1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hull Daily Mail

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Tickton Tiger., Sep 29, 2020.

1. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Read all about it... three pensioners seen dancing in an East Hull pub at 9.00 pm last Friday night. They were videoed dancing to Baggy Trousers by Madness by another punter who was worried and scared that social distancing wasn't been observed correctly.
    Read all about it...Parkers isn't closing down after all despite the HDM saying it was last night. Yesterday is was claimed that the pub painted in the colours of Hull Fc was closing after 243 years of trading because football fans are not using it anymore and Hull Fair has been cancelled. Today the brewery said it is not closing down at all but closed for refurbishment whilst a new landlord is recruited. Today it is also popular with rugby fans according to the HDM. When it was closing yesterday it was because of football fans not using it.
    Read all about....news that Hull City have signed Regan Slater from Sheffield United has 'leaked out'
    No mention that they have yet to get the name of any of City's signings this season right. The club have not signed one of the many players bandied about in the Mail so far.
    Tomorrow............claim your free sausage roll.
    Posted in the absence of nowt on the telly and City v Grimsby being postponed.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  2. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

Wouldn't wipe my arse on the HDM

Carmine Galante. and allowentry like this.
  3. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

It's a absolute ****, click bait, poor excuse of a "newspaper"

SW3 Chelsea Tiger and Shag like this.
  4. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

The Grimsby match is (or isn’t, more accurately) next Tuesday. So you’ll have to buy another copy of the Mail next Tuesday. What a life!

5. tigers1970

tigers1970 Well-Known Member

Good call.....andrex is far better

BlackAndAmberGambler likes this.
  6. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

Most people read it on their smartphones...

7. Tickton Tiger.

I wouldn't pick it up if it was free. I have the odd peep on Hull Live to see what I am missing,

8. Qatartiger Cambridgetiger

Qatartiger Cambridgetiger Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong I don't rate the paper either but you seem to have read it back to front, why? If you don't like it don't read it.

9. Tickton Tiger.

thank you Marjorie Proops.

10. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

What's wrong with fallen leaves ? Or used bus tickets ? Obviously too young to remember the good old days.

Evington likes this.

11. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

With the **** posted on here, most people use their smartphones for the jobbie remnant removal. :emoticon-0105-wink:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  12. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

It is with out doubt the worst local rag....anywhere
    Fffffffffffact !!

Shag and tigers1970 like this.
  13. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Our local news is ****, there is absolutely nothing approaching investigative journalism to be seen and anytime something interesting happens (i.e. in the local council, with a local MP, in a local school or park) it's hushed up or the paper/BBC obfuscate to serve their own ends

14. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Has anybody tried the Hazelnut Croissants in Lidll ??
    Really nice with a cuppa .

15. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

The days of the printed newspaper and probably numbered, though maybe a small circulation will continue. Phil Buckingham saw the way things are going and has gone to what is probably the future of journalism.

16. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

Can you wipe your bottom with your smartphone Ron?

Ron Burguvdy and tigers1970 like this.
  17. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

More to be pitied than scorned? Not if you live next door obviously

Sarah Duffin fears her 'nuisance' family will be evicted by council
    The Duffins face legal proceedings by Hull City Council after antisocial behaviour complaints
    Anna Riley
    A Hull woman fears her "dysfunctional" family may be forced on to the streets by Hull City Council.

Sarah Duffin and her family, including disabled brother Matthew and mum Audrey, face legal proceedings after complaints of nuisance and antisocial behaviour at their property in Willerby Road.

But Sarah, 36, claims that the Duffin family are not intending to cause trouble to those around them and that the noise has come from the family home due to her brother's learning difficulties.

As a result of this, she feels that the Duffins are being subjected to "hate crime" as a result of council intervention.

Hull City Council said it is not seeking to evict the family and is working with partner agencies to resolve the matter.

please log in to view this image

Sarah fears she may be made homeless, along with her brother Matthew
    "Me and my family may become homeless as we have been summonsed for antisocial behaviour and noise," said Sarah.

"We argue a lot. We fight a lot. But that's not the point.

"The point is that we should not be getting called dysfunctional and being discriminated against and threatened because of the health problems that my brother suffers from.

"It is a hate crime as my brother has testicular and stomach cancer, heart problems, behavioural problems and is blind and has learning difficulties."

She added: "There have been these complaints about noise and antisocial behaviour, but no one knows what its like living with an adult with long-life brain damage.

"We are just trying our best to get by but now my family are living in fear of having no where to live.

"It's making me and my family think about selling everything in my home, and my greenhouse and shed, just to get money to move.

Sarah Duffin says that she and her family are victims of 'hate crime' (Image: Katie Pugh)
    "I'm still looking for any jobs and getting turned down even for cleaning, but I am trying to stick to my CBT therapy and gardening."

Sarah has been searching for a job since she left school with no qualifications 20 years ago and remains on the dole despite applying for 65 jobs in a single day.

Even though Sarah has attended many courses, she claims that she cannot find work because she has no practical experience, despite sending off hundreds of job applications each week.

The lack of a job plus the latest problems with the council has worsened her anxiety and she has previously felt suicidal about her situation.

The desperate jobseeker, whose dream job is "selling jam and curds by the roadside", previously told Hull Live that she just wants to be "given a chance".

"Ideally I want to work in catering. I'd love a job selling jams and curds either by the roadside or from the market with the fresh produce I could grow in my greenhouse," she said previously.

Sarah with brother Matthew Duffin, who is disabled (Image: Katie Pugh)
    "But I really will do anything, but keep getting knock back after knock back."

"I've done courses on employability skills, health and safety, catering and food hygiene, English, maths, IT and I've done so many different types of volunteering, including at charity shops, but none of it has got me anywhere.

"It's so disheartening and I don't know what I'd do without my mum as she is my rock and otherwise I'd just give in.

"It's boring and I get p***ed off and fed up of being home all day but I do my best to help my mum, who is 64 and a carer for my older brother.

"I don't know what else I can do if anyone out there could give me a job I wouldn't hesitate to accept it."

Hull City Council confirmed that legal proceedings have started against the Duffin family, but that they will not be evicted.

A spokeswoman for the authority said: "Hull City Council has commenced legal proceedings following complaints of nuisance and antisocial behaviour at a property in Willerby Road.

"Eviction of the tenant and their family is not being sought and the council continues to work with its partner agencies to resolve the matter.

"As the proceedings are ongoing, the council is unable to comment further."

18. spesupersydera

spesupersydera Well-Known Member

"It's not our fault" - the motto for the millenium. Poor neighbours.

Shag and Howdentiger2 like this.
  19. originalminority

originalminority Well-Known Member

2 hours ago on Hull Live's facebook

"tag someone who would demolish a McGherkins"

20. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Zola Budd has changed a bit...