1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I realise what i am saying....

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bumps, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

I fully understand what i am saying here
    And i have a fair idea how this may go go
    But please hear me out and take off our tribal shades...

Is there a chance utd are being penalised for fergusons sins?
    I am not commenting on any of the decisions this season but had ferguson still been at the helm would all of the decisions made against utd been given, i genuinely do not think they would have been.
    I am finding myself in the unusual position of feeling a tad sorry for moyes!! & utd!!!!!!!!!
    Are you guys not seeing more than their normal share of decisions go against them, and conversely citeh have had a lot of fortuitous decisions?
    (We have had two stonkers in our favour btw in the last two weeks, however this has not been the case all season).
    I can sort of see moyes pov with refs at the moment. Are they being treated unfairly.
    Yesterday on national TV the commentator on sky sports said as plain as day that the ref was clearly taking Suarez' reputation into account when judging fouls made on him in the first half so clearly it is accepted refs can be bias (that is why i believe we got the pen as the ref realised how much he had missed in first half)
    Were refs scared of ferguson and are now feeling it is like open season on them?

2. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

United are getting everything that they deserve - nothing! What comes around goes around end of.

As for feeling sorry for them no way!!! How lucky were they not to get 2 players sent off today?

3. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

I sort of thought it would be those kinds of responses and sort of understandable, i just wondered if it was just me thinking this way, if i goto utd board they will think i am wumming and our board will probably result in comments like yours.
    I think the problem is much bigger cause if it is happening then the refs need to be looked at.
    I have always said when i am reffing a game I can make whichever side i want to win without giving major decisions against a club win - it is so easy to do. That said rafael should have gone - still not sure on vidic

4. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They're just getting normal decisions now. It's strange for them, so they think things are biased.

5. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Do you think if ferguson had still been there then the same decisions would have been made by the ref?

6. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

No. The officials were all scared ****less of him. They're not scared of Moyes, so he gets the same decisions that any other manager will get.

7. Flappy Flanagan (JK)

Flappy Flanagan (JK) Well-Known Member

You used to blame refs in Fergies day to.

Here is why you are behind:

your squad not good enough.

Your managers not experienced enough.

8. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

We've had some terrible decisions against us against Utd during the Fergie years and I'm sure supporters of other clubs would say similar, whether the authorities made those decisions due to being afraid of Fergie or due to the intimidating atmosphere or liked Utd more than others means **** all now because its gone, but they are learning the the hard way how other clubs have felt down the years and long may it continue.

As for decisions today, not a pen and Vidic's red was correct and Raphael should have also received a red.<ok>

9. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Fair enough, but surely this acknowledges that there are differences in the refereeing standards. Not trying to argue over specific examples. Trying to see if people believe there is a bias there, and if so what can be done to stop it?

10. Page_Moss_Kopite

Well let's say you're right, that would mean(as is the fact)that Utd got a lot of undeserved points for 25 years, so why have any sympathy when Utd as a club benefitted from those decisions not just their former manager and as a club they have to take legitimate decisions now on the chin.

11. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

There was a massive bias towards Man Utd, especially at Old Trafford, as the officials knew how he could help them and what he'd do to them if they made a poor decision against Utd and they didn't win.
    Just look at the comments from Mark "Close personal friend of Alex Ferguson" Halsey and Graham Poll.
    Sorry for linking to the Fail, but:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2537016/David-Moyes-outburst-sign-hes-not-coping-pressure-hes-not-mean-influence-referees-like-Fergie-did.html?ico=sport^headlines

"I would concede there was a sense of relief when United played well and won, particularly at Old Trafford.
    I knew if they didn't win there was every chance of seeing and, more importantly, hearing Ferguson and reading his comments about me in the papers the next day.
    All referees knew that Fergie's standing in the game - and the fact that he was at the biggest club - meant that when he unleashed the hairdryer on a referee there were inevitable headlines."

Horses mouth.

12. Page_Moss_Kopite

<applause>

<ok>

13. saintKlopp

I can only agree with those who have said they're now experiencing what the rest of us have had to put up with for years, and they don't understand it.

14. mighty_stevie_g

mighty_stevie_g Well-Known Member

The Ashley young penalty that was turned down against spurs actually left me gobsmacked - it was clear as day and it was Manchester United!!!

But I certainly don't feel sorry for them - how many times are we reminded about a reputation going before the decision - this must have been exactly what happened cos he is one diving ****er !

15. Hau5fly

Hau5fly Member

^This.

Just to put it out there, what do people think is the average amount of bad ref calls a premiership team receives per season??

- I reckon about 9 or 10 (roughly one sh*t, game destroying, blatantly unfair decision per 4 games)

16. DiscoRave

DiscoRave Member

While I have never bought into this idea that Man U got special treatment I was surprised at this website I have linked. I was trying to prove that Man U were in the same position as everyone else and it was a matter of perspective but this was certainly a shocker.

Penalties in the Premier League Statistics

Check out Man U compared to everyone else.

17. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

I know i used the term feeling sorry, that is probably the wrong term, i just dont think it is right, even when it is against man utd (as it is not the manager who was responsible at the helm) the referees are progressively getting worse but it is not their fault.
    You cannot go asking clubs to stop trying to con the ref as it is not going to happen, too much is at stake.
    I just end up feeling frustrated week in week out at the consistency or lack of which is shown in the football league.
    The worst of it is the prem refs are the best, ask some football league fans about decisions in the lower leagues omg!!!
    As for op general consensus is they are being treated fairly, its just me who thinks they are being picked on ;)
    And even if they were being picked on it is generally ok cause its utd :)

18. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Referees are making too many mistakes at the moment, but they're not being helped by either the authorities or the players.
    Everyone tries to deceive them constantly and they're rarely punished to any meaningful degree.
    There's no respect towards the officials and they're constantly abused by the players and managers, both on and off the pitch.
    They're being set up to fail.

19. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Good stuff Waterdude, can't say I agree but good of you to put the question out there.

20. Radio Klopp

Radio Klopp Armed & Dangerous

**** 'em.

please log in to view this image