1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Peterborough

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Oct 18, 2021.

?

City win?

1. City win

2. Draw

3. Pish Pash Posh

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Godrevy Buoy

Godrevy Buoy Well-Known Member

Everyone knows the story about three little pigs. Build your house out of straw and you are likely to get done over. It’s not rocket science and even little kids can understand that tale.

2. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

It was a better job then the one he had for the next two years when no-one wanted to employ him.

3. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

Not everyone subscribes to the belief that ‘a **** job is better than no job’. Some people would take temporary unemployment over being stressed and undervalued by their employer.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

At least he got to put his feet up and watch the useless **** who replaced him take us on the worst run in Championship history.

5. Tickton Tiger.

I will twist you that the useless **** ( your words) brought us our first league title in 55 years.
    And I'm not defending him either.
    I think it's time for a change too, but I have no personal axe to grind.

6. Tickton Tiger.

Temporary ? 2 years ? He was more valued and less stressed with City then he will have been with his previous employers who have just binned him.

7. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I agree with your last line
    I’ve never taken to mcann but the personal abuse he’s getting is it really necessary? What are we Newcastle Fans ffs

8. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Perhaps the arrogance he displays when questioned lends itself to people taking a dislike to him. If he was producing the goods on the pitch then people would suffer it, aka Nigel Pearson, but being fkn hopeless and arrogant isn't a good.mix to get people onside.

9. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Those league 1 standard players at Blackpool aren’t doing too badly are they? Didtn even know they won last night after been 2 down away at reading.
    On loan Crewe player scored and a lower league journeyman centre forward scored two.

10. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

On that note, "You're not fit to wear the shirt" being sung last night was embarrassing. I really don't think lack of effort from the players has been an issue. They don't deserve that at all.

11. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Sums up the mentality of some of our 'fans'.

Real ale tiger likes this.
  12. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Like Chris Waddle before him Josh Magennis has come to the attention of Nasa. They've tracked the ball to just north of the milkey way.

Real ale tiger likes this.
  13. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

I didn't hear that and i don't support it either. The players are giving their all.wilks could do a lot more, but the players deserve our support

Newland Tiger and Howden Tigress like this.
  14. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

One thing this City squad has that the 2019-20 squad didn’t is grit, determination and togetherness. It’s not through lack of effort; they’re just being led off a cliff by Grant and Cliff.

15. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

I doubt he needs the money enough to work under sub-optimal conditions. Besides, probably earned as much from media and external interests than we are willing to pay.

Dont get me wrong though, He'd be an improvement over what we have.

16. Mckechnie Orange

I don't see indications on the pitch he's lost the dressing room, but I do see a lack of purpose and confidence in key areas and an inability to respond to in-match events - we always seem to be on the back foot if something disrupts the way we initially set up to play.

Ive had enough now. There's no indication Grants Championship record is about to improve any tie soon and we're heading only one way unless a change is made.

17. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

They've surpassed themselves today, page 9 and 40 of the paper edition are from the Birmingham Mail. :emoticon-0100-smile

Ron Burguvdy likes this.
  18. Tickton Tiger.

Adkins had a good squad of players when he was our manager and plenty of quality loan players too. I don't class that as 'sub-optimal' conditions, what ever that means, and he also had his own back room staff. He under achieved with the players he had, and did nothing except sound positive all the time in interviews.
    We were bang average under him, but yes I would take that now.
    My point is we were going nowhere under Adkins and this was probably why the owners, if they indeed did, put a couple of get out of jail clauses in his contract.
    For those who will say he did a good job at City he hasn't repeated any of it at Charlton. Yesterdays man, move on, and don't forget he walked out.

19. thetiger1966

thetiger1966 Well-Known Member

totally agree, it's not the players that are the issue it's the coaching & the way they are being told to play by the manager. What do they do in training all week ? Obviously not shooting practice or defending set piece practice. Its not rocket science,KLP is a natural striker so play him up top with Magennis or Eaves who hold the ball up & KLP burys it. Everyone can see City can play 3-5-2 with the players we have except the manager who insists on 4-3-3 which has got City 1 win in 12 games. The other win was when we did play 3-5-2. Under McCann we are going back down to Div 1, the table does not lie as it did not the last time McCann managed in the Championship & City were relegated in 24th place!!

20. Mckechnie Orange

I think he walked due to the terms of his contract. That's what I was referring to as sub optimal and he obviously made the decision he'd rater not manage than work under the contract on offer here.