1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

How you guys seeing next season pan out?

Discussion in 'Reading' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Toon fan in peace.
    I can see you lads in 14th TBH.

2. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

Cheers, as many see us as worse off!
    To be honest, we're in a waiting game. We're told new owner Anton Zingarevich is going to inject funds - 15M has been mooted - but we've not seen much action. Lots of rumours yes, but we're itching for big news!!

3. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

daib0 - its quality not quantity. Just because u pay £15 million quid for a player doessn't mean to say he is any good!

4. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

Dead right, good point ...

5. Tilehurstsouthbank

The money will be spent of a few players and might include wages too. POG is on the verge or signing on a free. Wages roumered to be 30k a week.

6. Agent Bruce

Agent Bruce Well-Known Member

Looks like you've made a good signing in Danny Guthrie, a very underestimated player. A good worker and team player who's not without a bit of class. He'll do well for you and I'm sure he'll become a fans favourite.

7. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Try 65k per week. Although I agree that 30k per week is about what he is worth and what Fulham offered. Paying wages like that will see you end up like Portsmouth/Leeds.

8. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

From whats been said its more than 30k a week. Pog is not that good. I fear for Reading if thats the route your owner is taking.

You missed out he is a thug. What he did to Craig Fagan in the Newcastle v. Hull PL game in sept.2008 was a disgrace. I am stiill in shock that he was allowed to walk off the pitch after being sent off.

Sadly this is a very good point well made. The money that Reading have used up on Poggy could have been put to much better use. Sunderland want to sell Fraizer Campbell and he would be a better and cheaper option. Michael Owen would also have been worth going after. Proven PL quality if he stays fit.