1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I agree with Schumacher !!!

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by ErnieBecclestone, Apr 23, 2012.

1. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

F1 should not be too fan-biased though, some pure fans don't just like to watch the crashing and the numerous overtakes. That is not F1. That is not why fans like me watch F1.

2. ErnieBecclestone

ErnieBecclestone Well-Known Member

"There was no overtaking. We know that the majority of fans like to see overtaking."

So we contrived a tyre that gives the so called 'fans' overtaking, no matter how artificial and meaningless it my be.

3. genjigonzales

genjigonzales Active Member

To be fair, though, you're a Schumacher fanboy rather than a F1 fan. You very rarely make a comment on anything that isn't directly related to Schumacher. On/off throttle switches and refuelling sprints is not F1 - they're just what you would like to see because they're the only conditions under which Schumacher has any hope of getting consistent decent results. Fortunately, F1 doesn't revolve around Schumacher any more and the odds are no longer stacked in his favour.

4. genjigonzales

All tyre constructions are artificial.

5. EternalMSC

What the **** is your problem with me? Eh?
    I am having a debate and putting my points across, I have not attacked you personally as you have here. Why have you turned sour all of a sudden?
    Plenty of forum users here are fans of drivers obviously, you don't like Schumacher, so you don't like me? Get a grip.

6. genjigonzales

Most people here have opinions on subjects other than one single driver and don't tell the rest of us what F1 is or isn't according to a very limited perspective. You think you're one of the "pure fans" and the rest of us aren't? You think those of us who agree with what some commentators are describing are "as bad as the media"? You think I'm "showing my true colours" by criticising your idol, when I've always criticised his standards and tactics? And you think calling you a Schumacher fanboy is an unfair attack? Really? How is that an unfair assessment?

7. EternalMSC

Because I have never assessed you as a fanboy or any other derogatory remark in terms of a forum member, since you joined nearly a year ago. I have never actually said whether a user is a proper fan or not. I said the the number of overtakes in a race is not a clear representation of who is the fastest driver out there.
    It is an unfair assessment, you have no authority to call me that, everybody is on the same level on this forum and should be treated like that until the mods intervene.

8. Delete Me

Delete Me Well-Known Member

If the drivers cant cut the mustard they can always leave, nobody is forcing them to stay.

Formula 1 was never just about aggression and outright speed, rules are given out in this sport (no matter how stupid) as a challange for the team and their drivers to see who is the best outright that year. If they cant manage then they dont deserve to be in F1 and the team should get somebody who can manage the formula presented to them.

If it was about pure speed they would bring back V12 engine's with a turbocharger to boot or a fan engine! bulletproof tyres, ground effect, launch control, ride height, traction control, fully automatic gearboxes, mass dampers, ABS, flexing wings sticking out of every corner of the car and a unlimited budget to help those poor, poor drivers who cant hack it today.

Bridgestone tyres were no different to having ABS or traction control on a damn computer game.

9. ErnieBecclestone

Of course they are, but most items are designed for a useful meaningful purpose, you have previously quoted running shoes as an example comparable to the Pirelli tyre but as far as I am aware running shoes or spikes present similar if not identical performance to whoever may wear them and are not contrived to give advantage to any particular athletes style of performance.

Pirelli tyres are not fit for purpose, that is the racing of F1 cars in any serious competitive manner, four sets of tyres to complete a 200 mile race, ludicrous.

10. EternalMSC

It is not balanced though is it Silver, it has all fallen to other extreme in recent seasons. Now I could say, that as a Sebastian Vettel you are enjoying the conditions drivers are driving in. But no, I won't.
    F1 to me, is about giving 100% to everything on the car and letting them blast around the track, if the rules did change and driving did go back to the seasons of yesteryear what would happen to the drivers who can't drive at 100%, don't they deserve to be in F1?

A Balance is needed.

11. ErnieBecclestone

Hang on Guys, lets not fall out, at least on a contentious thread I started, just because Gengi and Silver are mickey mouse F1 fans, I forgive them their sins:laugh:

12. genjigonzales

Wait - would you not describe yourself as a fanboy? You post exclusively on one subject (Schumacher) and cannot accept any criticism of him. To me that's the definition of a fanboy but if you're unhappy about me using the word then I shan't in future. I apologise.

