1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Millwall

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Apr 8, 2023.

?

City win?

1. City win

2. Draw

3. Millwall

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Has it moved location yet? Goalposts and all?
    All depends on the prevailing wind direction and speed...Coriolis and all that !

TwoWrights likes this.
  2. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Their keeper, George Long, has been getting some grief on a Wall Utube site. TBH I thought he could have done better, all keepers can do better, but it did come at speed, with accuracy and through a sea of legs...Thankfully.

3. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

It's this. There were 1-2 voices from East Stand, the usual foghorns, but nothing to cause a swap. Rosie just wanted to get in his ear.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  4. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

And not give him a gun on the hour mark.

5. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Not sure he was ever looking as good on the ball as Traore. He was certainly decent, and I think he still usually is decent, but I don't think we've ever seen anything special from him and if it's true we're paying him any sort of decent wage I can't imagine that we'd have any interest in continuing to do so.

6. Sumatran_Tiger

Sumatran_Tiger Well-Known Member

People who live in glasshouses...
    Pot calling the kettle black etc

7. TinpotTiger

TinpotTiger Well-Known Member

Tweaked it from leaving one on Pelkas though. The daft bastard, serves him right:

8. Anal Frank Fingers

Anal Frank Fingers Well-Known Member

My memory from early season was that his pace and control just left the defenders for dead, but he was totally incapable of scoring, to a point where you'd rather a move didn't involve him having a shot.

9. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

10. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

Good photos of Brighton fans and others in Europe supporting us a while back.

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

12. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Good players, Traore being one of them, use defenders and their own players to un-sight the keeper, so the keeper sees the ball late.

PLT, rovertiger and Ron Burguvdy like this.
  13. Ehab's Member

Ehab's Member Well-Known Member

Regretfully I have to agree. Forgetting the fact that we nicked a win, our whole game plan seemed to be the back five (six with Darlow) doing pass, pass, pass, pass.... hoof!, lose the ball and defend again. Rinse and repeat. I know we're short of forwards but surely we have players skilful enough to retain possession and construct a meaningful passage of attacking play.

Tigerboy98 likes this.
  14. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

I must be one of the few that was surprised to see Pelkas hooked at half time. Thought he played a good game up to that point. Did well dropping back and linking up play.

I try not to be harsh to Ebiowei because of his age, but the one moment that annoyed me more than all others yesterday was when Coyle played a cross field ball to him under pressure that he didn't pursue, stood back off, then it bounces over him and goes out for a throw in our own half... What was that about?

15. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

I recall seeing Coyle having a word with someone in 1st half, must of been Malcolm..i wonder if it contained the words...'look interested'. Clearly a talent, but doesn't have the application to show it or the interest.. That's a shame...

16. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

If this win had been under Shota people would have said we were just lucky and it didn't really count. Millwall were just terrible at finishing, they got into enough dangerous areas. They are just another of those teams we've played (like Cardiff and QPR) who are just rubbish at scoring now. Nice to see Traore score his first goal though (the guy Shota never got to see play).

I feel a bit sorry for Ingram as I don't feel Darlow most of the time does anything he couldn't have done. Darlow had some decent blocks but not that much out of the ordinary I thought. But I'm sure he's getting paid more and he's got the shirt now.

17. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

Darlow has been amazing since coming in. The odd moment where the distribution could be a bit better rather than kicking it off the field, but his saves have gained us points for certain.

Don't want to turn it into an Ingram vs Darlow discussion but I'm not so sure we'd have seen the same saves from Ingram that Darlow has made. Darlow is far more comfortable coming off his line as well, which I don't think Ingram does enough of.

18. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Darlow has flapped at a couple of cross recently and his positioning for a couple of goals has been questionable. But he is a top keeper for the championship just as Ingram is. Both keepers have gained us points this season and when you take into consideration everything, I think they are pretty much on par and either in goal for us is a great building block. If we have both next season then I don't see many teams have 2 1st choice keepers as good.

Darlow will either need to take a decent pay drop or have Newcastle pay up his deal for him to be affordable next season though.... I think best case scenario we get him back on a season loan deal

19. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Nearly ****ed it right up with that suicide ball to seri in the second half

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  20. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

He had one of those against Rotherham too.