1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hull Match

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Fulham COYW, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Lee Mason is the man in the middle this week.

By coincidences we've done well when he has refereed us in the last couple of years. This season he took charge of the Palace away game and the Norwich FA Cup home Replay. Last year he did the last game of the season away to Swansea and a 2-1 Home victory against Newcastle.

I'll take anything at the moment as good sign.

2. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Well, the statistics when he’s been refereeing us do seem to be getting better in recent seasons. Since he started in 2006/07 they’re not so brilliant though; 7 wins out of 17 games with him in the middle.

You could say his highlight was when he sent off Jamie Carragher for blocking Bobby Zamora in the game we beat Liverpool 3-1 in season 2009/10.

please log in to view this image

Link to pic:http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/11/03/article-1224886-0708A5AD000005DC-133_468x454.jpg

Although there’s something to be said for the ‘V’ sign Chris Baird gave him in the corresponding fixture the next season which we lost 5-2.

3. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Thanks for the dampener !

I remember those Liverpool games very well. We were 1 nil down before I'd sat down at the 5-2 loss. The 3-1 win though is what supporting Fulham is all about. I loved it.

4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

The 3-1 against Liverpool was meant to be my eldest's first game, but I couldn't get tickets. It would have been the perfect start for him! He had to make do with a tense 1-1 draw against Bolton a month later.

5. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Another thing about Mr Mason. He heads up the North West referee mafia (of whom there are 6) and shakes hands across the Pennines to their Yorkshire brotherhood (of whom there are 5). He's known also to regularly visit the West Midlands cohort (of whom there are 4).

Collectively that's 15 of the 18 appointed officials in the premiership. Strangely there are none from the South; the other 3 are from Durham (2) and Leicester.

Just a small curiosity observation.

6. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

Wheres FM's pre match video?