1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Horsepower on Amazon

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by PNkt, Sep 25, 2022.

1. PNkt

PNkt Well-Known Member

Anyone else watched this yet? I’ve only seen the first episode so far, it’s good and strikes the balance of explaining things while not talking down to the viewer.

Also very amused to see my office featured during the crunch talks between David, Jonno and Andrew <laugh> - Qatar are our landlords and use the meeting room occasionally when they’re in town.

2. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Thanks for the heads up. I spend far too much time watching dull stuff on normal tv and forget to load Amazon/Netflix. Watched the first episode last night and enjoyed it. Lovely to see the little French lass who was groom to Kameko go out to the Breeders Cup. Though throughout the Oisin Murphy cocaine stuff in France I’m thinking there’s plenty more where that came from.

PNkt likes this.
  3. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Darn it, can't seem to get it down here in Munich where I live. My Amazon account is in the English language, of course, but I know I can sign-in to Amazon UK if I want to as I have done it before, but it's proving bothersome this time. Will keep trying, I'll work it out in the end. Really want to see this programme. Thanks to PNkt for recommending it.

4. PNkt

PNkt Well-Known Member

5. SwanHills

Many thanks, PNkt. Tried the link and sure enough all the details of the 4-episodes came up BUT with the note "This video is currently unavailable to watch in your location"

I'll keep trying though, maybe they'll change their minds? There are, I'm sure, plenty of racing fans in mainland Europe who would like to see this series. Oh well!

Ron likes this.
  6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My wife and daughter have Nord VPN and they can watch anything

7. Tamerlo

Tamerlo Well-Known Member

Eye eye! Another illegal Kodi streamer hiding ,no doubt,
    under Francophile I.P. <laugh>
    Tell them to be brave,Ron, they’re only after the greedy uploaders.

8. SwanHills

My personal experience with VPN's (inc. Nord VPN) is that BBC technology was way ahead of them and spotted the VPN usage more or less immediately. To give credit to the VPN's I tried, they returned my money straight away with no questions asked. Applause for that! I get all I want from BBC progammes, plus a 'million' other channels on my Filmon service. I guess the BBC has some sort of 'arrangement' with the Filmon people (a California outfit) because, with the exception of the iPlayer service, they never interfere. I would hazard a guess that as long as Filmon keep out of the UK, they have agreed to let them operate outside of the country? Been with Filmon many years now, and have never regretted the approx. €19.00 I pay monthly for it (subject to currency fluctuations with the US$).

Am contacting Amazon (difficult, I know, but not impossible :emoticon-0100-smile), regarding my problem getting the Horsepower programme. One never knows, maybe the have an answer?

My thanks to all who have tried to help me with this irritating problem!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2022
  9. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Watched the series now and entertaining viewing. A couple of things stood out for me. The story of the groom who’d got his first Royal Ascot winner having worked at Highclere for decades. Lost his son to a drink driver. Heartbreaking. The other was Oisin Murphy getting then losing the ride on Adayer in the Derby. I know Murphy has been the architect of his own downfall but to lose a winning ride in the Derby must screw your mind up. Tough game. Good recommendation PN :emoticon-0148-yes:

PNkt likes this.
  10. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Just watched the first two episodes and thought that it showed how different the flat sport is to the jumps.

I found it interesting but not enthralling. If it was about jumps racing I dare say I’d view it differently