1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hume contract dispute

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/spor...ation-rules-that-could-come-into-play-3305957

Personally id tell him to feck off. Money is obviously more important to him than playing for the club, otherwise he'd have jumped at the chance of signing by now, and told Johnson that he cant wait to repay the club and the fans for the very little input he gave us last season by not being available for selection.

Enough is enough now.

2. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Reading that is the first time LJ has really made me squirm with the stupid way he talks.

Don't call it raising the value of something if you then have to elaborate that it's not monetary value. You're there to talk about football. Not segue into lessons on industry waffle.

3. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

O9 didn't sign straight away, deal has to be agreed by both parties, maybe agent's looking for his quarter?

MrRAWhite, Iain and Makemstine Roger like this.
  4. Teessidemackem

Onien signed 2 weeks ago now, Humes just taking the pish. He's showing zero loyalty to me and thats not the kind of player I want here

5. Porterfield73

Porterfield73 Well-Known Member

If you appoint an agent it's his job to get you the best deal available, they have no loyalty, but they do have a job to do. Maybe his agent has found him a better deal, and he's waiting for SAFC to come back to him to match it. SAFC in turn could be looking around to see if they can get better value for money than paying up, all these things take time, and sometimes its out of everyone's hands while the cogs turn, especially if players, agents, managers, etc are on holiday. Hopefully we'll find out soon, but we've traditionally been a club that drags it's heel over anything transfer related, so were hardly in a position to complain when others do the same.

6. Teessidemackem

Id understand him holding out and wanting a lucrative deal abit more if he'd actually contributed in some way last season. He spent most of the season getting paid money most of us can only dream of sat on his ar$e.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  7. FellTop

FellTop Well-Known Member

I read that article and think will sign. I doubt he is awash with offers, particularly if the clubs dont know what the fee is. We know he has potential but I doubt top end championship clubs are knocking his door down.

Young Ted and Makemstine Roger like this.
  8. Teessidemackem

Yes i agree with what you are saying about agents and what their job is.
    Thats my point. Hume should be the one telling him to forget about trying to gain a few more quid and get the deal done here so he can further his career with us. The fact he is not doing that so close to the season, and fecking up our pre season preparations makes me think we should just pull the plug now

9. Teessidemackem

Apparently he's requested a young female physio as part of his new contract and we're haggling with him over it.

10. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

sign or walk, he has not proved he is worth a lucrative contract yet, aye he got first team football but never looked the same after his injury, i would not be offering him too much at present if i am honest, another season to prove he can make the step and show he is worth more money or no deal i say

11. rb92

rb92 Well-Known Member

He’s a Sunderland supporter is he not? I’m not saying that he should sign any old contract and he has a responsibility to try and get the best deal he possibly can but this is getting ridiculous now. It makes you wonder what the agent is saying to the player.

I’d rather he stayed as I like to see local lads representing the club, but it wouldn’t be the end of the world if he left. He’s certainly never set League 1 alight and he needs to improve massively defensively.

samwise_new and My Left Foot like this.
  12. young2077

young2077 Well-Known Member

I didn't know we were due compensation if he went elsewhere. That has to have a significant impact on the number of clubs interested.

FellTop and Robertson like this.
  13. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

For me it's pretty simple.

If you want to be here and belive in youself, then sign the contract knowing your performances will warrant a new contract next summer.

If you don't then don't let the door hit you on the way out

samwise_new and Teessidemackem like this.
  14. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

Not so much an "update" as a re-hash of stuff we already know about Hume's situation. I reckon he will sign AFTER the start of the season and will spend the first couple of months "catching up" before getting injured in an u23 game and missing most the season

Oldsandy and DH4 like this.
  15. Scootsie

Scootsie Well-Known Member

Players like O’Nien taking their time to sign is understandable, but Hume has contributed next to **** all for us.

I honestly couldn’t care less if he goes elsewhere.

rb92 likes this.
  16. Hawyatt Earp

Hawyatt Earp Well-Known Member

maybe there’s a genuine reason for the delay mate…

Southern A and Porterfield73 like this.
  17. Chip

Chip Well-Known Member

Think he’s crap anyway.

18. Pablo

Pablo Well-Known Member

He talks absolute ****e, no wonder the players look like they’ve never played together before.They probably don’t have a clue what he’s talking about half the time. On the Hume situation, he can do one as far as I’m concerned. Hopefully he joins Wyke at Wigan.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    David Robertson likes this.
  19. Scootsie

Scootsie Well-Known Member

what’s the crack like?

20. Iain

Iain Well-Known Member

I heard the same comments about 09, how he was talking to other clubs and wasn't committed to the club so we should tell him to **** off, then he's signs and he's great again.
    How does anyone know what the hold up is with Hume, for all we know it could be length of contract, it could be different clauses if we don't go up, the fact is none of us know.
    Yes he may not have signed a new contract be he also hasn't signed for anyone else

FellTop and Blond Bombshell like this.