However, please don't denigrate the opinions of others by claiming we don't know what F1 "is" because we don't agree with you and suspect the motives behind your statements. If you can't see that various factions within F1 have the odds stacked for or against them and that, since the commercial rights were wrested from the control of the governing body in 1984, the drive has been towards showcase entertainment, that doesn't mean those of us who can are wrong, or that we're lesser fans than you are.

13. EternalMSC

Well at the moment I have been called a fanboy, I will brush that off. Let's carry on debating.

EDIT: I accept your apology Genji, and yes I would agree that we are all fans on the same level here and we like and dislike certain things.
    I am a fan of Schumacher, and I wouldn't doubt for a second that the majority of users here are do not differ from backing a certain driver.
    I am enjoying this debate, so for the interests of not606F1 let's keep it together.

14. ErnieBecclestone

I too am a fanboy, at my age its a f**king compliment.

Not telling you who though !!!

15. genjigonzales

Ignoring the highly offensive and contemptibly gratuitous mickey mouse comment on the grounds that we're talking about a Disneyesque sport, I beg to differ on both points.

The Pirelli tyres are precisely identical in performance across all the teams. There is no special Schumacher-compound that no one else is allowed to use. How teams and drivers use them is down to the teams and drivers.

The Pirelli tyres are entirely fit for purpose and are delivering on the specification set out by the customer. They were asked not to be as conservative in 2012 as they were in 2011 so they brought the compounds closer together to meet the new specification.

16. EternalMSC

So they are collectively made out of feathers? lol ;)

17. Delete Me

Delete Me Well-Known Member

But this is what I cant comprehend, Formula 1 just doesn't bend the rules to favour a certain group of racers. They just didn't (well I hope they didn't) go: "you know what lads lets **** up a certain group of drivers careers for the hell of it" They concluded the Bridgestones as a form of assist and they took it away and made it harder for these so called "best drivers in the world" these guys have to bend with the regulations, not the regulations being bent around the drivers.

Just because a certain group is outspoken that they cant step up to the challenge as well as others at the moment, doesn't mean they will never reach that level. Drivers and teams adapt around the regulations that are presented to them every year, not the regulations being adapted around a group of drivers who complain, that's not fair to the majority of drivers in this series as most of them are just cracking on with it.

Like I said a few days ago, just because Schumacher says he is going 70% doesn't mean Seb or Kimi were, because as we all saw Seb was empty in the fuel tank when he crossed the line as he and his team did a better job than anybody else that weekend. So it's definitely possible to get better with these tyres and become quicker, so other drivers must do more work to help achieve this level and Schumacher must express his needs to the team, not "complaining" to the media.

Seb has won races and titles with both Bridestones and Pirelli, so I dont see a problem with this as I just consider RBR and Seb are doing a better job with the regulations compared with other teams and drivers, not just because of flexi wings or a EBD doing the job for him.

EDIT: If Seb was only going 70% he would not of ended 38 seconds in front of Mark as to those concluding that the drivers are driving under a delta time set by the team, KERS or no KERS Seb was able to pull a big gap.

18. genjigonzales

Don't you think those two comments are at odds with each other?

We have balance this year. Drivers have to push when they can and manage their position when necessary. That was always the case prior to refuelling/sprints/pit wall racing.

F1 to me is about managing the circumstances. Karting is about blasting round the track at 100%.

19. EternalMSC

Yes they do contradict each other, and you cannot have it all one way in F1 so I also agree with so driving around the track at 100% is probably never going to happen again.
    F1 is about managing the circumstances, but don't you think they have pushed the new tyre mallarky too far?

To meet both sides of the fan-base, they need to construct something that meets the requirements of the fans, but a compound that can be used over an endurance event, which F1 essentially is.

20. ErnieBecclestone

F1 at the moment is purely about managing the tyres, Karting still is, and F1 should and was about 100% racing, sadly not any more, as identified by none less than one Ayrton Senna.