1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Rotherham

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Mar 27, 2023.

?

City win?

1. City

2. Rovveram

3. Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NewcastleTiger

NewcastleTiger Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to know the players stance as seasoned players like Christie have been full of praise for his approach. And it wasn’t general praise either like when the players praised Shota early doors.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  2. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

Shots lead to goals.
    So, which team won this game 2-0?
    Possession Home69%
    Away31%
    Shots
    Home27
    Away5
    Shots on Target
    Home8
    Away2
    Corners
    Home13
    Away2

TwoWrights and Howdentiger2 like this.
  3. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

If the results have no relevance then let's just play our own players and test the youth.... Of course they matter. Rosie won't get sacked for finishing 17th Vs 13th he'll get sacked ( if he does ) because Acun & Tan don't think he's the man to get us out this league. Which on the showing so far I personally don't think he can. He's done very well with us at the back, but no improvement going forward. Plus he really isn't helping himself with the football he's dishing out

4. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

No improvement? Didn't you just say yourself we've scored more goals under him than 'all out attack' Shota?

Personally I think there's a sense of entitlement and arrogance creeping in here, which may well stem from the top and Acun's comments and expectations, but the personnel we've had available have by and large been about good enough to get us to where we're looking like ultimately finishing. If Acun is going to do anything ahead of next season it's overhauling the physio and medical teams to actually keep players out on the park. He'd be looking into the training pitches and their quality. Injuries have cruelled our season far more than Liam has and it's really staggering that there's genuine discussion to the contrary.

Drew and askewshair like this.
  5. Howdentiger2

Christie is always going to be full of praise coming in the way he did. If I'm honest I'm not hearing much either way as to the players stance, he's well liked, but is a maybe to pally pally?

NewcastleTiger likes this.
  6. Howdentiger2

1 goal more... If you call that an improvement then you need to up your standards. Would you say we'd improved at the back if we'd only conceded 1 goal less?

7. SydneyTiger14

Pfft what would the players know?

8. SydneyTiger14

1 goal more with worse players available (remembering that our first choice attack was by and large fit for most of Shota's reign) is pretty good I'd say.

If we conceded one goal less at the back with Elder, Coyle, Figueiredo and Jones as our back 4, I certainly would.

9. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

More shots lead to more shots on target which should lead to more goals...So which team won this game 2-0? Of course they may have won but were their xGs better?<laugh>

Possession Home69%
    Away31%
    Shots
    Home27
    Away5
    Shots on Target
    Home8
    Away2
    Corners
    Home13
    Away2
    Fouls

TwoWrights and Howdentiger2 like this.
  10. NewcastleTiger

I’ve heard mixed from a few younger lads about his philosophy, but a few of them will be on their way out soon so might just be that clouding their judgement on it

Howdentiger2 likes this.

11. Howdentiger2

First choice attack was fit for shota's reign? I'm sure ally was out, toure was out and tetteh was out for most of shota times with us this season just to name 3 plus pelkas and sinak has lay offs and your the one saying Rosie hasn't done well going forward because he's had injuries.... But shota had a fit first choice attack (you can't have it both ways haha) shota didn't have Malcolm either.

So both managers have had to deal with Injuries up top... Hence why 1 goal more is absolutely not an improvement.

You think Rosie can take us up, I'm leaning towards he can't. Let's leave it there..... I really do hope I'm wrong btw

12. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

A lot of -'what ifs' & big buts...

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  13. SydneyTiger14

Tetteh was injured against Sheff United, Shota was sacked 2 games later. If that's 'most of Shota's time' then we're really viewing things in two completely different ways. As you say, let's leave it there.

14. Howdentiger2

If thats the case with tetteh then I was wrong, I thought it was earlier then that so sorry. But the rest still stand, both managers have had injuries at the top end.

15. SydneyTiger14

Ally was the only one injured early for Shota and we've both agreed we don't rate him. He's also been out for Rosie so it's like-for-like anyway. Shota got the best out of Oscar and Tetteh's link up, Rosie hasn't had that but has still produced goals, which was basically my point.

16. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Suppose it depends if the owner has had a large bet on the club finishing top half, then it would make sense to sack Rosey now.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  17. bradymk2

bradymk2 Well-Known Member

In rosie we trust

18. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

We attacked pretty well against Rotherham on Saturday. Missed a load of sitters.

Leicester City under Nigel Pearson is a good example of a team in a similar situation to us.

tigerrev, PLT and NewcastleTiger like this.
  19. NewcastleTiger

We are good when we play at a tempo, quick passes on the overlap completely cut Rotherham open. We just did it 3/4 times in 90 minutes. We have the quality to take risks we just don’t seem to do it consistently for the owners liking.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2023
  20. tigerrev

tigerrev Well-Known Member

Stupid of Leicester not to sack old Square Head after that poor run of results saw them blow promotion the year we went up under Bruce. Fancy sticking with a manager