1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I missed that game - curses !

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by AberdeenSaint, Jun 2, 2012.

1. AberdeenSaint

AberdeenSaint Well-Known Member

Anyone ever missed a particular game, and regretted it ever since ? Wee GS took Saints to Aberdeen for a friendly a few days after the 2003 FA cup final - I had to go to abroad for work. Gutted. I doubt if Aberdeen and Saints will ever play each other again in my lifetime.

2. SaintsFanAlex

SaintsFanAlex Active Member

Season just gone I woke up with a splitting hangover and couldn't be assed to go catch a train to the home game against Leeds opening day off the season I guess it being on tv swayed it.

Huge mistake!

3. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Missed the 6.3 victory over ManU because I was in Florida...regretted it ever since.

4. LocutusOfBorg

LocutusOfBorg Member

I missed the 4-0 FA Cup victory over Spurs. I was short of money - nothing new! - at the time and decided to give it a miss. Could have kicked myself.

5. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Same here. I saw the 1-0 three days earlier, but just couldn't get the time to go to the 4-0. It was one or the other. I've made up for it ever since, because it was televised LIVE on the BBC, so I recorded it. Must be my most watched Saints match in recent years. I just loved the way Lawro sat on the fence in his judgement, Hansen carefully worked out we might have the measure of Spurs, and Lineker couldn't help show his disappointment [ex-Spuds, of course]. A result overall, but I was piddled off at the time.

6. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

From the start of the 76/77 season until Nov 28th 1981 I didn't miss a game home or away. Then on Nov 27th 1981 I went out and had far too many alcoholic beverages slept through the alarm and several calls from mates. Woke up at 10am having missed the coach to Liverpool and being too young to drive no way of getting there. Of course we go and win 1 - 0 with a Moran goal. Hungover and totally pissed off for days!!!

7. Lff

Lff Well-Known Member

Mick Channon's testimonial. My Mum got my ticket and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think it was only the second time she'd been, the first being when Charlie Wayman was centre forward, so late '40s I would guess.