1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Watford

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Apr 20, 2023.

?

City win?

1. City

2. Draw

3. Watford

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Don't think you've watched much of Brighton this season..!

2. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

He's been out most of the season, but when he's played he's added an assist per goal per minute played on average over last season.

Thats a FACT!

3. Tigerboy98

Tigerboy98 Well-Known Member

Wish we’d try Allahyar down the middle more, let him run behind the strikers and finish the moves, doesn’t have the technical ability for the wings.

4. springtiger

springtiger Well-Known Member

I don’t watch much Premiership stuff to be honest but Brighton are one of only two or three watchable teams . I was referring to yesterdays match only , but I have seen them attack with more outcome on odd other occasions so I’ll take your word for it . I like the way they play .

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

The B&S Fanclub and Howdentiger2 like this.
  6. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Anyway, why did they show an image of Greg Doherty on the big screen after Tufan scored from the spot....Was Greg secretly instructing him where to put it? Though he was sitting on the bench at the time?

7. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

Probably pressed the wrong number - Ozan is 7 and Greg is 8

The B&S Fanclub likes this.
  8. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I think Malcolm Ebiowei is another example of how football fans become excessively polarised. His loan spell has been disappointing and a big part of that is that he seems to lack intensity in some games. He has had some good games though, I recall he was MOTM against Burnley for example, so it's not quite right to characterise him as a total failure on every level. There are times when certain other players also lack intensity but it goes unmentioned. I suspect Malcolm has work to do to convince us to go back in for him again in the summer, but it's far from inconceivable that he'll go on to have a good career at this level or higher.

DarbyDays and Ajbtiger like this.
  9. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

Thing is, what’s the point in signing him on loan for another year? He’s contracted until 2027 at Palace so it’s not like we’ll have an option to buy him. If we sign him on loan for next season, we’d just be putting time and effort into developing another team’s player.

If he had the same impact as Diallo at Sunderland between January and now, I’d go “okay, he will be useful next season, let’s try and get him for a full year” but he hasn’t. He’s done next to **** all. A couple of step-overs as he mopes about with a face like a smacked arse as if the Palace board have kidnapped his family at gunpoint and forced him to be here. Sorry, but no. As someone who works in education, Ebiowei is like a **** substitute teacher that has a miserable attitude and the kids don’t like him.

10. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

I expect and hope that LR comes out and says Malcolm has found it difficult to settle... problem is he didnt have trouble settling at Derby. I don't think he has a way out of acknowledging he dropped a boll***

11. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I was away on holiday for Burnley game, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes on to have a good career. I just don’t think it will be here, if nothing else because I don’t think he wants it to be here

12. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

I don't think he's been criticised anywhere near enough. His debut was the worst I've seen from a City player (that I can remember). I don't really care if you have an off-game, but work rate and a desire to give everything is the absolute bare minimum I ask for, and his debut was laughable in that respect. I think it's a joke that he's still part of the squad personally as he's never looked bothered and I think it sends a horrible message to the rest of the squad. He reminds me of certain players that got us relegated to L1

I agree that he's had some bright moments, he's got a **** load of ability, and he was lively against Burnley but those moments are few and far between. I think that makes it more annoying, he's got ability but he just can't be arsed.

13. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Chances of making Palace's first team in the immediate or near future... ZERO...

highpeak tiger likes this.
  14. Ajbtiger

Ajbtiger Well-Known Member

Coincidentally, Diallo at Rangers was similar to Ebowei for us. I think the stars will align for Ebowei again, it's a shame it hasn't worked out this season.

PLT likes this.
  15. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

Ebiowei is completely different to Diallo.

Ebiowei has come on loan to a manager who he's worked with before and who knows him well. He's been given far more chances than he's deserved, which is the complete opposite of what usually happens to a loan player. As loans go, the Ebiowei one represents the best chance of success given the Rosenior and Walker connection. It's why the Connolly one worked instantly because Liam knows the lad so well.

Diallo's had a massive money move to a huge club after playing very few games for Atalanta. All of a sudden, he's got a **** load of expectations on him and no doubt an insane pay rise for a young kid. He's also in a new country, with a massively different culture to Italy

16. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Of course there's a way out.

Upgrade his one way ticket back to Norwood Junction to First Class...Sorted:emoticon-0148-yes:

TwoWrights likes this.
  17. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Dialo may not have set the world on fire at Rangers, but he did score 3 in 10, which is rather more impressive than 0 in 12.

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  18. Ajbtiger

Ajbtiger Well-Known Member

Yes but my point is that he looked unenthusiastic and lazy at times yet still has a bright future in the game. I suspect Malcolm could muster a few goals in the SPL.

19. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

His ability to score in the SPL would involve him at least showing a bit of effort...

TwoWrights and rovertiger like this.
  20. Summerof69

Summerof69 Well-Known Member

You obviously never saw Andy Saville’s debut. He ran about like a headless chicken after coming on as a sub and looked like he’d never been on a football pitch before. He went on to have a decent career, albeit not at the top level but you wouldn’t have thought he’d have made it at any level based on that first appearance.