1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hull City-Norwich (Match thread)

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Febbos, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

I take it that this is "your opinion" twf'y, as, IMHO, the player in question was already unmotivated, because he had had a prolonged "holiday", with a nice pay packet that most of us would not have received. In the real world, working for an employer you would have received 6mths at full pay, 6mths at half pay, then, either no pay thereafter, or, sent to be assessed if you were capable to continue the job you were payed to do in the first place.

2. smidgen

smidgen Active Member

Bullard acted like an ****hole; took the piss; was a bad influence/role model (ask Ash). I'd guess rather than be given the choice of "Shape up or ship out", he was just moved out. His last injury was reputedly caused whilst falling down, pissed, as he recovered from previous injury.

Pity he's scoring for the Tractor Boys though....

3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Amoo may have improved our shape, but he did little for our chances of scoring, he doesn't even look like a footballer to me, he just looked lost.

4. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

I wasn't. 5 defenders at home is a ridiculous decision.

5. smidgen

smidgen Active Member

I listened to the match, at home, on BBC Radio Norfolk. The match commentators said we were really fighting, taking it to the Canaries, but that every attack of ours just ran out of steam. It sounded to me that we were really lucky, considering the pressiure they put on us.

6. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

alan wasnt commentating was he? ;)

7. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

I just don't get it when Rosenior has some movement down his side, or someone over lapping giving him a bit of space, even if it is just Barmby or Evans at times today he looks amazing and as a team we create so much more. So why do we not play with wingers, we look a far better side, and to round it all off the goal came from playing with some actual width.

I have banged on about this for far to long now, i disagree with the 5 defenders, as well was Chester even playing in defence? I hardly think so he was sitting in front, Harper was further forward than Mclean at times, and Evans and Koren where right up there to, Chester just sat allowing them to go forward.

However what i do agree with is that a point is not enough, i don't deny that we went for three but the fact that we got a point is not enough, you can't say its one gained for me, we have missed a HUGE chance to catch up on the teams infront of us. However i am happy with just missing out this year and making a big push, but this division will only get better next year!

8. smidgen

smidgen Active Member

There were two of 'em (one was a Northerner)....don't know their names, but better than Blunderside's gruesome twosome.

9. dazzar86

dazzar86 Well-Known Member

Strange performance today - with the way we were set out, which I think is mainly due to the lack of a certain Mr.C Stewart, we're narrow as we are, but don't really have anyone to fill his boots to play wingers.

I'm yet to see anything that proves Amoo will add anything to our push for a play-off place - not sure when the loan window closes, but would anyone be tempted to send him back and bring in someone who'll add a bit more of something to the side/create a bigger impact?

Harper seems an easy one to pick out as a poor performance, but don't think he was the worst player on the field - that goes to McLean - he was woeful and added nothing today, IMO. I think we looked a lot better with only Fryatt as a lone striker. It's a shame Belaid has been hit and miss, as I thought him, Koren, Barmby and Fryatt all linked up well late on, as they all actually seemed to be on the same wavelength - something we seem to lack at times.

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

We didn't really have five defenders at any time, we either had three centre backs(when the full backs went forward), or we had a standard back four with Chester playing ahead of them when we were under attack. It worked reasonably well, apart from a very soft goal(and the odd flap), they were contained quite well.

The lack of width is making us less attacking than we should be, Rosenior was causing them all sorts of problems going forward down the right, but Dawson was not really testing them on the left and we rarely create anything through the middle as it's too congested and the players in there aren't creative enough.

We simply don't yet have enough quality in depth, Garcia currently looks a better option than Amoo to give us some width(he doesn't look good enough to me), Belaid could also be another option(he needs to make himself available more and try and win the odd ball, but he's obviously talented), but I'd say we've overachieved this season with the squad we've got. A few more improvements in the summer and we should be laughing.

11. WestHullTig3r

WestHullTig3r New Member

If you watched Chester today whenever Norwich had the ball he was right up Hoolahans backside. I think it more or less worked since Hoolahan didn't really manage to have much effect on the game like he normally does, as soon as Chester was forced to shift to right back Norwich looked a lot more dangerous.

12. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

What comes around goes around.

13. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Shocking thread

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  14. look_back_in_amber

<laugh>

15. Chazz Rheinhold

U saying early match thread lb? Cos I'm not prepared as yet...

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  16. look_back_in_amber

I knew you'd be the first to read it Chazz <laugh>

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  17. Chazz Rheinhold

It keeps me up at night. You can't trust the ****ers on here.
    I'd like to say I've lost weight worrying about it, but I haven't...

18. Quill

Quill Bastard

David ****ing Amoo.

PLT likes this.
  19. look_back_in_amber

**** me, I had to go back six years to realise that the demise of Bullard was all down to AP.

20. Tuckin

Tuckin Well-Known Member

My XI for this one:

McGregor
    Rosenior Chester M Dawson A Dawson
    Koren Meyler Toral
    Bowen Campbell Grosicki