1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hull City fan to run 44 Marathons in 51 days, and he's never ran a marathon before.

Discussion in 'The Championship' started by DMD, Jan 27, 2011.

1. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

City fan to run 44 Marathons in 51 days, and he's never ran a marathon before.
    Is he mad or courageous? Personally I take my hat off to him. It's a shame in so many ways that he needs to do it.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund...=paddydearlove

My knees ache just thinking about it.

From clappers.

willyfog
    #1 26 Jan 2011 19:36 Complain | Prev | Next |
    Signed: May 2009 44 Marathons in 51 days ...
    Academy

Evening all - I will be running 44 Marathons in 51 days (Eddie Izzard style) to try and raise 100k for The Sick Kids Friends Foundation and Comic Relief - please follow on Twitter @run_4_the_kids (Ash and Garcia have retweeted so far!) or on Facebook run4thekids. On Monday 16th May i'll be running from East Hull (Swiss Cottage) round the KC, across the Bridge and to some place called Appleby. trying to get as many people on board as possible.

Cheers

Willy

Also running Bridlington to Hull on Sunday 15th

willyfog
    #12 26 Jan 2011 22:11 Complain |
    Signed: May 2009 re: re: re: re: 44 Marathons in 51 days ...
    Academy

Prior to training I hadn't ran anything up to a 10k - so far in training I have got upto 20 miles - but at the moment working on 'Threshold Training' so basically really focusing on fitness levels and also strength and conditioning to build leg muscles to provide better support over the distance. Another period of long runs coming up before easing back to let the body be fresh for the start.

willyfog
    #13 26 Jan 2011 22:13 Complain |
    Signed: May 2009 re: re: re: re: re: re: re: 44 Marathons in 51 days ...
    Academy

Inspired by Eddie Izzards 43 marathons in 51 days - I didn't do 1 more to better him but because of places I wanted to reach i.e. I live near Edinburgh but want to get to Hull (place of birth and first 21 years of my life) - across to Leeds where I worked for 5 years - back up to Scotland (Glasgow) - Loch Lomond (beautiful place), Loch Ness (always wanted to go) and then Inverness, Nairn, Perth, St Andrews and back to Edinburgh - it added up to 44.

2. willyfog

willyfog Well-Known Member

Cheers for this plug DMD - much appreciated - i've wrote to the club to see if they can help with something, unfortunately in my letter I mentioned i'd had tweets from Richard Garcia and Ian Ashbee - perhaps my timing was a bit out on that one!!!