1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hume contract dispute

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Absolute head scratcher all of this.

Ad I’ve said throughout wasn’t concerned if he stayed or if he went as there’s only been flashes of a footballer, but it’s positive to have more bodies and cover I guess.

The head scratch bit is what the delay was that has damaged his stock with some fans. I’m really not sure what his agent had advised him as he’s had nowhere near enough good games to make 2 club come looking, even without the injury record.

Hopefully he can get his head down now and kick in, he’s gonna struggle for games even when fit unless he takes that next step.

Re previous comments, I don’t think anyone said he was ****e, more that it’s only been fleeting glimpses and that he’s not shown himself to be owt special yet. He’s a local lad so I’d love to see it personally, I simply haven’t to this point.

2. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

He's 12 months behind on his development now since then Unfortunately due to lack of game time over the last year. Its up to him now to dig in and get himself back on the same track as he could have been. He probably would be in the Championship now and we'd have also benefited massively aswell if he'd have actually played last season and matured as a player.

3. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

It would have been nice to see him looking happy about it but hey ho.

Good player with potential as I've always said and he's at the right place to get his weaknesses sorted out.

NC Sanddancer and Robertson like this.
  4. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Personally I'm pleased he has signed, he will find it harder to break into the first team now, but if, and when the opportunity comes along, I hope he takes it with both hands and make s a few people eat their words. Welcome back Denver and good luck.

5. Teessidemackem

That picture of him looks like my ex wife did whenever she had to have her photo taken with me <laugh>.

SAFCDRUM, Riever, Sunderpitt and 5 others like this.
  6. Mackem74

Mackem74 Well-Known Member

Like most footballers on the planet.

Robertson, Sunderpitt and ROKER PARK like this.
  7. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I t
    I think that would stand with anybody having there photo taken with you.<laugh> If that’s you in your avatar.

8. Teessidemackem

Exactly so i dont see why i should be grateful that he's reluctantly decided to stay, especially after everything weve done for him as a club.

9. ROKER PARK

ROKER PARK Well-Known Member

Glad to have him back - for a while, he was one of our only sources of attack and excitement. Hopefully he will push on and spur Cirkin to improve as well.

Robertson and Sunderpitt like this.
  10. Sunderlad

Sunderlad Well-Known Member

Doesn't look to chuffed, is there a gun just off camera :emoticon-0136-giggl

Glad he's seen sense and re-signed!!

Robertson and Sunderpitt like this.

11. Teessidemackem

I dont think he had much choice. Its good that our squad is even stronger now though.

12. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

He is not the first, and he wont be the last, its the nature of football sadly, but he will add competition to the squad and I think with LJ's coaching we stand a good chance of benefitting from Hume finally signing, it would have been better sure, if he had taken a leaf out of O/9's book and acted earlier, but better late than never, time to move on. OaU.

Robertson and Makemstine Roger like this.
  13. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Essentially a 3 year deal with the club holding the option on the 3rd year so the club is covered.

I’ll get behind him let’s see what the new setup can do to improve him, they’ve done a great job elsewhere let’s see if they can turn him from potential to actual.

14. kingkeane

kingkeane Well-Known Member

People need to get off the lads back. He's been trying to get the best deal for him and his family. Any of us would do the same. Get behind him. Looking forward to him getting back in the squad and developing under LJ.

15. Teessidemackem

Well its a shame he looks fHumeing over signing his new contract but its nice to finally bring it all to an end and have him not sign for Ipswich or Wigan.
    A month playing for the U23s should sort him out and then we've suddenly gone from having no Leftback to potentially 3 in him, Cirkin and Huggins.
    Strength in depth is vital this season after injuries ruined us last.

16. ned_werby

ned_werby Well-Known Member

People actually moaning about how his photograph has came out? Seriously? Some of you need to have a word with yourselves :emoticon-0140-rofl:

17. Teessidemackem

After holding us to ransom it would have been nice to see that he's actually pleased its been resolved and he's staying, but hey ho thats bye the bye now

Rhinos Legend likes this.
  18. Southern A

Southern A Well-Known Member

Great news. The lad was put in a tough position this summer and I don’t think any of can judge too much based on limited info. He’s been at the club since 8 and a Sunderland lad who has shown he can contribute. Back him to the hilt.

19. Southern A

Southern A Well-Known Member

It’s a three year deal at an important stage of his career. We are at a level where these guys aren’t set for life. I think we have to accept and understand that they will sometimes want to hold out for the best possible deal. He hasn’t missed any games as a result

20. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Any fans booing him if he is selected will be contributing to derailing our promotion push. He has signed now and should be backed.