1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Hunted

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Woodyhoopleson, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Woodyhoopleson

Woodyhoopleson Well-Known Member

Anyone watching?

What would your tactic be?

2. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Over here I was not aware of this show - so another one of those realty TV shows? Is this article fair comment?

Why Channel 4's The Hunted is the biggest TV joke of the year

Show talks the talk but it's just a game show as the hunters don't have access to the real state surveillance technology, says Adam Postans

Channel 4
    please log in to view this image

We can see you: Ricky in C4's Hunted

Channel 4’s elaborate game of hide and seek finally fell apart.
    The hunters at HQ had lost all trace of fugitives Freddie and Jacqui.

Until, while searching for a completely different team attempting to stay on the run for 28 days, the show’s Cagney & Lacey, Thorn and Brook, stumbled on the pair’s hideout, in a Caister-on-Sea caravan park in Norfolk. Completely by chance.

Just the latest example why Hunted is the biggest TV joke of the year.
    It talks the talk, claiming it’s a social experiment exploring the balance between privacy and security.

Channel 4
    please log in to view this image

Lousy lot: Hunters Peter, Brett and Ben

Strip everything back, though, and it’s just a game show, an updated version of ITV’s Interceptor.
    And it’s inherently flawed for one MAHOOSIVE reason.

About half of what it says is happening actually isn’t, from its disclaimer: “For the purposes of this series, some powers of state have been replicated, including
    CCTV and ANPR (automatic number plate recognition).”

Now, that’s pretty vague. Replicated how, exactly? They don’t say. But clearly the elite investigators aren’t allowed to use those two key surveillance weapons they seem to be relying on so heavily to follow the fugitives. It means you question everything you see.

Narrator: “HQ have obtained CCTV from the premises. (They haven’t.)
    “It gives them the registration of Ricky’s car. (It doesn’t.)
    “The hunters can track it using a network of ANPR cameras.” (They can’t.)

So how in the name of
    Edward Snowden are they finding them?
    Until
    Channel 4 comes clean, I can only presume the cameraman shadowing each contestant is texting in their movements.
    And if they could have been conceivably captured on
    CCTV? Holy moly, out comes HQ’s secret-service lingo. “We can disrupt Ricky’s network.” (Text his mates.)

Show talks the talk but it's just a game show as the hunters don't have access to the real state surveillance technology, says Adam Postans

The Live Event you are trying to watch is either unavailable or has not started Please refresh this page in your browser to reload this live event video

“Vehicle spotted on Alpha-12.” (The A12 in Romford.)

“The cyber analysts have infiltrated Stephen’s social media.” (Searched Twitter.) “We’ve got eyeball on the bus.” (Looking at a bus.)
    But the hunted aren’t enemies of the state. They’re plumbers, teaching assistants and IT managers, which makes all the spooks-speak ludicrous.

The hunters, while experts in real life, also appear lousy, catching one couple just because they got bored hiding in Wales and met friends at Lord’s for the cricket.

Still, only a handful remain at large, including Martin Cole who fled his Walsall house with the mental checklist: “Whisky, chocolate orange, that’ll do,” and his mate

Stephen Hardiker.
    Married dad Hardiker said: “I came looking for adventure. I felt there was something missing in my life. The truth is the adventure’s at home, not this.
    “If anything has come out of this, it’s that. And that I don’t like cheese. I’m sick of eating cheese.”
    So, it was all worth it after all, C4.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-reviews/channel-4s-hunted-biggest-tv-6610271

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunted_(2015_TV_series)

3. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

Any relation to qprted?

4. WalsallHoop

WalsallHoop Active Member

Another tv "spectacle" worth watching over weekend was Harry Redknapp on the chase, (ITV) wont spoil it but worth downloading for his round of questions!!

5. KentGaz

KentGaz Well-Known Member

Without giving anything away question 1 was a money question coincidence?????

6. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I'm amazed at how many of them make basic mistakes like phoning home or phoning a contact that the hunters could be aware of.

I'm not sure what the rules are, but I presume that you have to keep moving and try to make a certain amount of contact with loved ones or use a network of contacts. Otherwise you could just sit in a field, in a tent for 28 days.

I'd plan to meet contacts that I have no obvious connection to and arrange "dead-drops" for them to leave me money. They'd need to carry out anti-surveillance techniques whilst carrying out the dead-drops.
    I'd then try to stay rural, camping or try to use houses that aren't obviously connected to me.
    Never use cars that can be traced to you or a contact of yours.

I enjoy the show, especially the house-husband who is really starting to piss the hunters off!

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  7. Woodyhoopleson

Woodyhoopleson Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's doing well. His lack of an obvious circle of friends is helping him. There must be rules that they have to follow, to make good TV of it, otherwise you could sit in a box in the loft, or stay 10 doors down with that neighbour whose name you can't remember.

Pre-planning and burner phones would be a must, go fishing and eat over a camp fire. Or get filthy and live on the streets of London.

8. rangercol

The only problem with London or any City is the amount of CCTV.

9. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

It's quite tricky to remain incognito with a camera crew following you.

I enjoyed the woman jumping into the canal.

10. rangercol

It's only one camera person per fugitive but you're right.
    My only fear is that the whole thing is set up.
    Hope not!

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I haven't watched this. I like the idea, but according to the link posted above the whole thing is a set up. Plus I am doubtful that the police and security services would allow real access to surveillance technology for a TV programme. Banks would probably give access to their data in return for money....or a packet of crisps.

12. rangercol

The link is a year old and pertains to the previous series.
    However, it does raise some interesting questions.
    Some of the powers of state ARE replicated. But HOW!

13. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

I think the guy that follows them around must tip off the hunters. I reckon there must be more than one with them because you often get footage following the car that's picked them up when the fugitives hitch, plus what happens when two fugitives split up, as often occurs?

14. MKRanger71

MKRanger71 Active Member

It's a complete load of rubbish! I caught part of an episode where the hunted were in restaurant and were found but instead of just going in and saying got ya - the hunters went in asked if any tables then walked out to surveil the people!!- this allowed hunted to then go 'oh no there are hunters lets go out back door' followed by hunters melt down of 'they got away' shock horror!
    What a complete load of tosh!