1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I miss Nicola

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by RickieLambertsGoldenBoot, May 31, 2014.

1. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

RickieLambertsGoldenBoot Well-Known Member

As title says.

Wish we knew what was happening with our club right now, it wouldn't hurt for a player to just come out and say 'it's bollocks' would it.

Our four top players are inevitably going to leave.

Although he was a hardball chairman that upset a lot of people I would live to see NC back at the helm. TK is not giving himself a good start.

What must Markus be thinking right now!

2. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

I miss player loyalty.

3. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

RickieLambertsGoldenBoot Well-Known Member

Imagine if Rickie turned around and said 'actually it wouldn't be right for me to go...'.
    The amount of admiration and respect he would get would boom!

4. pass the football

pass the football Well-Known Member

5. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Indeed, but I'd still have him back at Saints ASAP.

6. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Without full knowledge of what happened in January and what the real reasons for his departure? Hypothetically, what if there is a giant finance hole, would you have him back?

I'm not saying yes or no to this because I just don't know enough about any conversations between him and the owner, other than he ended up leaving. It could be because he wanted to run the show on his own; it could be because we were headed to doing a Leeds. I would not want us to have been taking a financial gamble like that.

Cortese was a finance man/banker. There aren't many if those that count likes of money in a warehouse. They use money to make money and not often their own. Another word for this is gambling. Another is hedging. It maybe that KL didn't want to hedge. I just don't know enough.

7. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

I don't miss him but that is because I prefer to look forward than back. Cortese was exactly what we needed for our ascent to the Premier League, but he had to carry the owner with him. Seems that was not possible, so we move forward without him.

8. saintkitch

saintkitch Well-Known Member

If moving forward is losing you're manager and all you're best players then for me we are moving forward far to fast.

9. bonabona

bonabona Member

Depends on which loyalty you mean.....

10. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Not knowing about the financial position here, we can't really guess the extent of the problem that brought Katharina in. Could range from not enough money being made to complete financial meltdown or anything in between...my guess is somewhere in the middle. But there is no doubt we could do with Nicola here (even in a more limited role)...he would have provided the strong figure we need. He could have stayed, but it didn't suit him. At the moment, I am a bit cross with him....actually I'm a bit cross with a lot of people today, so watch it folks :)

11. Joe!

Joe! Well-Known Member

#TeamNicola

12. CBK

CBK Well-Known Member

Nothing, he's dead.

13. garysfc

garysfc Well-Known Member

Well said St.K but & it's a big BUT we've only lost one player to date & I don't think anyone would hold that against the club nor SRL. I think MoPo played us to a degree but he's ben offer £3M over 5 years = £15M even if he gets the sack ....... can't argue with that ......... so now it's squeaky bum time & it looks like Adam is 1st up. IMO £18.75M is way below what we need & LFC probably won't go much higher so we should be ok. Fingers x'd anyway.

14. Wisescummer

Wisescummer Active Member

So do Bristol Rovers fans probably...

15. He gets the ball and takes the p*ss

Cortese was great but Cortese without Marcus or A. N Other billionaire benefactor would be pointless as he had no money, or at least none he was willing to invest in the club.

16. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Well improve your aim........................

17. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

Cortese was offered the chance to stay on, but decided not to.
    He did a lot for the club, but by choosing to walk away, he has been the catalyst for all this unrest.
    MP made sure the club couldn't stabilise, after NC's departure, by delaying contract talks, that (IMO) he knew would never lead to a new contract.
    He and Cortese (NC said players still call him regularly) have possibly been advising our players to move on.
    In hindsight, it would have been better for MP to have gone, at the same time as NC, then the new manager could have come in, during February, settled the players and we could all be looking forward to watching 3,Saints players in the World Cup, instead of being where we are today - in limbo.

18. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

One point of view is that Poch should have honoured his word and left when NC went, the staying on to see the Contract through seems disingenuous now, he was just using us as a convenient stepping stone until the right deal came along, also taking the rest of the training crew with him too, isn't very fair either, did they have any choice in the matter, we will probably never know, however had he gone earlier we would have had time to consolidate with a new gaffer, we probably wouldn't have secured eighth position though, but that is now hypothetical anyway. the problem now isn't the state of fact, we don't know it. The uncertainty is creating the angst. Get the new gaffer in and at least there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

19. Wisescummer

Wisescummer Active Member

I agree, the problem is uncertainty. We don't really know what the plans of the new board are, the manager has upped and left, and the players don't know who is going and who's staying. At the moment the players would be mad to not be looking at options, as for all they know when the dust settles they could be stuck in a squad that is relegation fodder. However, the more players that consider their options the more uncertainty about players leaving. In total it's all one massive domino effect.

20. Sotonist

Sotonist Active Member

good job delaying departures until you have a plan in place then, Ms. KL.

**** me. feeble leadership