1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v QPR

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jan 26, 2023.

?

City win?

1. City win

2. Draw

3. Drama Queens

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

I would say he's definitely obtuse.

2. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

They never give us an ounce of credit, do they? They just look at the table and think they should be beating us

3. willyfog

willyfog Well-Known Member

What was all that playing about at the back for our third goal all about. If Ingram had just smashed the same ball that Seri played Connolly would have scored 5 seconds earlier :emoticon-0145-shake

4. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

A right trapezoid.

5. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

Exactly in the same way as Tom Cairney was too left footed.

End of the day he is by some way the most talented player at the club and his international pedigree shows clearly at this level. Yes he can be quiet for long spells but all attacking players are. He came in as a defensive midfielder but he looks every bit a #10 to me. Need to start playing him centrally behind Oscar and giving him a proper run of games.

You look at all the top managers in the game and they all get their best players on the pitch, not playing bit parts here and there with the odd 10-15 minute cameo. Unless his heads not in it and he wants out, or he’s not fit, there really is no excuse for him not to be in the team whilst Slater and Doc are.

Tony T Tiger and Benjo like this.
  6. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Yep, playing it out from the back worked well. Seri knew when to launch the ball and it resulted in a goal. Great to see the team developing and learning and improving.

7. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

That's not how I saw it, I thought he and Slater were our two quietest players today.

I find it interesting that you say his reputation when he signed affects how people view him now. I sort of think the same about people calling him the most talented player we have; I haven't seen him do anywhere near as much as Seri, and when you say he's our most reliable creator of goals and chances I just don't know what that's based on. I don't think he's been involved in many goals in the last few months at all has he? I'd guess Coyle has more assists than him this season, and I'd say Christie created more in the first 20 minutes today from right back than Tufan did in the game.

I don't want this to come across as a 'Tufan is ****' debate, I do like him, I don't have an issue with his work rate or fitness particularly, I just don't think he's been the standout player recently that some people have been making out. I think he's just one of several midfielders who haven't created very much for us this season.

8. Mckechnie Orange

He's navel gazing. He wouldn't mention us cos he knows he was outdone.

He's also probably looking over his shoulder.

Managers speak to their own clubs in presser, not the opposition.

Also helps if you score the first goal so they can't sit in also.

We've played the same standard today in terms of overall performance as in prior draws and defeats.

Only real difference today was in outcome due to getting our noses in front first - so when they came at us early second half they're susceptible on the counter.

Which we exploited.

Critchley is a good manager but he's not a good coaching fit for the dramas. He knows it and is ****ting himself for his job given their nosedive since Mr Loyal left for Rangers.

A lot of variation comes from that run in behind and we've looked to address that (lack of) both centrally and out wide in this window.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    PLT likes this.
  9. Mckechnie Orange

Gerrit fuurrword... !

Or perhaps turn it around on the toss and kick back towards the south again after today's captain criticised the North for essentially knowing nowt about football in the paper the other day.

That made a difference and relieved pressure on the backline and midfield in the first half and allowed them us play our game a bit more.

I'd be surprised if Seri isn't overall club captain after summer. He should be.

allowentry likes this.
  10. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

11. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

A thoroughly enjoyable watch from start to finish. Right from the get-go we went at them, and it quickly paid off with Connolly's first chance and then the goal. He is quality, his first touch is just exquisite and as I said after the Sheff U game he is a real nuisance to defenders doesn't give them a minute's peace, and he is yet to get up to full-match fitness.

There were many really good performances, Connolly, Christie, Elder to pick out a few, but Seri (The Professor) was my pick of the bunch, he is just a delight to watch. Not only his accuracy in passing but the weight of ball is always spot on, a true quality player. Also, I was surprised at his speed, he is not slow when he needs to be!

There were no poor performances, everyone played their part, Jones and McLoughlin were both very good, as were Slater and Docherty who do a lot of work not fully appreciated by some.

With Pelkas, Tetteh, Allahyar, Ebiowei to come in at some point and maybe Traore towards the end of the season, a play off place is not out of the question. A tough ask, but something to have a go for, but I would be happy with a top ten finish.

We are going in the right direction under Liam, and it is good to appreciate Acun has learnt quickly from his mistakes and do something to rectify them. Long may it continue.

12. Mckechnie Orange

Sorry mate. I thought we were in a relegation scrap with naive interfering profligate owners who'll just leave us in debt anyway after an awful summer window where we literally killed St George by signing Seri, Tufan, Pelkas, Christie, Oscar etc.. Just by selling KLP and no further investment, cos SW3, baljan and Syd say so and Chazz likes their negative posts..

It won't end well. Mark (not) my words...

13. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

It was right in front of us. Yeah, they weren’t on the same page were they. I agree he should have pulled the trigger, but everyone is allowed to make a bad decision. Thought he grafted his nuts off today, which Ros is probably happier to see than showing class but drifting in and out.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  14. Mckechnie Orange

Theres relatively few points but a lot of clubs between us and the playoffs. It's a congested league but top 10 shouldn't be outside our aspirations, given we have a clulesless naive dictator at the helm who shot his load early and handled our worst summer window ever - and only spent the KLP fee so no real investment from the owner according to some...

Well if he replaced KLP/Honeyman and only reinvests the KLP fee then finishes above 19th like last season, surely that's progress?

Is it not?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    dennisboothstash likes this.
  15. SydneyTiger14

Some people really do get off on self validation, don't they..

16. Mckechnie Orange

Some people really do continue banging a drum when the ship sailed months ago, don't they...?

tigerscanada and Cityzen like this.
  17. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

Actually I’ve just watched the highlights again, for the second goal I wonder if Tufan should have shot? We were three on one and it should have ended in the back of the onion bag, which fortunately it did. Wonder if that’s a confidence thing with Tufan? Also what a sublime touch from Connolly creating that 1 on 1 for himself before we scored. He did very similar after we were 3-0 up. MOM performance for me.

18. SydneyTiger14

Yes, you are.

You brought it up in this thread for absolutely no reason, you're either desperate for an argument or just craving validation from the masses. There's a reason I rarely respond to you anymore. Just get over yourself.

19. Mckechnie Orange

No. He shouldn't have shot. He was looking for Oscar but the ball Tufan played which the defender put in was behind Oscar. There was a man on the overlap who had an open goal and there was no other defender in sight. It was checkmate. Whether he put it in himself or otherwise.

20. Mckechnie Orange

You really ****ing love yourself don't you.

When you were wetting the bed I slept calm.

I shall continue to under this manager and ownership for the foreseeable, but I'm glad you seem to be coming around and accept you were full of **** in summer.

big vern likes this.