1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Rotherham

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Mar 27, 2023.

?

City win?

1. City

2. Rovveram

3. Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

There were a lot of comments about how we should have beaten Rotherham, which to be fair we should have, But since our 0-0 against them, they beat West Brom and just drew away at Norwich. So maybe they are not such a bad side.

2. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

They weren't a bad side against us, it was a decent quality game with two organised sides and defences on top.

The one that gets me is Preston. They were hopeless in the first half against us, I haven't seen another side struggle to cope with our game as badly as that. It was criminal to let them off with a 0-0. When I see they're now on the verge of the top 6 it makes me think again that it really doesn't take that much to compete at the top end of this league.

3. bradymk2

bradymk2 Well-Known Member

you're right it doesn't
    burnley are obviously a class above, hence their points

and usually theres a team similar
    but play off places are generally always up for grabs

PLT likes this.
  4. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

So if it hadn’t have been for those pesky refs we’d be in the play offs now?

5. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Just a touch more consistency really. Turning a handful of draws into wins and you're suddenly comfortably top 6 despite how abject parts of our season have been.

Stockholm Tiger and PLT like this.
  6. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

We've had 7 wins and 11 draws under Rosie. If you flip those around (11 wins and 7 draws) we'd be 2 points outside the top 6 (if my maths is correct)

That's despite having Shota, and despite having a lot of things to improve.

Of those 11 draws we've had, we've deserved to win the vast majority too.

We really aren't far off

7. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

But it's all ifs buts and maybes that most teams in this league could say as well.... You could also say a fair few of those results could have been losses just as easy as saying some of the draws could have been wins etc.

Truth be told we are quite a bit away from the levels needed to get out this league and that's before you talk about consistency. At the end of the day we can say anything but the cold hard fact is we have 2 wins from 11/12 games ( sorry can't remember the exact number of the top of my head ). That's just nowhere near top 6 form. If we play exactly the same as we are now and start next season with 2 wins from 11/12, would you still think we really aren't far off?

It's not to say we can't do it, but being realistic, it's going to take a lot next season to be up there

8. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Like us in some respects. Unfashionable.

9. Shark Sports

Disagree with most of that as we aren't far away at all. Give the current squad a match fit Tufan along with Tetteh, Adama and Connolly available for most of the season and I think they'd be in the top 6 mix.

We're pretty consistent, we've just missed that little bit of quality/goalscoring edge to turn many of the draws into wins.

10. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Agree. Don't know how anyone can look at our results/performances with a weight of injuries and a terrible start to the season and think we're anything other than close to the play off picture if we can sort out squad fitness next season. We're something like 8th in the league since Rosenior came in even with those injuries so you'd think a full season with Rosie + a bit better luck with injuries + a couple of additions is comfortably enough.

11. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Hopefully you're both right and I'm wrong. Roll on next season

PLT, McGregor HU5 and SydneyTiger14 like this.
  12. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I don't think we are far away either, clearly, Liam has already got in mind what needs to be done recruitment-wise, and wants them in early. Traore is one of the missing links if we can get a ball-winning midfielder, a LB and good winger in addition to Darlow and Connolly then we will look good for next season IMO.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  13. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

A very big " IF"

14. Shark Sports

The injuries aren't bad luck either, it was down to poor management. Tetteh had no pre-season and came to the club a week before the season started yet pretty much started every game until he got injured. Traore was injured as soon as he started training, but he'd been out for a few months so why wasn't he eased in gradually? The intensity of our league is a lot greater than the Turkish league so the foreign signings should've been eased in slower.

The pre-season wasn't tough enough either, the boys weren't fit enough and leads to injuries too

15. Shark Sports

It shouldn't be as the players injured this year don't have particularly bad injury records.

When you look at the lads who have had lengthy spells out, almost all of them weren't fit enough or did not have a proper pre-season.