1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Hull City Centre Public Realm Strategy

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Phinius T Bookbinder

Phinius T Bookbinder Well-Known Member

Bearing in mind no one lives in Versailles I guess it’s an open palace therefore more bangs for you buck or Euro in this case.

DMD likes this.
  2. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

He lives off his cut of the Privvy Purse, which comes from the British taxpayer.

The B&S Fanclub likes this.
  3. Anal Frank Fingers

Anal Frank Fingers Well-Known Member

I thought the Privvy Purse came from income generated from Crown land.

Did you mean the Sovereign Grant?

4. Anal Frank Fingers

So it appears that the Royal Leeches aren't paid by the taxpayer. 2 minutes of research. Just saying.

DMD likes this.
  5. LeftSaidFred

LeftSaidFred Well-Known Member

lol so much for Olm's request for no politics.

By the way, some of the royal family have served active duty, so yes they have worked. I wouldn't want their life for all the tea in China personally but I think they are an asset to this country and its history, which, let's face it, tourists love.

6. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

What ever its called. Andrew takes it even though he was 'retired' from duties.

7. Anal Frank Fingers

From the published information; he takes his money from the Privvy Purse, not the Sovereign Grant. This isn't taxpayers money as you claimed. He is still a nonce **** though.

I, as others have stated, am no Royalist, but if it's the choice of the Monarchy or an elected Head, would rather stick with the Monarchy, even with all the flaws.

The British public have proven that they contain a large proportion of absolute ****wits in the last 10 years. We could and would do a hell of a lot worse.

8. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

He gets absolutely nothing, as he’s no longer an acting member of the royal family, but even if he did, it would come from the Crown Estate, not us tax-payers.

9. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

It's all smoke & mirrors. :emoticon-0105-wink::emoticon-0105-wink:

10. steverico

steverico Well-Known Member

The Crown Estate is land stolen from the UK in the Norman conquest, so by rights the income does come from the taxpayer, albeit by the long way round, I used to be a Royalist but since the press decided to actually report on the disgusting way they behave and still have servants in the 21st century, it’s time for them to go.
    Oh and just watching on the news of the first event in the Queens celebrations, it’s showjumping from Windsor, you know that “sport” we all like to do on a weekend, if your very wealthy obviously.

11. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Fair point, not wishing to Labour the point, but republics like France and US have far more tourists than the UK. Just saying like. Positively my final input on this thread.

12. Phinius T Bookbinder

The Norman Conquest??? How far do you have to go back to make a point. Pretty sure the UK nicked plenty of stuff during the empire as did most European countries.

SW3 Chelsea Tiger, Edelman and DMD like this.
  13. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

The majority of the Crown Estate income comes from property in Regent Street and St James's, which were only built a couple of hundred years ago, there's not a lot left from the stuff nicked 1,000 years ago.

Edelman and DMD like this.
  14. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Liz is 96 and suffering the signs of her age, but the rules mean that she's not allowed to retire, so is still working a 40hour plus week until she pops her clogs, or gets too ill to function.

Some ****ing privilege. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

As an aside, I know some people that are involved in horse jumping, and they're not what most people would describe as wealthy.

What's a servant? Someone paid by someone else to carry out a task? Doesn't that fit so many other categories, where we are either servants, or have them ourselves?

A lot of the comments smack of envy, yet those same people don't seem to want to look down from their own position.

If you're happy with what you've got, be happy. If you're not happy, change it. Pulling someone else down will not raise you up.

Give me the strength to change the things I can change, the grace to accept the things I can't, and the wisdom to know the difference.

15. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

So does China.

steverico and The B&S Fanclub like this.
  16. steverico

There’s a huge amount of farmland, the Queen is the biggest farmer in the UK, our country used the Fuedal system, which allowed the King to give, GIVE, land to his mates who then rented it to farmers to grow crops to keep the country alive, That’s how this country works, the immensely wealthy rule over us.

17. steverico

Oh we did, my point is that in this day and age, the idea of a family who have never had to work for a living, live in massive palaces employing servants, shag under age girls, get mummy to pay the accusers off to the tune of £12m , which makes mummy basically a pimp, while millions in this country are in food and fuel poverty, fairly disgusting.

Jim the Tiger likes this.
  18. originalminority

originalminority Well-Known Member

Most of us do not see them like that, certainly not the Queen and not William, I'm happy to say congratulations on your 70 years on the throne your Majesty, GSTQ.

spesupersydera and DMD like this.
  19. steverico

The French seem to ok as a Republic, much better than the American, and because the French have had a Royal family, they still maintain all the palaces which we could do here, I would love to have a weekend at Windsor castle as a tourist, and I’m sure millions of other people would.
    Off with their heads.

20. Phinius T Bookbinder

DMD likes this.