1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Blackpool

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jan 15, 2021.

?

City win?

Poll closed Jan 16, 2021.
  1. City win

71.7%
  2. Draw

15.1%
  3. Pool win

13.2%
  1. Arnold_Lane_HCFC

Arnold_Lane_HCFC Well-Known Member

Lots of players contracts have such clauses/incentives to boost 'income'.
    Appearance money basically along with clean sheet, goals scored, international appearances etc.
    Remember when Robbo was quite open about the fact that players contracts had 'attendance' incentives?

There might be other cases at other clubs, but in this case Daft Lad is using it in a negative way. Classy.

2. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

I reckon it could be classed as bringing the game into disrepute.

Red top reader likes this.
  3. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

To be honest as been said before, even if klp signs this extra year. As long as he continues to progress Ehab will cash in before the end of the contract anyway. His agents will continue throughout the contract to engineer a move so everyone gets what they want in the end anyway

4. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Robbo was supposed to have inflated the attendance when we played Scunny and it clashed with an FC game to get it up to a level where it gave an extra bonus with the added advantage it made City, in a lower league, look even more attractive a game than FC in the top flight. Especially as all the local smart arses were saying that a clash with FC would say it was a rugby town (Sic). May be apocryphal but sounds the sort of smart stunt Robbo would have pulled.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  5. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

I would have thought the same but given KLP's meant to have offered to accept a lower wage in return for a shorter contract there must be a compelling reason for not taking the extra year.
    The only reason I can think of is if KLP or his agent don't think a bigger club will entertain paying up his contract to get him at some point.

Kempton and originallambrettaman like this.
  6. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Sorry yes, dissent is 2 I think and violent conduct is 3

The B&S Fanclub likes this.
  7. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

Couldn’t they agree on a minimum release fee

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  8. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

I suspect that if we're in a higher league come the summer than the extra year won't be an issue.

9. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Maybe they just don't want to get tied down to a longer contract, because they're hoping a big offer comes in sooner rather than later.

The agent and the club may also be worried that Keane's good form might dip if he plays regularly or he gets a bad injury.

I mean as things stand, they might see it as money in the bag, because he's already attracting interest.

The club will know this, the agent will know this and... sorry folks, but loyalty doesn't exist in football, Keane knows this.

Anyway, I reckon he's off.

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  10. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

On the flip side of the injury front, the longer term deal with give klp more security if he got a bad injury that really impacted his development, in this day and age with covid effected finances, klp could struggle to find a team to take him if he's spent the past 18mnths out with a bad injury and still only has 45/50 games under his belt when his contract runs out.

Some many different scenarios could happen on both sides of the coin. The ideal and safest bet for all parties ( bar the agent ) would be the longer deal, the agreed wage rises and a happy KLP playing his football, hitting the heights his potential show he could hit and him moving on like Bowen to a better standard and a good transfer fee for the club. That would be win win all round...... So simple for us lovely lot on here though isn't it :)

TwoWrights and Kempton like this.

11. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I stand corrected, you're right. That's not so bad then, I think Jones has enough in his locker to handle Accrington.

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  12. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

More youth players have broken through and played for the first team over the past 4 or 5 years then I can remember. in all my time following the club. All, barring Tymon and KLP have been happy to sign longer contracts. Therefore I think it tells young players, 'I have a real chance at this club'.

13. Mckechnie Orange

Can't condone the decision not to play him, but I speak to someone connected with Sunderland scouting through work occasionally. He mentioned last week that Keanos name has been circulated by the agent since the summer. That shut me up from crowing about George's form this season.

Agents engineer moves for their own gain sometimes. It's naive to think otherwise but a stand-off like we have takes 2 parties and I don't think anyone is really considering the impact on the player. It's just disappointing all round from what I can see.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    Howdentiger2 likes this.
  14. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

what's the story with Daniel James - he left but not sure what the contract position was at the time - I know we got £72k from Swansea but was he released or did he want out

15. Mckechnie Orange

We couldn't keep him because we didn't have an academy at the time. We got compo but couldn't insist he stayed. Development of the academy is one of the few things the Allams have got right.

16. Jackthecap

Jackthecap Well-Known Member

Bruce will be watching from the Dole office.