1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How can we change football?

Discussion in 'Everton' started by mukhia08, Aug 30, 2017.

1. mukhia08

mukhia08 Member

Hi Guys,

Quick message from me: I believe football fans can and should contribute to their clubs, and ultimately, to football.

I've been working on something that will allow individuals to be more connected to football, It's a website that links football clubs to "scouts".

By "scouts", I mean people who want to contribute to the game and people who are knowledgable about football. This would be your contribution to football. It's a system that allows football clubs to request scouting reports (on a player, a nation, a competition or even an analysis on opposing football teams) from a worldwide pool of "scouts".

Maybe this would be a better way of looking at it: I want to "create" a new type of scout. I'm sure that whenever the club you support is linked with a new player, you and fans worldwide search up youtube videos (I do the same thing). Hopefully you've heard of Scout Nation?
    People running scout nation are who I imagine would be the early adopters, the new type of scouts. Instead of scout nation posting videos on youtube, this way they could work with multiple clubs and get paid much more than currently. Long term, I'd hope that the system becomes easy enough for anyone to get involved.

I want to create a system which benefits the individual (in this case the scout), because they are the heartbeat of everything. But the truth is that I'm an amateur, all I have is a small idea and a website, so I'm open to any suggestions, I just wanted to share my initial idea with as many people as possible so that together we can make it work and make a difference.

I know this sounds like a load of bull****, its not. Thank you for letting me freely post on this forum, thank you for reading through (whether you read the first line or got to the end), and for those of you that reach out to me, thank you so much. Thank you all in advance for your help.

Best,
    Akhil

Feel free to contact me anytime at: [email protected]

2. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

So by scouts you actually mean clueless FIFA generation armchairs who have no credibility or qualifications to pass a considered judgement on a player?

You do realise that you can't follow an individual players movement and complete performance via a grainy snide stream don't you?

Peej likes this.
  3. mukhia08

mukhia08 Member

Thanks for your reply Tobes.

And not quite, the scouts will be rated and reviewed by clubs. So they are incentivized to provide only accurate and valid reports.

Have you heard of Scout Nation?

4. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

How can clubs rate and review someone's subjective opinion?

Peej likes this.
  5. mukhia08

mukhia08 Member

Fair point. As you can probably tell there are a lot of things to work out, this is one of many.

This is the rating system I had in mind:
    Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 4.49.35 PM.png

6. mukhia08

mukhia08 Member

As you can tell it looks "Football Managery". That's only because they are my only reference. The rating system would need to obviosuly be worked out, but it would need to rate based on the 3-5 most essential attributes of what exactly makes a good scout.

7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

But why would clubs bother to rate contributors and without having their own subjective opinion on a player already what would they be yardsticking against? Which sort of negates the point...........

You'd be better served making this a thing for saddos who think they're football geniuses. A sort of predict the future talent and then see how your predictions go kind of thing.

As a tool for clubs you're pissing in the wind, the data systems they already have on players is incredible and they use the data as a starting point for their scouting network

luvgonzo likes this.
  8. mukhia08

mukhia08 Member

Obviously the rating system needs work. It's just a way I thought of incentivizing quality scouting reports.

As for your suggestion, I think you're absolutely right. That would definitely be easier to implement. But I see no value in something like that.

I think by now, you have some sort of idea on what it is I want to do. It's obvious my initial idea needs work, but I wanted to get your take on things. How would you build a system that is beneficial to scouts and helps football clubs? What would you change? What would you focus on?

Thanks again for all your input, helps a lot.

9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I think your basic premise is flawed mate. You're trying to create something that would be of value to football clubs. However, I don't think you full appreciate a couple of key things here. I know a stakeholder in one of the largest data suppliers to the football World. They provide incredibly detailed stats on players from around Europe and beyond to football clubs. The clubs use the stats as their starting point for assessment of players, which then leads to scouting missions. The idea that an amateur scout could provide worthwhile information on a player in any of the Worlds major leagues is therefore flawed. So any value whatsoever would be limited to information from outside of the league pyramid imo.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    Peej likes this.
  10. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

I think you're shutting the door after the horse has bolted you're trying to invent something that is not as good as what clubs already start with...

Sorry but you'd be better off looking at something else?

11. mukhia08

mukhia08 Member

Fair enough man. Thanks anyway for your reply.

What would you do to improve football? Cause my hope is to have something that might level the playing field. Currently, Madrid have the largest scouting network (around 200 large). My hope is to build something that is far bigger, but at the same time ensure that every club has the same access, all at the same cost.

Don't get me wrong, what clubs already have is obviously good, but it can always be better. I wanted to know how you would improve it.

Thanks again for your help.

12. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

You have to ask, if this could improve football. Why haven't Madrid pushed for somethinglike this and moved in a large portion of scouting staff and associated costs.