1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Huddersfield Town vs QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Waghorn always scores against QPR. Just one of those constants of the Universe, like gravity.

I sad that I'm pleased we've managed a draw against a team in the drop zone.

Onwards...

Ranger4ever likes this.
  2. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Turkish" Premier" Hoops Well-Known Member

Not truly happy with the result, however was pleased to see the grass roots of a resurgence in the team as well as Willock, and was more than happy to see Stefan back in the middle, Chair continues to frustrate as always by having one touch too many, always pleasing when it works one time in ten but lately probably costing us valuable points by not passing at the opportune time, Lowe well thank f*ck we got him in, Field always does his job, Dunne really been immense at times and the rest appeared to have upped their game, Sinclair Armstrong is miles away from the finished article and in my opinion only Lyndon being ill prevented him going out on loan to gain valuable experience and that is something we really cannot afford him to gain with us whilst we struggle.
    Seny’s distribution today was well below par and at times could have cost us dearly.
    Overall I’d give the team a 7 /10 for todays efforts.
    Onwards and upwards, have a good evening ya’all <cheers><cheers><cheers>

3. Hammersmith bookie

Hammersmith bookie Well-Known Member

I just hope they didn't miss a major operation !

Steelmonkey and kiwiqpr like this.
  4. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

He seemed a bit nervy at the start I thought, looked like he missed Dykes to aim at when he needed to go long, as did others. Field stepped forward well to win a lot of the high balls out from our defence into the midfield, especially 1st half. Think Seny will be disapointed having got to the FK that he didn't put it behind for a corner. Then they reacted quicker than us to the rebound. Thank Christ Lowe knows where the Goal is. Overall it was better than Hull, but no better than Swansea, Reading or Sheffield.

5. stick

stick Bumper King

Not sure they reacted to the rebound quicker, more they anticipated a rebound and were already on the move whereas we had a bunch of zombies with their arms in the air praying a linesman will get them out of the mess. Terrible defending AGAIN.
    Willock started off pretty brightly but midway through the first half he misplaced a couple of passes and the doubts seemed to come rushing back.
    Sure I read somewhere that Dozzell started...???

Steelmonkey likes this.
  6. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Meh.

MickMack likes this.
  7. Yorkshire-Rs

Yorkshire-Rs Well-Known Member

Very average match, very average teams. Huddersfield were abysmal 1st half, and should have been taken to the cleaners. 2nd half they improved and we struggled to cope with their physicality, although their was only 1 shot on target in the 2nd half that I can remember.
    What I continue to struggle with is Critchley's tactics. When you essentially play with 3 holding midfielders and full backs who clearly are told not to overlap or pile into the box, we are only ever going to gave the front 3 in the box. Not once do I recollect any of the midfielders running past our front three, Laird got into a decent position twice and not sure Paal even did once. These tactics make it so easy to defend. Our goal and other 1st half chances came from their errors not brilliant team play. 2nd half Dieng and Armstrong created our one and only chance of the 2nd half. Only seeing it live I personally thought Sinclair anticipated Chair running in, instead I think he stood still but need to see it again.
    Tactics again we worked the ball out really well at times 2nd half we get into their half out wide again no one making the run through so the ball ends up going back to one of the holding players then back to Dieng which is so so frustrating.
    I don't believe the" Raw"label put on Armstrong, he misplaced one header and one pass, his distribution is really good on the whole, and created two opportunities by himself. He needs to start and get involved with team tactics so everyone knows what he Is about to do, and vice versa. Wins will come when Armstrong and Lowe connect. Chair, Lowe and Laird(his one run past their defence) were all in a similar position to Armstrong but these are not mentioned. Chair tried to do too many tricks and ended up with a fortunate corner, Lowe miss controlled and went for a goal kick and Lairds cross hit the defender.
    On another point mentioned Diengs distribution was fantastic, bearing in mind every move goes through him, one misplaced pass is pretty remarkable!
    Fans were amazing especially 1st half pretty much non stop singing.
    Glad Stef was back(never thought I would say that!)and no Tim until late on(had quite a decent chance with last kick of the game) and no Roberts at all, all added to an improved performance. NWTFC now needs to sort out joke tactics, just not convinced he has that in him.

8. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Sounds like the frustrating tactics Warburton often employed with lots of sideways passes through the back line one forward one backward then across to the other side before back to the keeper. Looks good on possession stats but mind-numbingly boring and prone to the odd costly error.

Perhaps when Dykes is fit we'll have a target man to feed off but you have to get bodies up to support him. All in all you wonder how Critchley got any success elsewhere or are our players really on board with his tactics?...

9. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Some good points in there York's. I've often wondered why our midfield rarely supports the attacks. The only player who does make the supporting runs is Amos and he's only good for 2 matches a season. When I watch other teams in this division, they all seem to have one of those buzzing midfielders, who aswell as tackling and closing down, can also offer forward support. Johanson did it in his early period with us, popping up with the odd goal.

10. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

It was a game that I couldn't bring myself to attend yesterday, for a couple of reasons. This current squad is pretty weak so a point away at near bottom Huddersfield is like a win at the moment. I think this season is just a case of seeing it out and maintaining our championship status. Pre season next time will be an eye opener as to what direction this club is aspiring to head in.

11. Yorkshire-Rs

That's what frustrates me so much. You watch the highlights from other matches and their are at least 6 players piling into the box. We generally have 2 as the 3rd attacking player is playing the pass!

12. stanleyparkerbowles

stanleyparkerbowles Well-Known Member

Been here 5 or 6 years running

Hammersmith bookie likes this.
  13. Yorkshire-Rs

It's sad though Bob, where we were in October to where we are now is unbelievable/criminal. We haven't sold anyone, yes a few injuries, but this should not have led to where we are now where a Saturday afternoon trip to IKEA is a viable option to watching QPR. I still don't buy its Beales fault, poor recruitment for his replacement and clearly a terrible scouting system, and obviously some serious issues behind the scenes. Not quite sure where we go from here it certainly won't be Middlesbrough away!

Hammersmith bookie and bobmid like this.
  14. Yorkshire-Rs

Totally agree Sooper, I was under the impression he played more of a long ball game at Blackpool but might be wrong with that, so sidewards, forwards, sidewards, backwards, Dieng kick forwards might be a bit much for him!

15. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Three holding midfielders? Two is one too many.

SW Ranger and Yorkshire-Rs like this.
  16. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Lets not talk about when Dykes is back, our season will be over before he is back, I am afraid. Only out of hospital yesterday

17. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I know what you mean and I hope that it is not indifference.

I only managed to watch the last 10 mins and we seemed a bit under the cosh. A pity that we fluffed the Armstrong-Chair break. It was a great chance to nick an away win.

18. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Beth, I am very pleased to hear that Dykes has now left the hospital, but do you know what what was his illness?

19. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Pneumonia - not good, will be a slow road to recovery for him

20. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

At best another mid table season assuming we’re not dragged into a relegation battle.
    At what point will our owners show any kind of ambition or do we have to assume we’re stuck in an eternal FFP limbo and this is all it will ever be.
    Fans need dreams and hopes. Right now our fans, especially the travelling fans deserve to hear where we’re going and what is the plan.
    As a business the owners should be looking at how we improve and if that means making some tough staffing decisions then so be it. We should get through this season then make some changes. For me that starts with our scouting team and the DoF.

Yorkshire-Rs, bobmid and Didley Squat like this.