1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

If it was offered

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN, Dec 21, 2020.

1. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

Would Brendan take the Arsenal Job? Seems inevitable that Arteta's days are numbered and as Brendan's stock is high at a small club like ours (according to 99% of pundits) would he ! should he !

I reckon there is a good chance that the Arsenal board would come knocking

2. glynnak

glynnak Member

| think JV would put him right on that score

3. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Rodgers hasn't been shy in saying that he wants a high profile managerial position to challenge for titles and the question is if Arsenal are a better prospect for that then us.

On the past couple of seasons form, no.

4. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Prospect is the key word. In our favour is the new training ground, unconfirmed stadium expansion and the fact he signed an extended contract. I think with those factors he has the opportunity to create a legacy. if we stagnate over the next three seasons, and by that I mean remain top six, he will still have the opportunity at a bigger club. Arsenal are a much bigger prospect than us just with sheer financial pulling power. However, Rodgers will never have better owners than he does now and the risk of not getting everything his way would be a factor in any decision if offered. Unfortunately pundits such as Keys will never see us as bigger than the existing top six so Rodgers will always be advised to go.

5. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Surely not. A bigger club (generally), yes. Arsenal are bigger but they are a shambles and we are in a better place than them for the foreseeable i think.

6. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

All about timing ... and Arsenal are in freefall

7. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

It might happen sooner rather than later, given Rodgers age I reckon he'll hang around with us for at least a couple more seasons. If we continue to progress though, top 4 and ground expansion Arsenal won't be much more, if any, appealing than we are. Then if a Manchester job, a Liverpool reunion or big continental offer comes along I'd fear the worst. If that were to happen then at least we'll be in a position of strength to appoint our next manager. Things can change quickly though, a run of 3 or 4 bad results we could be mid table and someone else becomes the flavour of the month.

8. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Bear in mind also - and don’t get me wrong, I think he’s done a terrific job - we really do have one of the best squads in the league and there is a slight reputation of blowing it at the end with Liverpool and then blowing it at the end with us last year...

9. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Not if he's got any sense.

As our manager he has a talented extensive squad, with a number of players who he has the potential to develop significantly. Something we know he enjoys.
    We are consistently top 5, we've not been out of the top 5 since August 2019. A bit of luck with injuries, more development and experience for some of the team, and we could push top 4.
    We've qualified for Europe and into the last 32.
    We have owners who are sensible and committed.
    We've just unveiled a £100M state-of-the-art training facility, and have a stadium expansion likely imminent.
    Our club has an incredible spirit and ethos, it's a great club to be part of.
    We offer a position of real potential for him to absolutely shine, yes, we've raised our expectation in the last 5 years but there is less expectation, so doing well with us and his star rises and shines. A proper top club could be interested in a couple of years. I don't doubt this is his ambition, European probably.

Arsenal are an on-going Sh1te show, with a disjointed unbalanced squad with crap owners.