1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How not to motivate your players...

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by stonkin, Nov 28, 2015.

1. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

2. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

3. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Cellino picked him..... Presumably the merits of the playing squad was mentioned at the interview.
    We knew Evans wasn't a Leeds manager. Can't blame him cos Cellino appointed him.

4. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Do you know what I don't care because he is actually right! I would rather hear this than how talented our shower of ....e are because they aren't. Fed up with weekend after weekend of that inner raw unhappiness just hoping there are three teams worse than us until Captain Dillon f...s off and let's someone run us properly. No fluke that proper, intelligent football men like Hughton, Clement, Karanka and Bruce are up there challenging - bit of support (to differing degrees) and left to get on with it - rant over!

leedsrevolution likes this.
  5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Well said. Remember the rubbishRedders spoke of his totally over rated academy players. Now we're seeing their real ability

6. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Have the performances improved since Evans took over?

In Rossler's 1st 8 games he got 11 points
    Evans has 8 points from 7 games so a win against Hull would equal Rossler's start.
    The 3 defeats that saw the end of Rossler were Brighton (top) Boro (2nd) Brimingham (6th) - Under Evans you have just lost 2 on the spin to teams at the bottom!!

He needs to look in the mirror when dishing out the critisism (if he can find one big enough)

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  7. Chippy / Glory

When I said that in August you were one of those giving me the biggest pelters. You now accepting it was honest accurate assessment and not negativity then?

8. Eireleeds1

I said back then I was willing to give the new regime time before jumping to conclusions. I did that and clearly it's still all broken. You jumped all over them before the pre season friendlies were over thus giving no one time to prove themselves either way. In the event, your assessment was correct but rushed

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  9. Marcos Barber

You seem somewhat defensive today fella, not like you. Attack, attack, attack! Great quote from Klitshko before his fight - a dog that is barking can't bite, may help to keep your blood pressure down if you muse on that when next provoked

10. Chippy / Glory

Not defensive mate... Just having a gloat.
    It's not often a thicky like me is right.
    Gotta grab it while I can.
    Lol

11. Marcos Barber

Can you tell us next year how brilliant we are going to be? Then, when you have a gloat again we can all enjoy it (was going to sub goat for gloat again but it would have been just wrong)

12. Chippy / Glory

If we still have Cellino, Silvestri, sloth, wood or Wooton still at the club we will finish below the wallies in the third tier....

13. Marcos Barber

You might be being optimistic that they will still be there. One of my best mates is a Wally and I am dreading the doomsday scenario at this rate

14. Marcos Barber

And I meant can you wait until next year to tell us? No one will believe you until then

15. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

There's someone on JA606 started an identical thread. Someone called Jonty.

Be afraid, very afraid

16. Eireleeds1

Why should Evans shoulder the blame though for results that are down to a crap squad

17. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

So far we've had 42 managers in the last year who have failed to get this squad to perform - what do you conclude from that?

(I may have exaggerated slightly)

Marcos Barber likes this.
  18. Chippy / Glory

Indeed. It's far worse than just not performing...... Oh.

19. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Some were/are of the opinion that we have decent players, they just need the best bringing out of them. Others are of the opinion that we have poor quality players and it doesn't matter who is in charge, this is the worst Leeds team in decades.

I wanted to believe that we were better than we are, like you I wanted to give them a chance, I was very optimisitc at the start of the season. Just a couple of games in I could see Wood was never going to be the answer and the prolific marksman we needed, I did hope though that I was wrong about him and that the rest of the team would shine.

When it didn't get any better I could understand although not agree that it was time for Rosler to go, I was alarmed at his replacement but thought give him a chance, I don't have to like him as long as he does a job.

The answer is now clear, we have poor quality players, no coach is going to turn them around. You might manage it with one or two weak links but we have a team of them. Evans is clearly a yes man, he said after one day in charge that Byram (or was it Mowatt) was looking like his old self and then a week later he praised the other player along the same lines.

Now he tells the world how great Byram is looking in training but he doesn't pick him? Then after the match he says we haven't many decent players, come on, you don't slate the whole team like that even if it is true. Evans is as poor a coach as Wootton is at RB and Cellino is as bad an owner as Bates, when we neared going under a season and a half ago I thought it couldn't get worse, it has.

20. lifecheshirewhite

Sure he was predicting relegation wnen we won the league in 90.