1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Ipswich Town

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

do it a bit early. I'll be rough tomorrow.

Mcgregor

Tomori Dawson Mazuch Clark

Bowen Meyler Stewart Larsson
    Growshitski

Diomande

Growshitski free role to cause havoc. No defensive duties.
    Mazuch in to add some steel to a weak as piss defence.
    That midfield should and needs to dominate and cover the back four.

If he plays hector, henriksen and Aina then I think he'll get the sack if we get a drubbing.
    Happy to be wrong and they all have stormer but I can't see it.

City 3-1.

Match facts
    • Hull City have won seven of their last nine matches against Ipswich in all competitions, drawing the other two.
    • The Tractor Boys have only won one of their 17 away trips to Hull (D5 L11), winning 5-2 in March 2007.
    • Since his league debut in February, Kamil Grosicki has been involved in 12 goals for Hull City (five goals, seven assists), four more than any other player.
    • Mick McCarthy has never won a league match at the KCOM Stadium in four previous attempts (D1 L3).
    • The Tigers have not lost three consecutive home league games outside of the Premier League since November 2010.
    • Hull's first eight home league matches this season have seen 35 goals scored (21 scored, 14 conceded), the most in Hull's first eight home games of a season since 1965-66 at Boothferry Park (35).

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    Stockholm Tiger likes this.
  2. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

We could lose 5 -0 tomorrow and this manager will stay though he should have gone weeks ago.
    I'd probably put Tomori with Mazuch meaning Aina starts at right back though not through choice just because we don't have any other options.

3. Chazz Rheinhold

Nice piece on the club website. I liked dale roberts. Good player. No pace let him down.

We profile three players who played for both the Tigers and Saturday’s opponents Ipswich Town during their careers…

Nicky Forster
    When Nicky Forster led the Ipswich Town attack during the Tigers’ visit to Portman Road in August 2006 it turned out to be the last of his league appearances for the Tractor Boys before a £250,000 switch to the KCOM Stadium.

The well-travelled marksmen, who had previously played for Gillingham, Birmingham City and Reading, spent just one year on the books at Portman Road, scoring eight goals in 25 games.

Forster continued to be amongst the goals in black and amber, finding the back of the net on six occasions in his 37 appearances as the Tigers struggled at the foot of the Championship. His efforts deserved more but his constant hard work and endeavour did much to retain the Tigers’ Championship status that season.

Forster’s contribution to the cause that season was recognised by being voted runner-up in the club’s Player of the Year awards. However, having gained many admirers in his short spell in East Yorkshire, he returned home to his family in Sussex with a move to Brighton & Hove Albion in June 2007.

please log in to view this image

Dale Roberts
    Supporters of Hull City and Ipswich Town were united in grief in February 2003 when Dale Roberts succumbed in his brave battle against cancer. He was just 46 at the time.

A proud Geordie, centre-back Roberts received a good footballing education during his apprenticeship at Portman Road, coming at a time when the Suffolk outfit were enjoying one of their most successful spells. His appearances in an Ipswich shirt were limited to just 18 league outings, though, due to a combination of well-established experienced defenders as competition and horrific injuries.

Roberts became one of Mike Smith’s first signings during his Boothferry Park tenure in February 1980, a move which allowed him to rekindle a career that as threatening to expire in its infancy.

It was an opportunity that he did not allow to pass by and he commanded a regular spot in the Tigers’ defensive ranks during his five-year spell at the club. His leadership skills and fine character came to the fore as City suffered the double blow of relegation to Division Four and receivership before the rise back up to the Second Division.

He chalked up over 150 appearances, a number that would have been much, much higher had it not been for more injury disappointment, before a serious pelvic ended his senior career in 1985. Having developed a coaching career, which began at Boothferry Park under Colin Appleton, Roberts returned to Portman Road in 1995 as assistant to his good friend George Burley and remained on the coaching staff at Portman Road until his sad death.

please log in to view this image

Mark NobleMark Noble – presently a feature of West Ham United’s midfield line-up – gained vital first-team experience during loan spells at the KCOM Stadium and Portman Road.

Now 30-years-of-age, Noble joined the Tigers as a fresh-faced 18-year-old and made his first appearance in a black and amber shirt as Peter Taylor’s side lost 1-0 away at Cardiff. He went on to make a further four appearances before a back injury brought about an early return to Upton Park.

Once recovered, Noble headed out for his next taste of first-team football when he joined Ipswich on a temporary basis in August 2006. Whilst at Portman Road, he played 13 games in the Championship and scored his first professional goal in a 2–1 home win over Coventry City in September 2006.

Since returning to West Ham, Noble has established himself as a mainstay in the Hammers’ side, racking up over 400 appearances and 47 goals in claret and blue to-date.

4. BillyBobBallbag

BillyBobBallbag Well-Known Member

What the **** is this, someone has hacked chazz's account

5. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I also hope he goes with Mazuch with Dawson, but chances are he will stick Hector. Also I would like to give Dio ago, but he will probably go with Dicko.

Can see a draw for this one.

6. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I’d be happy with Chazz’s team, although I still expect Aina to play instead

7. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

8. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Sign of the times when this is only the 8th message on a match day thread, given it`s the day of the game. Oh how the Allam disease is infecting the fans !!!

I want to see us come out and fight for the shirt, I want us to go at them from the off, I want us to show a team spirit even if we concede first, I want us to play for 90 minutes, sadly what I want and what I expect are two totally different things. Time for Mr Slutsky to stop looking at his toes and show some metal on the touchline, pick a team to go out and compete, and have the will to win every challenge.

Going for nervy victory, 2-1 will do to get us going again. Just can`t see a clean sheet i`m afraid.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    newlandcasual and Howden Tigress like this.
  9. TigerMarv

TigerMarv Well-Known Member

Heart say 2-1
    Gut says 1-4
    Head says do I really care anymore

ImperialTiger likes this.
  10. Chazz Rheinhold

Of course you ****ing do.
    Olm posts loads of stuff about charlton fans Portsmouth fans etc etc fighting for their clubs and it gets tonnes of likes.
    Hull city fans give up and walk away.
    I just don't get it

Red top reader likes this.

11. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

4 nowt to us.

Nothing more, nothing less.

In Slutsky we trust.

You Ull.

Red top reader likes this.
  12. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Regulation 2 nil to the Tractor boys I'd say

13. TigerMarv

You're right I do otherwise I wouldn't waste my time looking on the match day thread. I just don't have the enthusiasm for football that i use to anymore and i mainly put that down to the All

14. TigerMarv

Down to the Allams not the All. Bloody phone

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  15. Ullofaman

Ullofaman Well-Known Member

This thread is becoming poetic
    Even though our team seems pathetic
    Through bad times of yore
    The Tiger did roar.
    But alas - no more no more.

Who does one blame
    Now the good times are gone?
    The mediocre players?
    The stay away fans?
    The parking lot attendant?
    Certainly not the...........?

16. Chazz Rheinhold

Match threads?

17. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Are all these other clubs fans in unison against the owners though ???

18. Chazz Rheinhold

Fans protesting in the kcom have had an impact. You leaving hasn't.

19. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

Because you've always been nothing but supportive when there's been a march on or some other protest action.

One minute your laughing and sneering at people who do act and the next you're having a go at people who have become disillusioned for not doing anything.

20. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

1-3 loss.

Allams out.

Geo10 likes this.