1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic How can...?

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by J๏E.., Sep 19, 2017.

1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Thanks very much please keep you essays shorter in the future. <ok>

PINKIE likes this.
  2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Sorry Dad

luvgonzo likes this.
  3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Maybe these aliens that people are seeing are actually just signals that allah is sending down?

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Or maybe neither ...

5. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

It's just HIAG with his massive lawyer wealth perpetrating hoaxes. I expect a UFO to land on the lawn of the oval office and out will step HIAG with a net and yelling "in you hop" before being beat senseless and water boarded by secret service staff

PINKIE likes this.
  6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I am open minded to all possibilities mate. As I said I've investigated this topic at length over many years and spoken to people who claim to have evidence. The problem is that their 'evidence' actually turns out to be speculation.

You said that you have evidence that has been corroborated from controllers in radar and from pilots. This is also a topic that I have some knowledge about as my brother is an ATC.

I'm asking you to show me what that evidence is. One example will do.

Tobes likes this.
  7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Sorry I don't get that. You said you've done the research already, so surely you must have one UFO report that you can remember helped convince you?

In which case it'd take a minute to google it and post the link.

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  8. In this field, you really have to do your own research, Tobias.

As I said before, what convinces me may not convince you, and vice versa.

Go and do your own research.

You'll be glad you did, Pix.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

On your first point, what 'convinces' you and may not convince others, is not evidence. It's speculation. Evidence is irrefutable.

On your second point, I have, extensively. I've not come across anything that is proof. That's why I'm asking you to give one example of what you claim has been corroborated by radar controllers.

Is it proof, or is it just somebody's opinion that you're referring to as proof ?

Tel (they/them) and Tobes like this.
  10. <doh>
    Now, you're beginning to sound like Bambi ffs!

There is rarely such a thing as "irrefutable" proof.

Even our legal system acknowledges this fact.

11. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

That's refutable.

PINKIE likes this.
  12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

The law (which you are demonstrating you don't understand here) is assessed by a Judge within the context of the crime, taking into account any mitigating or aggravating circumstances. That's why it's open to interpretation.

Proof of alien life having visited Earth falls into the bracket of scientific absolutes. It's either proof or it's speculation.

If you admit that what you are claiming as proof is actaully somebody's opinion (it might be very convincing) then I will agree with you that there are some interesting theories out there.

If however you are saying that there is proof of Alien life having visited earth, then post it here. One example will do.

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  13. Oh, dear! Trying to lecture me on the law... big mistake, brother!

In our civil system, "proof" is based on a balance of probabilities. In the criminal system, "proof" is brought forward to demonstrate that someone is guilty "beyond reasonable doubt," but it is still left to a jury of lay-persons to decide whether or not that is the case.

It's all a recognition that there is no such thing as "irrefutable" proof.

Give up, Pix. You are on a losing wicket with this one, and are merely making yourself look incredibly foolish in trying to argue the point.

<doh>
    Oh, dear! We are really intent on making a complete ****wit of our self, today, aren't we, Pix!

There is no such thing as a "scientific" certainty.

Evolution? It's a theory.

Big Bang? Nope, still a theory.

Black Holes? Yep, you guessed it - all theoretical.

Nothing is certain, Pix. Everything has within it an element of faith.

14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Calm down HIAG <laugh>

The Law, both civil and legal, as I've just demonstrated is judged within the context of the issue within a certain set of variables. As you have just repeated.

Scientific theories are just that, theories. But we have evidence of black holes because we can measure the effect that they have on the fabric around them.

What you have done in your little rant above though is prove the point that I am making, that there is no such thing as proof of alien visitation, simply theories and speculation. <ok>

15. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

That's a complete cop out.

Whether I'm convinced by what convinced you isn't the point, I would view it in an objective manner.

The fact that you're not prepared to put a single UFO story up that you believe in, tells me that you're worried about it being challenged.

PINKIE likes this.
  16. I'm in my underpants, scratching my balls, ffs! I am about as calm as calm can be.

The point I make is a very simple one.

Even our legal system recognises that there are no "absolute certainties." There is only an accumulation of evidence that supports one particular fact or set of facts.

<doh>
    And there was me thinking they were pink-coloured dildos!

Yet, this "evidence" does not absolutely prove the existence of black holes.

Wrong.

What I have done is to attempt to demonstrate to you, in terms that even a simpleton ought to understand, that it is impossible for me (or anyone else) to give you absolute proof that aliens have been visiting this Planet.

I failed.

17. No, it isn't. It's me being honest.

There is no absolute proof that I can give. No one can.

You have to look at a range of evidence, and its sheer accumulation.

Even then, it will be open to debate.

There is no single piece of "evidence" that I can present to you that is likely to change your mind-set, if you are inclined not to believe.

I would be engaging on a fruitless exercise.

If you truly do have an open mind (as you claim), and if this is a subject that genuinely interests you, go and do your own research, and look for the answers to your own questions.

I have dealt with this in my answer, above.

18. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

This might interest you Tobes..<ok>

This is what the press were told to tell us all after the sonic booms last May over York..

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/144...ns_scrambling_to_intercept_Air_France_flight/

And this is what was being kept quiet about the incident and yes, I remember the booms well that night the noises of the jets..<ok>

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index2035.htm

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

You have failed. But not for the reasons you have cited.

The existence of black holes, evolution and the Big Bang are backed up with a wealth of credible evidence from credible sources, using data that is tested again and again, thereby satisfying scientific rigour. The existence of aliens visiting earth however are 'backed up' by anecdotes, speculation and theories that are at best riddled with holes and at worst simply flights of fancy.

You are trying to use an angle that all the crackpot authors like David Icke et al use. Namely that because there is some debate over unexplained phenomena, that you must therefore entertain the distinct possibility that it must be evidence of alien life forms.

Evidence of black holes and evidence of alien life has an immeasurable gulf between between the two. Yet you are trying bracket the two ideas in the same context to back up your opinion.

As Tobes says, the fact that you won't even post one link to the 'evidence' you claim you have, shows that you know it's simply speculation.

20. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

Air France got legged into the conspiracy as well then mate....

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/up...tion-problem-caused-raf-jets-to-be-scrambled/

The failed communications equipment being impossible as the conspiracy piece alludes to, is completely inacurrate

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-37803505

PINKIE likes this.