1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How long do we give him?

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by GozoCanary, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

Not necessarily, I haven't been through all the fixtures but we have played Everton and Swansea at home twice within that period, "easier" than Arsenal or Man City perhaps but neither what you'd call easy games.

And there is no rule that says they have to even themselves out anyway, we could have just as easily played all the top six away twice within the 38 games as any other teams.

It would be interesting if someone could be bothered to list what these magical 38 games actually were, I'm afraid that won't be me however.

Oh, and apologies if I have been "bleating on" by the way, I forgot that was the reserve of those who want to change the manager, silly me.

2. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

Now I don't want to get all spelling police on you, but this is just too funny <laugh> <laugh>

Please tell me you did that on purpose!

3. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Nor me!

bah!

4. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

I do think you have a valid point munky with this, but you also have to take into consideration you might have double header games in there you would expect to win, for example 2 home games against stoke/sunderland. (this is just an example of what i mean, do not know if it actually panned out like that). also is there any of the 'bigger clubs' away that didn't figure in those 38.

edit: sorry just seen GM has raised the same point.

5. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Typical, 1p5wich fan trailing behind his Norwich counter part, much like his club!

Bah!

6. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

I will give you that one General! still going on about history though i see! <laugh>

7. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

When I started this thread almost five months ago, I never dreamt it would still be going strong all this time later. As Melchett said somewhere, it keeps coming back like a bad smell. Partly my own fault, I know, but this has already felt like a long season, like a painful, drawn-out divorce.

8. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Today's the day IMO, 'D' Day it is <ok>

...................or should that be 'H' Day ? ;)

9. lady-eleanor

lady-eleanor Well-Known Member

Lennon could be in frame if Hughton goes lads and lasses.

10. gruffnuts

gruffnuts Active Member

Can't see it myself - don't think he and DM get on swimmingly...I wouldn't want him...

11. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Even some of the Celtic fans moan about Lennon and his style of play, and he has got no real competition up there

12. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

No, please.

The only thing that ever sways me from Hughton out these days is the names of some of the people who are suggested to replace him.

13. Fenland Canary

Fenland Canary Active Member

Exactly the point though, this anyone but CH attitude is ridiculous, we would end up with someone worse. I say stick with him until the summer so more time can be given to such an important decision.

14. Bath-Canary

Bath-Canary Well-Known Member

I assume they know each other. They were at Celtic at the same time, that's how McNally knew lambert.

I have no real feelings on Lennon. He's very successful but, as has been said, in a lower league. He does play attacking football and is supposed to be good at firing players up.

15. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

We are definitely not after Lennon IMO, this was the Daily Star putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 ! Lennon was at Craven Cottage midweek running the rule over Snodgrass, Celtic have offered £4.5M but we want £6M personally, I'd take the money <ok>

16. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Well it looks like McNally is not going to admit his mistake at appointing CH and is going to let him relegate us. A combination of Hughton's ineptness and McNally's stubbornness IMO. I was 'over the moon' when Hughton was made manager and at the time thought getting him was a real coup, how wrong I was. I can see I was wrong, why can't Mr McNally ? If by some miracle we do manage to stay up, I still think a change is needed.

............then again, the obvious battering next week followed by another defeat and perhaps, just perhaps CH's position might become untenable.

Roll on the close season.

17. canarie-chippy

canarie-chippy Well-Known Member

Well at least Ricky van dogs bollox & co should get on the goal trail in the Championship, you never know even Goalmander might actually notch one up ?
    You can see what's going to happen, we'll drop into the bottom three with about 6 games left, DM will pull the trigger to appease the fans & try and keep face.

18. surgeryman

surgeryman Active Member

Ricky is certainly not the dogs bollox!!

19. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Where would be the point in that? If anything was going to happen, it should have been well before now, so the new 'incumbent' has time and the January window to try and turn things around. We're stuck in a downward spiral now, I fear :emoticon-0101-sadsm

20. danary

danary Active Member

It might just be a case of McNally feeling there isn't a suitable alternative available. It's all well and good saying we should get rid (which, by the way, I think we should) but it isn't as if there is an outstanding candidate on the market. I'd personally give Steve Clarke a shot at it but that is just a personal preference and it is by no means a certainty that he'd do any better.

I guess my point is that it isn't just a case of saying that our current manager isn't good enough and getting rid. There are a lot of things to consider and I think it would be unfair to brandish McNally's as "stubborn" for his apparent inaction.

Also, before anyone says it, I don't think it would be sensible to bring someone in temporary charge who has no experience at this level (i.e. Neil Adams).