1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How does everyone feel about Warburton now?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by awjm, Mar 6, 2021.

1. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

I think Johansen has probably been more influential especially lately. Charlie's looked a bit off the pace the last couple of games I've thought. Great signing though.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  2. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

Agree with much of what has been said about Warbs improving our league position, playing good football, developing young players, and doing it all on a budget. I think we're heading in the right direction, and the stability is very welcome. I did fear about what might happen when you take Eze out of last season's QPR team, as we saw what happened to Hull when their talisman, Bowen, left. Makes Warburton's achievements all the more impressive imo.

We'll have more context for his achievement(s) last season when the accounts for 2019-2020 are published, which should be soon enough, and a year later when the accounts for this season come out. His first window saw us sell Freeman, Furlong, Luongo and Smith, and get some other higher earners off the wage book - Bidwell, Cousins, Leistner and Lynch. Incomings were all free transfers (except a paltry amount for Liam Kelly) and on smaller wages. The 2020-21 accounts will be all the more impressive with the Eze money.

We won't know until the accounts are out, but we probably now have one of the 3/4 lowest wage bills in the championship, and we're looking up the table towards a top half finish.

Warburton currently getting an A in his end of season report from me. Will be marked down if the players don't keep going at full tilt for the rest of the season and try and get a top half finish, especially given the relatively kind fixtures.

3. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

He's got a hell of a job on his hands. It looks more than likely that the two automatic promotion spots will be regularly taken up by yo-yo clubs like Norwich, Watford, West Brom, Fulham. So the rest of the division will be looking at top six and then fighting it out with three for the final place. Really badly organised divisions.

4. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

5. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

That’s promotion form, just a pity it’s come too late Ellers

ELLERS likes this.
  6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Agree mate. I take back what I said about Warbs. He really needed the transfer window and brought in the right players. A new team with confidence.

7. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

...and we are playing Huddersfield next who are bottom of this table.

Hopefully not another "bannana skin"! :)