1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I remember a comment from a bristl city fan

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by vinkel, Apr 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfy

Wolfy Well-Known Member

Why wouldn’t we include the Wigan game? It was his decision to manage it, that will never be removed from his record. It won’t be long before the fans turn imo. Lose on Tuesday and it could get nasty.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  2. vinkel

vinkel Well-Known Member

why would getting beat away to the league leaders turn things nasty.
    we have had a horrendous run of injuries all season long, no other team could have coped with that as well as we have.

3. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

I don't know, but he might mean that his negative comments will become even more negative, and nasty, which will give him more excuse to try to derail threads and spread that negativity :emoticon-0112-wonde

rowley likes this.
  4. old lads fan

old lads fan Well-Known Member

If they were PP's numbers we wouldn't have sacked the ****er.

Makemstine Roger and TopCat_ like this.
  5. Wolfy

Wolfy Well-Known Member

In what way have I derailed threads? I’m replying to the OP on the subject they’ve posted about.

6. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

My only doubt about LJ is his refusal to play or even give a chance to our academy players when the opportunity arises. This is surprising as Bristol supporters, reckon he put more energy into youth development than he did in team building . So now I wonder if he is over compensating, and has left it too late to change direction, so that now he has little choice but to keep faith in players who are at best average, at worst L2 if that. This is worrying and has hit us and him at the worst possible time . Its never dull.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    Makemstine Roger and Wolfy like this.
  7. Wolfy

Wolfy Well-Known Member

That Hawkes is banging them in for the under 23’s, surely he would be a better option than having two target men on the pitch? Parkinson got slated for not using the academy players and Diamond aside, Johnson has been exactly the same but for some reason nothing is being said.

8. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

He’s standing in for Smug<laugh>

Makemstine Roger and Wolfy like this.
  9. FellTop

FellTop Well-Known Member

He has never used a phrase I havent understood personally. He uses footballing terminology, but nothing baffling.

The Norton Cat likes this.
  10. FellTop

I dont think those figures are right for Parky mind. Cant be 29 points can it?

11. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

Correct mate. Parkinson had 23 points from 13 games but that wouldn't suit some peoples agenda.

12. FellTop

The thing for me about Johnson is he has made players better since his arrival, he has tried to create a style of play that will be entertaining to watch, and he has got us much higher up the league. He has had some rouhh cards to play as well, the covid break and an injury list that most teame wouldnt have coped with. He has also shown a willingness to bring youth players in like Diamond.

We also won a cup under him. Say what you like about it but we got it done.

So far he has only had 1 transfer window to overhaul a squad that had largely failed to achieve anything. And that was after only a few weeks in charge.

I cant think of any realistic alternatives I would have rather had. I have seen people mention Keane and Allardyce - not for me I am afraid. I want us to stick with an ambitious young manager that has a reputation for playing lovely football. He is highly thought of as a coach in the game so I reckon given time he will earn a new deal with us rather than being booted out at the first string of poor results.

13. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

You have got to be careful about listening to fans of former clubs. Some of the criticism is justified, while some is born out of bitterness. Johnson left Barnsley on the brink of going up, so there will be some bitterness from their fans. He did a reasonable job at Bristol, certainly better than the manager they currently have.

For example, if you listened to fans of Sunderland, Man United and Sociedad, Moyes is ****ing ****. West Ham and Everton fans might tell you something different.

FellTop and The Norton Cat like this.
  14. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

I tend to think that if academy players aren't making the progression to the first team, there's generally a good reason for it. I know its slightly different (although the gap is not as big as people like to make out), but in non-league I've seen a number of players who have been superstars at age group level which leads to a big clamour to get them in to the first team. More often than not, these players aren't ready for it. Players will be given a chance if and when they are good enough. It won't just be Johnson looking at this- there will be other coaches looking at their ability and development and making these decisions. Especially under the new set up.

Bank of England 2 and FellTop like this.
  15. Iain

Iain Well-Known Member

The one criticism I have about not giving a chance to the academy players is Dan Neil.
    I've said it loads of times on the few occasions I've seen him play, as a central midfielder he is the only player we have in the squad that has the vision to play that killer pass from midfield that splits the defence. He can pick the ball up in the middle of the park a play one pass that creates a goal scoring opportunity. Similar to the pass McGeady made for the winner in the cup final. Other than McGeady who doesn't play in a central role no one else is capable. So you could always argue about playing Younger or Diamond because there are other options, ( although I do think they should have been given more opportunities), surely Dan Neil has to be a better option than the non existing creative midfield we play week in week out.
    We must have one of the most stagnant , boring and unimaginative midfields possible.

16. Porterfield73

Porterfield73 Well-Known Member

Except he isn't doing that. What's your gripe here? The lads contributing to the thread, do we have opinion police on here now?

17. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

No he’s not back until May.

Wolfy and Makemstine Roger like this.
  18. sheepman

sheepman Well-Known Member

I think that's a good shout
    Wouldn't want to see him in a two in midfield but playing him in the hole ahead of a two would play to his strengths
    Mcgeady has sort of played there lately push him back wide and slot Neil in
    It's worth a try need to do something as they say if we keep doing the same things we will get the same outcomes

19. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

Apologies

23 points from 13 games

20. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

Aye. Massive typo on my part

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.