledge but I couldn't see him dropping down to the Championship again. £48K per week off the payroll is not to be sniffed at. Good player Junior but he flattered to deceive. I would class his time with us overall as disappointing and definitely could have done better. His role is the Zamora play off winner will never be forgotten.

4. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Yet another game changer out and no doubt they will bring in some League 2 player that has scored 10 goals on the wing and as soon as he comes to us he will turn into a Washington.

5. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

Game changer ?
    Not very often, that was the problem.

6. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

If only he had a brain to go with the natural talent then he would be one of the greats (as was touted when he first joined us). As it is, I'm going to be sorry to see one of the few creative players we have left in the side on his way and worry that we are farther way than ever from having the kind of footballing QPR team for which the club was once famous.

qprted and rangercol like this.
  7. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Now we just have to try and lose Phillips, Fer, Caulker and Sandro.

At least Rob Green is almost out the door and will hopefully soon cease spouting on about the club like this. With respect to promotion aspirations under Chris Ramsey, so much for us making an honest go of it. A season under Nigel Pearson would certainly would have been interesting.

"They wanted to give promotion a run at the start of the season and wanted to keep me with a view to that. Come Christmas it was fairly evident that was going to be beyond our reach.
    "It was a disappointing moment for the club because we had really given it a go."

Green rues contract clause
    Championship, Updated: May 04, 2016 2:05 PM

QPR keeper Rob Green has admitted it has been a frustrating spell at the club after being sidelined due to a contract clause.

please log in to view this image

The former England shot-stopper has been frozen out at Loftus Road with a clause in his contract giving him another year on his deal, were he to play 30 games in the Championship.

Having looked for promotion at the start of the campaign, Green was heavily involved under then manager Chris Ramsey.

However following Ramsey's sacking, Green has not been in the match-day squad since January 1.
    The 36-year-old has admitted it has been a tough time due to the club's position on his future.

He told Sky Sports: "With the clause in my contract that if I played up to 30 games, I would trigger another year in my contract and the club decided that wouldn't happen.

"They wanted to give promotion a run at the start of the season and wanted to keep me with a view to that. Come Christmas it was fairly evident that was going to be beyond our reach.
    "It was a disappointing moment for the club because we had really given it a go."

https://www.clubcall.com/championship/green-rues-contract-clause-1809092.html

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  8. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Penalty in play off semi v Wigan.
    Pass to Zamora at Wembley
    That is a game changer although i do agree with you in that it wasn't often enough

rangercol likes this.
  9. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

So he got fouled once and put in one terrible cross. The new George Best.

10. Mouse1882

Mouse1882 New Member

I think hoilet would be good to keep if we can , when warnock came in he got the best out of him and I think that's continued under Jimmy , he can cause players problems when on the ball

qprted likes this.

11. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

I'd hate to see us lose Hoilett. He is one of the few players we have that seems to have the ability to press forward. He may have come up short on (probably unrealistic) expectations but he has been far more effective than many, many of our other purchases. Caulker, Fer, Green, Sandro and sadly, Philips should all be well ahead of Junior in the queue for the exit as far as I am concerned. In my mind, retaining Junior would show intent by the management/TF that we were going to have a crack at promotion next year. Letting him go and replacing with a league 1 or 2 "star" or aged premiership player signals another mid table mediocre season ahead at best.

12. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

Hoilett and Green out and £100.000 a week off the books. Can only be a good thing.

13. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

We need to trust the JFH knows what he is doing. Who am I trying to kid??????<doh><doh><doh><doh><doh><doh><doh><doh><doh><doh>

14. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

We can't be sure his improved form isn't due to him being out of contract. After 4 years of minimal to no effort, how are we even debating this? Of course he has to go. You can't bleat on about overpaid mercenaries one day and then claim we should keep Junior Hoilett the next.

15. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I thought the new George Best was your mate Mackie? Where are all the 'Clappy Mackie' brigade now? You remember Watford, the ones who thought bringing him back was a good idea? The ones that criticised me for saying 'he was past it and would be injured all the time'. They seemed to have gone very quiet of late? :emoticon-0127-lipss
    Without that 'foul' and 'terrible cross', we wouldn't have enjoyed that great day out at Wembley.

16. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Tony Scully scored a great goal for us once. It doesn't mean he was any good. Hoilett's incredible lack of value for money has nothing to do with Mackie, so your point is completely irrelevant.

Mackie proved to be a poor signing by his showing on the pitch, though it's bad luck that he was injured so often. It was worth a punt at the time for no fee and no one can judge any positive benefit he might have had for being a good egg who has an affinity with the club.

17. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

hoilett will go down in my books as one of the strangest of footballers that cross to zamora which gave me my greatest qpr day in 57 seasons will always be so special
    BUT REMEMBER THE GREAT DAVE THOMAS REMEMBER THE GREAT ANDY SINTON THESE PLAYERS WERE SO FOCUSED
    WHEN THE BALL WAS AT THERE FEET
    but junior just seems to day dream his life away and for that reason i would get rid of him even green has never trully impressed me both ingram and smithies are better than him
    so lets bring this chapter to a close get rid of hoilett,green,caulker,etc etc

18. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Hear, hear!!! People have short memories Ted. Hoilett's cross to Zamora made one of our greatest days out. I agree he needs to do more but he is capable of doing it. If we get rid of Hoilett i don't want to see players like Mackie replacing him. We have lost too many footballers (even if most were wasters) and replaced them with...shall we say a 'lesser player'. We now have far too many players that can't pass or control a ball.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  19. Adw2308

Adw2308 Member

It wasn't a cross to Zamora it went to Keogh who supplied the pass to Zamora!!!

20. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

It was a cross meant for Zamora that Keogh intercepted but however we describe it thanks to Hoilett it gave us a goal.