1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Fleetwood

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Apr 15, 2021.

?

City win ?

Poll closed Apr 17, 2021.
  1. It’s win

72.6%
  2. Draw

17.7%
  3. Fleet do

9.7%
  1. 1MoreAgain

1MoreAgain Well-Known Member

I know Brentford are looking at KLP my Boy Scouts for them.

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  2. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

Loads of clubs are scouting our younger players, but for many a jump into say the PL next season would be too early. Fotunately they have seen players leave too early. KLP needs another season in the Championship.

That said, we will sell players in the summer. Money is tight and if the right offer came in I think he would go. But it would need to be a big offer.

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  3. Godrevy Buoy

Godrevy Buoy Well-Known Member

Got the table out again and it makes some nice breakfast reading today. The team has ground out another good result and Sunderland losing again has made our position very strong. Docherty has been immense again and must be the find of the season. I don’t think that we will make the mistake of thinking it’s done. The mentality of three points or not getting beat is very obvious. Like the bloke or not we must give some credit to Grant. Under enormous pressure following last year he has delivered a fine performance so far in the main. He has proved many wrong including me and I really hope he gets his promotion and redemption.

4. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

We're lucky to have Docherty who has improved with each game... 6 months ago we were saying Josh Emmanuelle was a real find.... !!!... I think he would cut it in the Championship whereas Coyle...??... anyway maybe a discussion for another day..

southerntiger and Godrevy Buoy like this.
  5. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

How much do you think he's worth (big offer wise)?

6. Godrevy Buoy

Godrevy Buoy Well-Known Member

I think Emmanuelle will still be a player for us in the future. He was so good he must be the unluckiest player in the league. I am sure he will come good either with us or another club if he decides to move on.

TIGERSCAVE likes this.
  7. The Omega Man

I haven’t a clue on his worth. But we will need to self finance a season in the Championship and that will mean player sales. Would 5m be a big offer? 8? 10?
    There is a balance that needs to be found. How much would we get now for him compared to this time next season?

Personally, I can’t see him wanting out.

Malik may be the one to go, but KLP will be the headliner if he goes.

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  8. jhe10

jhe10 Well-Known Member

Emmanuel was excellent earlier in the season, but Coyle has been a step up since he came in. He's a much better defender, a leader and a motivator, and I'd even say he gives us more going forward. Emmanuel was a good overlapping fullback at this level, but Coyle provides an extra midfielder when he goes forward. Coyle's lack of real pace will challenge him more in the Championship, but I think he'll be at least as good as Lichaj.

9. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

You would hope there is someone close to KLP who says to him it's not all about $$$.

Chris Chilton (&Waggy) got one promo medal in his long and prolific career.

KLP all being well will get the same this season.

If he'd listened to his leech of an agent, he'd be rotting in the reserves now at some also ran Championship club- with no silverware.

10. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

If Brentford were interested I think much would depend on whether or not they go up.It's a hell of a big leap of faith to think he can make an impact in the top flight.

I would think a bid in the region of £5 million would be a big sum and one that would test the Club.

11. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Docherty is worth as much, if not more then we got for Sam Clucas. And he's worth a lot more to Hull City. KLP is a long way from the finished article yet, but he is certainly worth a gamble. £5m would be an insult. I also don't think Brentford would be a good move for him, his agent obviously thinks so because he tried to sell KLP to them when he was dithering about signing his contract with City.
    One good season in the Championship with ten or more goals under his belt playing for Hull City and KLP will be worth as much, if not more then we got for Jarrod Bowen.
    Both are huge players for us next season. A 'not for sale' poster should be plastered all over the pair of them.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  12. The Omega Man

I sort of agree with £5m being a test.

I have a feeling that the club/owners have a different view of next season if we go up.

There is no money in being a Championship club unless you can trade players out.

We will always have to be in the business of football. Building values in players, it was this that Steve Bruce sold to the Allams. It has been a model that Southampton had for years. No glory, just build player contract values and sell them on for a profit.

The problem is that along the way we got it wrong too many times and right not enough.

13. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

KLP needs to prove himself in the champ before we can ask for any kind of decent money for him, all the teams that have watched him this season are waiting to see how he does when/if he steps up to the champ

14. 1MoreAgain

1MoreAgain Well-Known Member

They are interested and it is a serious interest, value wise what someone will pay I don't have a Scooby but I know this as I have watched my son do breakdown on the games and it has been a number of games.

Whether he wanted to leave is another matter.

15. Arnold_Lane_HCFC

Arnold_Lane_HCFC Well-Known Member

Absolutely this.
    Them two are part of a strong youthful spine (incl Ingram & Greaves) to develop and build on, not rip apart for filthy lucre.

CANADATIGER likes this.
  16. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Is Max Clark still here? Or is Terry keeping him strained on the leash for next year?

17. HGS66

HGS66 Well-Known Member

18. jhe10

jhe10 Well-Known Member

Yes. Officials got several other decisions wrong on a day when they mostly seemed to be operating via guesswork. Their equaliser should gave stood, Elder played Vassell onside. Our disallowed goal might have stood, but I really don't know what the rules are now. Magennis was offside, but didn't touch the ball, but tried to touch the ball. Offside? Dunno. Finally KLP's shot was blocked by an arm away from the body in the second half, so a pen would have been justified.

19. mazzer

mazzer Well-Known Member

When you see this picture you realise what a tremendous and brave headed goal this was by KLP

20. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member