1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Sunderland

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Summerof69

Summerof69 Well-Known Member

Showed it on TV last night, he's like a caged animal.

2. Ullofaman

Ullofaman Well-Known Member

Very worrying - all the hallmarks of a caged animal - frustrated, locked in, no way out unless he sacrifices his reputation and low tails it back to Mother Russia for a reception of smirking schadenfreude, an ominous-looking failure on what seems to be his very own and very singular adventure into unfamiliar territory - no confidantes, no soccer sages to speak to in his native tongue, no one to shoot the breeze with, no one familiar who he knows and respects for plain talking advice and constructive criticism, grappling with communicating in a new language, watching half his original assumed team walk away before he can stamp his imprimatur, family left at home 1000s of kilometres away. The guy is currently in a Kafkaesque nightmare and his only remaining defence is just a ruse to bide time - his smiling mask that is wearing thinner with every day. His sideline behaviour is probably a reflection of how his mind is working every moment 24/7 - he looks like a man in severe crisis mode who does not have a crisis management team to help him formulate a meaningful rescue plan - his thoughts are bouncing out in all directions and all bouncing back again as there ain't nobody else there to absorb them, to clarify them, to criticise them or to enhance them. He is in a very dark cave.

Skidby Plastic, Fez, ElTigre and 2 others like this.
  3. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

There are bestselling writers who don't reach those levels of descriptive narrative, Ullofaman.

Fez and Cortez91 like this.
  4. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

Ullofaman writes romantic fiction for a living.

5. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Well in reality it didn't, just the figure they announced did.

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Jak at the game yesterday...

IMG_0242.JPG

brownbagtiger likes this.
  7. Barchullona

Does he do the ratings for atmosphere etc for FC and Rovers matches in the HDM?<laugh>

8. Dills double deckers

Dills double deckers Well-Known Member

Bit like when Ken Bates was in charge of Leeds. Put prices up to 30 quid and closed the upper tier. Difference been of course that Leeds fans deserve misery.

PLT and ElTigre like this.
  9. Barchullona

I think Bates closing the upper tier was down to winning his case against the police over the way they charged the club. Opening the upper tier became quite a costly exercise as it altered the number of police that could be billed for and thus expensive and pointless when crowds didn't necessitate it. Unfortunately if TWS carry on doing well hey may need to open it on a regular basis. Let's hope not.

Dills double deckers likes this.
  10. Dills double deckers

Dills double deckers Well-Known Member

Yeah I think you are right. I know he was asked why he did just no charge a tenner and fill the ground. His answer was he wasn't bothered as charging 30 quid got him the same return.

11. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

Yesterday has given me renewed hope. Leeds were total ****. The tables can still lie at this early stage. Although maybe not in our case.

12. Barchullona

Such is my lack of interest in football in general nowadays that I haven't seen the Championship game highlights.
    But thanks for brightening up my Sunday with that news about Leeds.

13. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

HDM player ratings - Generous with Kingsley and I'd give Tomori a 7, but the others are about right...

Allan McGregor: Two crucial saves set the stage for City to snatch a late equaliser and a point. Denied Vaughan a second late in the first half and then kept out McManaman with an even better stop in the second half. Big saves. 7

Fikayo Tomori: A home debut for the on-loan Chelsea man and acquitted himself well. An excellent covering challenge bailed out Meyler in the second half, while there was a pleasing composure to the teenager once more. 6
    Michael Dawson: City’s skipper was a steady presence at the back, doing the simple things right and ticking play along. Both in a back three and a partnership with Tomori, there was a decent contribution. Turned by McManaman for his chance. 6

Michael Hector: After a promising first month in City colours, the second is providing a test of character. Played a fine ball that almost let Aina in but a costly lapse could have been punished by Vaughan. Replaced at the break. 5

Ola Aina: A regular threat from the right flank and a fine cross almost brought an equaliser for Grosicki. Hard-working in conjunction with Bowen and he found another gear in the second half. Sunderland were unsettled by him. 7

Seb Larsson: A clear favourite of Slutsky but that trust might be eroding. A passenger in the first half but Meyler’s introduction at the break certainly helped bring an improvement. The Swede is still struggling for consistency. 5

Markus Henriksen: Not an afternoon for the Norwegian to cherish, despite starting with a burst into the box to force a save from Ruiter. Wasteful in possession and summed up City’s failings throughout a drab first half. Replaced at the break. 4

Stephen Kingsley: A first appearance at the KCOM Stadium since arriving from Swansea and guilty of not stopping the cross for Sunderland’s opening goal. Otherwise steady enough and did well to block Vaughan in the second half. 6

Jarrod Bowen: The Championship’s Young Player of the Month could not continue his hot streak as he struggled to leave a lasting mark on the contest. Always busy, even City toiled in the first half. Continues to be a key figure. 6

Kamil Grosicki: Offered very little during the first half but much more of a danger in the second half. Forced an excellent save from Ruiter with a precise header, finding a greater urgency to a previously pedestrian effort. 6

Nouha Dicko: Things are not quite working out for the striker tasked with carrying City’s goalscoring hopes. Not given a chance of note and shackled too easily by Sunderland’s defence. Looks uncomfortable as a lone front man. 5

David Meyler (for Hector 46) The inspiration for City’s point, not just in scoring the equaliser. Has to start at Reading next week. 8 (STARMAN)

Jon Toral (for Henriksen 46) Missed one headed chance on the hour mark but showed some decent touches in the number 10 role. 6

Fraizer Campbell (for Dicko 69) Did more in his cameo than Dicko did before that and helped set up Meyler’s equaliser. 6

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-city-player-ratings-after-488514

14. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

I gave Kingsley the benefit of doubt first couple of games. He will have a lot to do to prove his isn't crap!

15. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

In my opinion, the name change and all that surrounded it was worse. If anyone was going to lose interest, it was then.

But we were in the PL and doing fairly well so most people kept their interest.

Party Hull! and Chazz Rheinhold like this.
  16. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I thought Larsson was ok. Worth a six.
    Dicko 3 or 4. For me. All the slating of henriksen has let him off the hook. He was gash.

17. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

Attendance figure courtesy of Kim Jong-un...lying ****s.

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  18. brownbagtiger

brownbagtiger Well-Known Member

much as it's great to see him at the KCOM, isn't this a bit out of order from a Leicester perspective? Shouldn't he have been in Huddersfield, even if not on the bench?

19. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Campbell has to start next week. He's a better player in every aspect.

And yes I'm a member of the Campbell fan club.

20. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

I think we're struggling to get over Robertson - a massive loss. Can't we just steal him back from Klopp?