1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Brentford

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by StCloudTiger, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

You cant blame the loss of Jarrod and Grosicki on this shower of shyte today.. it was woeful beyond belief .. there was an eagerness to cover the yards get close and support their players by Brentford .. we on the other hand were a fkn embarrassment to the shirt .. McCann is playing a 3 man midfield which isnt good enough to cope ..we have a back 4 that have no idea how to talk to each other or mark a man .. he brings on Kane to slow it down at 1-4 ? Tactically naive .. and tbh his tactics are NOT working ... I'm all for giving the bloke a chance but for God's sake man see the obvious.. and sort the fkn thing out .. that's what your paid to do. And if he comes out after match and speaks of positives and being unlucky I'll personally go down there and ram his words up his arse.

2. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Well, that was embarrassing! Nobody comes out of that with any credit whatsoever, apart from Maddison making their keeper save one. Can't see that having Grosicki and Bowen in the side would have made much difference either. Having said that Brentford were good, no doubt.
    Hopefully that was one of those freak performances all teams have from time to time, we surely can't be that bad again, can we?

3. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

The only reason we were a championship team was because we had an international winger and a £24m goal scorer.

The rest would look out of their depth in league 2.

4. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

Sign League 1 players get League 1 performances. Shocking.

5. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Any improvements 2nd half?

LeftSaidFred and Kempton like this.
  6. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I left after the 5th went in. I never normally leave early, that is about the worst I have seen in years. Shocking - Burke looked worse than a Sunday league player today, closely followed by most of the rest of the team.

7. Baldrick's Cunning Plan

Baldrick's Cunning Plan Well-Known Member

If all the hard work done on the training ground produces a performance like that can I suggest they stop training. The most worrying defeat for a very long time.

8. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

You reap what you sow.

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  9. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Alas my masochistic side watched the full game and tbh I couldnt agree more .. clueless from the owners and manager down .. they are a fkn embarrassment to the shirt and the history of the club .. everyone who went today should get their matchday fee reimbursed by the club for putting them through that

Kempton likes this.
  10. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

Brentford are a different class, we surely can’t be that bad against teams in the relegation fight with us!

11. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

People who say Bowen and Grosicki wouldn't have made a difference are completely wrong. Brentford's full backs would have had to sit far deeper, their holding midfielder who have sat a bit deeper too, they wouldn't have been able to attack without worrying about us hitting them on the counter. We couldn't counter today as we had nothing going forwards at all. Would we have still lost with them? Quite possibly as Brentford are a good team, and we defended awfully but we massively lacked those two today as we just didn't hold onto the ball.

There are loads of reasons we lost today admittedly, some from Grant but we massively missed those two players today.

12. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

Did we win the warm up? Bring back Nige!!

13. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Agree
    We’d have lost, but not by as many

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  14. brownbagtiger

brownbagtiger Well-Known Member

What a difference a week makes. A disjointed, poor effort reminiscent of Slutsky days. The gulf between the teams was greater than last week too, Brentford looked great.

Maddison and KLP are the only glimmers of positivity. McCann only ever plays 433, any team he’s ever managed. Expecting him to change things up during the match is a wasted hope. Like for like replacements only.

Was trying to work out who our highest league scorer was in the starting line up. KLP?

15. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

16 to play. 3 wins, 4 draws for 52 points.Doable?

16. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

They aren’t really that good. They’re ok, but they’re no WBA.

dennisboothstash and Geo10 like this.
  17. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I would genuinely have taken Magennis off after 10 minutes, moved KLP up front and put Maddison on.

Real ale tiger likes this.
  18. AmalCarb

AmalCarb Well-Known Member

The mental battle was lost well before kick off.

Organization attitude and responsibility don’t cost a fortune.

Sort it McCann.

Allams OUT

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  19. Mr G. Raff

Mr G. Raff Active Member

Our defence was as leaky as ever and now with no threat going forwards either this was a predictable result

20. NewbaldTiger

NewbaldTiger Active Member

McCann is out of his depth here as shown by his signing L1 players and a 19 from Scotland as a goal getter. Time the Allams upped and left as they are draining this club to nothing, good job next games away as attendance would of been dire and so would the time, and if he says “we are where we are” he wants to shake his head a bit and Burnsy tell him this is your team and tactics so explain.
    Change of tactics needed and imo a change of manager who is proven at this level is required, if you are playing a battering ram up front play 44 ****ing 2 as tactics and have someone up there with him and alongside.
    Gutted today as managed to get me 82 year old father in law there today as he has been unwell and bad on his legs and not been all season and he even said “ don’t have long left now but I ain’t coming again”