1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I am BLOODY FUMING

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by WestCountrylalala, Aug 19, 2011.

1. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Never has the sentiment "where there is money there is corruption" been more relevant than it has been with PAFC over the past 12 months or so.
    Never have so many "deadlines" been pushed back or completely ignored. Never has an administator been so one-sided and short-sighted to other options. Never have a football club's fans been treated like fools and with utter contempt.

Has any other club's fans suffered the way we have in recent years? Has any football club's staff, players and manager been more loyal than ours? Has any other set of fans had so many promises given only for them to be broken. Has any other club's potential buyers only seen the club for what can be built around it?

I am angry that Brendan and Heaney are playing this game to suit themselves, I am angry that they seemingly have a plan cutting out all competitors. I am angry they are using the English language to duck and dive out of answering all reasonable questions from people who care about PAFC but most of all I am BLOODY ANGRY that Brendan is prolonging the agony of decent people, getting maximum money out of the club whilst the football side of things hangs in the balance.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Aren't Radio Cornwall suggesting that the hold up is the Football League..........if that is the case, could the reason be.......

1. Heaney and the dual ownership question.

2. Ridsdale and the fit and proper persons test.

3. Ridsdale and his business plan.

4. Waiting for the outcome next week of Ridsdale's next Cardiff Court case appearance.

So maybe it aint old heinous Heaney or Guilfoyle but the Football League waiting for the Cardiff Court to help them with a yea or nay on Ridsdale fitness to run PAFC.

3. WestCountrylalala

Forum Moderator

I hope it is the FL Plymborn, we have suffered enough but this thread is also reflecting on way back when the Japs were promising a financial bail out. We have been let down so many times that many people seem to have overlooked the things that happened before we went into administration.

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Come on Mrs Reid, you can't say you are shocked really can you. You knew this was going to happen as with every other deadline there has ever been. When something is actually announced as having happened most of us will probably be shocked then rather than now. The Administrator at the outset was all muscle and power with his pronouncements. Having been proved to be the bloke who get the sand in his face rather than Charles Atlas many times over you would think he would just shut up now and not bother to try to sound hard. The only thing he has had his way with so far is the choice of preferred bidder. Everything else has been decided by others and definately not him.

5. WestCountrylalala

Forum Moderator

Shocked? No. Pissed off? Yes. I've had enough now!

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Ooooh! You look very pink when you are angry............

7. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Calm down Mrs Reid!! yes most will agree with you. I see Truro is for sale? is that what Ginger was waiting for to finalise the deal, as he has told us all he is waiting for another deal to be done!
    It seems to me that Brenda and Risdale had this all sorted long ago, perhaps before we entered admin. We will never know the truth. It is sickening and it must get to the manager and players in some way. it does not help them. It will probably be xmas before its sorted. The administrator is the only winner in this.

8. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Its ok Jools I'm going to win the Euro Lottery tonight, so you and I will personally drive Brenda and the fiddler out of Devon ...... that will be a fate worse than death the way I drive ! I have speakers in the boot so we can stick them in there, put on repeat "Na Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye" and turn the stereo on high ..... we'll take them back up north via Cardiff and Leeds !

9. WestCountrylalala

Forum Moderator

Love it GAT, if only eh?

10. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Would be fun wouldn't it J lol

11. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You've left the heinous one out of your celebrations.......gat.......you obviously like him really don't you.......... he might chat you up for a loan to buy Argyle.

12. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

13. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Heineous doesn't even come into the equation, he'd be dumped into the green bins for re-cycling lol

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

How long would you like to keep any of your £45m then?

15. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Not long over half of it would go to Argyle, it was really sad on Tuesday up at Home Park, there were weeds growing out of the steps and some of the loudspeakers in the Devonport End didn't work

16. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Was it a Ginger weed?

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Stop worrying about what you cannot change. It is recipe for a nervous breakdown. I keep saying that supporters should concentrate on what they can do which is support. The rest is in the hands of others and whatever our opinion is we have no influence over any of it. I have become quite philisophical in my old age which given what I could be like in my earlier days is saying something. I used to go off on one at the sight of injustice until one day the penny dropped that all my rantings got me nowhere.

18. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

god knows how much the admin fees will be with guilfoyle sat out in a plush hotel for 7 months, contemplating his navel. the FL should be shot for desertion and the fa do fa. never allow your brave players to give in support them thru and thick thin, and at present it is ruddy thin, all the very best from the shrews

19. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

You MUST realise that Guilfoyle has the task fo selling something with little or no value [the football club] to someone who doesn't really want to buy it [BIL].

What leverage do you seriously think that gives him?

It's frustrating, it's worrying, but Plymborn is right I think - the biggest problem is the Football League who are giving BIL a pretext to hold the thing up.

20. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

There is someone interested in buying the club Distant, two infact, one being the Trust for a £1 and David Brent who we all know has the money and no baggage that would hinder us with the FL ... unfortunately they are both invisible to Brenda and Mr. Grimsdale !