1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hull City-Norwich (Match thread)

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Febbos, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

I might join you for a little nipple :emoticon-0183-swear, Gonads, I meant tipple :emoticon-0168-drink:emoticon-0103-cool:

2. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

^^^ :emoticon-0137-clapp

3. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

Sagegee, I meant bar! It's not important though. Stop making mountains out of molehills.

4. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

"Padded" out that post, didn't you? I think you are just milking it now! But, back to your udder post, I don't think the BULLard would want to come back here, now all his friends have gone.

5. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

Come out from hiding Adam, I know you are there, come and join us!!!

6. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

Well, finally, I think we should go flat out now. For me and Burnsy, it's the Premiership or bust! Tony Daws has just said: "If you take away the goals, Ipswich never hurt us". Three points to Scunny then?

7. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

I saw a pair of great tits in next doors back garden! If they stay there much longer, they could turn out to be blue tits, though!

8. fairweatherfan

People are beginning to milk this thread now.

9. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

i thought we got what we set out for, a point...5 defenders at home, taking a striker off at 1 down....somebodies content with just outside the play offs if you ask me <whistle>

10. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

Fro that comment you can have a Gold(top) star

11. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

If that is the cunning plan, then, how come we have crept another point closer to the play-off zone?

12. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

OK, finally, my first comment about David Burns should have been a great match mammary, not summary. I am saying no more as I have drunk quite enough in celebration of a point. Bouncy, Bouncy, Bouncy, Bouncy, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun to you all tonight.

13. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

he cant control the other results, or the fact that you get a point for a draw..
    we werent exactly busting a gut for 3, at 1-1 guzan was slowing every goal kick down...midfield was sat back leaving fryatt isoloated...settled for a point, with any winner considered a bonus..imo

14. Elliott's Cartwheel

You didn't miss much. All i saw was a video of all the goals City have scored this season on the big screen, like a preview of the end of season dvd. They also gave out ticker tape to throw around in the east stand, along with the return of the big flag.

15. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

We may not be as good as you would like, but, "at the business end of the season", this is the consistency that is needed. Look at the others above us, they are dropping points left, right, and, centre, as we are picking away at their lead. 8 more games till the end of the season, and, still all to play for, still a chance to make the play-off's.

16. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

i think norwich are a decent side, and a draw isnt the end of the world...
    wasnt really complaining, just saying a home side should be looking to get 3 points if they are serious about a play off push, and in my opinion too much emphasis was placed on not losing, ..
    we did make a point up, but this weekend, with burnley, leeds and forest all having difficult away games, and us at home..this was the weekend to really get ourselves on the coattails, i dont think a point is enough..but we shall see..

17. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

I think, that, considering who the opposition were, NP, set his tactics accordingly, i.e., 5 at the back, and take it to them when they left themselves open to capitalise on there mistakes, whilst trying to keep it tight at our back. But, as I was not at the match, if others can sway my thoughts, I am prepared to change them.
    I agree that we need to be picking up 3 points a game now to really stand a chance of making the play-off's, but, as I already said, we are picking away at the leading packs position. Look at it as if we are in a 10,000m race, and now we have heard the 200m bell, it's now the time to reel in the leading pack, and, if doing it a point at a time is the way to achieve our goal, then so be it.

18. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Because AP didn't handle the situation very well at all in the summer, he thought the best way of getting him off the wage bill was to isolate him from the squad and criticise him in the press. For some crazy reason this didn't work and we ended up with a player who (quite understandably) was unmotivated and pissed off.

19. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

No mention of being entertained today then?

20. Thor

Thor New Member

As I said in another thread, the starting shape was far too narrow for my liking - as it has been for the past several weeks. The centre of the pitch gets full, limiting space, and with no one in wide positions there's either endless sideways/backwards passing until the ball gets intercepted or someone hoofs it and their defenders collect. I can understand it for tough away games but at this stage we really need to be going for wins, particularly at home, and when we have width with more creative players we're considerably more threatening. More attacking play also gets the crowd fired up, which lifts the team. Narrow, defensive shapes lead to flat football and flat football leads to a dead atmosphere. Drawing every remaining match of the season would give us a great unbeaten run - an exceptional away record - but it wouldn't give us the points to reach the playoffs. At this point a draw is almost the same as a loss. Granted, a point is still better, and Norwich are no pushovers, but I'm hoping he'll go for it earlier in the remaining games. Drop Harper and play Belaid or Amoo to give us more width and creative ability.

The first half was dire and things only picked up after Barmby came on. He, along with Belaid and Amoo, changed the match for us. Even though Amoo didn't do much himself the shape change when he came on gave the team much more space to play into. In a way Rosenior having to go off was great for us; he'd been the best player on the pitch until then but the substitution forced Chester to right back and that freed the team up to play a more attacking game.