1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Home gates.

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by hp_bedoboy, Jun 3, 2011.

1. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Just wondering what the first home game attendance will be....cannot be there myself as working overseas but will give the team great confidence if they could get a 10,000+ gate. If and when we get the identity of the new owners and they reveal positive plans for the future, hopefully this will bring new life into the fans.
    Anyone have more thoughts on this subject as I'm sure the club needs all the help it can get at the moment.<magic><cheers>

2. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

I would be realistic in saying that 6,000 - 7,000 is more likely. If the players and club do well at the beginning of the season and we are pushing promotion more people will come.

Ticket prices will also be a factor. Ridsdale has given a promise that they will be reviewed, so we will have to see.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If we got 10000 at any stage next season I would be overjoyed but equally gobsmacked. I think that if we get anywhere near 6 to 7000 that will be one of the biggest in league 2 and very satisfactory. I am more interested to see what they do with the season ticket and pay of the day prices. It has to be less than last season if they want to draw people in or retain the season ticket sales they had.

4. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

First game at least 2 for certain. :smiley-finger007:

Think we will be pushing it to get 6-7k but would be nice. Circa 5k I think will be more realistic.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Strangely mexijan, since I have been visiting my mother in Derriford and St Lukes I have met another 7 people who are both season ticket holders and who will be there next season so with your 2 + those 7 + me, my son, my grandaughter and my mate we are into double figures already. Only another 5989 to go.................

6. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

From little acorns great oaks grow.

Actually despite all the hassle going on looking forward to next season suprising how fast the pain/disappointment can disappear once you´ve been supporting Argyle for a while, it´s seldom boring thats for sure.

7. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A great oak would take a hundred years to reach that land mark,I'm already the wrong side of seventy, so maybe I'll never see Home Park full again !!!

8. BYeee

BYeee Guest

Good afternoon Greenies,
    Hope you don't mind me intruding on your board again!

Moving back to Devon after 6 months away - later in the year, so back permitting will pop down to Home Park!

Have to admit that I am a bit miffed Plymborn, I thought that I was the oldest of the silver surfers, BUT I'm just the right side of 70 if that is at all possible!!

Good luck to Argyle and to you all, with the obvious exceptions of course

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

70+2.......actually.

10. Steely Is Back

Steely Is Back New Member

You'll be lucky to get 1500 muppets.

11. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

They've got one already in you Steely.

12. Steely Is Back

Steely Is Back New Member

Manfeelings I would not go within 100 miles of that khazie. Who in their right mind is going to pay £20+ to watch hoof football. They have a man sent off nearly everyother game and you can't understand a single word their fans say. Oooooooo Arrrrrrrrrr

13. Westernmac

Westernmac Member

Manfeelings, please stop cutting and pasting this moron's inane droolings. He is being ignored by all of us so you are merely giving him the attention his pathetic little personality craves. Thanks!

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just stop him by zapping the ignore button Westernmac, he'll learn the hard way that we don't want to know about the moron.

15. Masseyferguson

Masseyferguson New Member

Manfeelings you do what you want to do. This is an open disccussion board for anyone to join and just because somebody comes on here and doesn't like Plymouth Argyle they think the whole world is coming to an end.
    I am a season ticket holder and have to agree with alot Steel says and and Devonsurfer.

16. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

New sponsor day almost upon us...lets wait and see what the magic wand brings, hopefully people will be a little more confident on decent gates. COYG.

17. distantgreen

distantgreen New Member

The attendance question is easily answered as it follows similar patterns year on year. For the first game I expect a reasonable turnout of around 7,000 based on many satisfying a long spell of no live football coupled with a curiosity to see the 'new Argyle'. This number could be added to or taken away from based on the clubs upcoming ownership issues and on signings made during the summer.
    What happens to attendances after the first few games will largely be dictated by the performances and results therein.
    If we get off to a bad start then I fear attendances will suffer dramatically, if we hit the ground running then I can see us easily pulling in 7,000 for the season.

Business has to come first however and what happens on the pitch is secondary and we all need to be grateful we have a club to follow at all.

18. pilgrimoxford

pilgrimoxford New Member

i'd say about 9,000 for the first game, some people will turn up out of curiosity i imagine. just to see what has changed.......or not!

19. greens_are_good_for_you

Don't believe what you are saying about Steely MasseyFerguson. His comments are just WUM material and he is just any Argyle hater and not an ounce of constructive comment comes from his posts. And as for you Manfeelings you've just joined my ignore list for actual pasting information from the Troll. I was getting great satisfaction in seeing his comments blocked to me.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Damn it I'm tempted to ignore me as well.........................or was that ignore everyone else. I ignore my Mrs most of the time but that isn't button controlled it just comes with years of practice.