1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I think things are starting to move at last (use for rumours/updates)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by WestCountrylalala, Jun 30, 2011.

1. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

If Andy Crompton proves to be worth a shout we will at least have 3 strikers come start of the season. We have enough central MF so we really only need 1xGK (to keep Larrieu on his toes), 2XCB (hopefully players who can also play on the RB&LB areas), another L/R Winger and perhaps pull Harper-Penman out of the reserves to first team as a back up striker.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

How crazy can this takeover be,I defy anyone to write a more mad story than this............that PAFC's takeover would be investigated by Parachute Regiment Veterans............we'll have to get 42 commando to fend them off..............or should it be Roy Rogers and Trigger coming over the horizon at the gallop..........or even Tom and jerry.........you couldn't dream it up could you.

3. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

4. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Just read it all Mrs Reid, how much are the season tickets? It seems a lot of fans on Pasoti are not happy and still not buying tickets. Riddler hopes to get as near as last season 5500? Can't see that at the moment, time will tell. Interesting.

5. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It is very disappointing that the preferred bidder can get away with paying only £300.000 so late into the transaction.

Brendan Guilfoyle confirmed that the period of exclusivity had ended and we were now moving on to a final sale.

So how can the preferred bidder still owe £700.000 exclusivity money.

PAFC are surely desperate for this money to pay continual mounting bills etc

It is a fact that Heaneys phantoms firmly hold the reins on how things proceed.

How can we be sure that when the transaction is TOTALLY complete Heaneys phantoms will have no redress on the football club, other than being it's landlord.

Peter Ridsdale needs to be very strong in that area,I do feel that he will not accept any shenanigans (the irish should understand that word) from anyone.

6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Because presumably there was a schedule of payments in the agreement Plymborn and no further payments are due yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but neither Guilfoyle nor Ridsdale have said the bidders are in default and if they haven't, then nobody else even knows what's in the agreement, so they're hardly in a position to voice an opinion.

PAFC may be desperate, but if it ain't in the agreement as being due, it ain't due.

As to the rest, we don't know. Ridsdale has done his due diligence over a period of - how many months is it now? 7? 8? He's had plenty of time to decide whether what he's getting works and he's gone ahead with it. I'm not his biggest fan by a long way but I take some comfort that a shark knows another shark when it sees it and this one hasn't swum off.

7. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

8. notDistantGreen

If Ridsdale is the only shareholder [as I believe is the case] and there's no obvious proxy director representing Heaney, then it's hard to see how legally the League can do other than approve it, otherwise they cock a snook at limited company law generally.

However, this is football and strange things happen.

9. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Rumour has it that Sir Reid has 10 games to prove himself, or the Riddler has somebody waiting in the wings, and we all know who that is :steam:

10. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Do we???? I don't so who is it?

11. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

The manager who he takes with him wherever he goes

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I hate quizzes.

13. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Th way its going we wont have 10 games, is it jones

14. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Go to the top of the class Joe .... to be honest I'm just guessing its him, he seems to follow the riddler around like a lap dog

15. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

If it is Jones we will be a shoe in for the play-offs, after leading the league all season, then lose. Hey DS is right this football prediction thing is easy!!!!

16. notDistantGreen

I shall be disgusted if Reid gets the push after only 10 games after the the pile of **** he's had deposited on him.

Ridsdale's supposed to have all those football contacts so he can hardly disassociate himself from the players that are being signed.

17. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

I wouldn't be surprised, they've treated everyone else like ****!

18. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

"Argyle will have a team come kick off"........and DS esque the prophecy business is so easy. See I told you so didn't I. You read it here first. Didn't I say. Who has been the only one saying this all along. Ok enough now.

20. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

Arnason has joined Aberdeen as well. Good luck to him - after his shody treatment at the admins hands!