1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

If that was us

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bumps, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone has just seen the sending off at West Brom?
    If that was your team player being sent off what would you think, struggling myself to decide whether it was a red or not.
    Spitting is bad and whilst it was in direction of player it clearly was not at him as he would have got him from that distance had he wanted to.
    And secondly why does no player do anything that bonkers against us when we dont look like we going to get the win away from home and yes i am jealous, and no it is not Tottenhams fault or Clattenbergs i dont think<yikes>
    And are Tottenham now a one man team (tongue in cheek:) )

2. Not seen it but can you imagine the outcry had Suarez spat at someone?

3. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Why imagine with what Clattenberg just sent that guy off for he has already done it :)
    TBF it somewhere in the middle, he basically spits in disgust at the guy but really doesnt look like he was trying to hit him and then gets sent off, just waiting to see what the panel thinks
    Would have been fuming if it had against us, but probably thought it deserved if for us.

4. Coutinho's Through Ball

I don't see how it's a straight bloody red, could have been another draw for Spurs.

5. I meant the aftermath

6. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Ah yeah it would have been carnage :)

I am sure Suarez's role in the sending off will come out in the rags tormorrow,
    "Popov claims Suarez made him do it! Appeared to me in a dream he did!" :)

7. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

And quite rightly, it's a filthy thing to do. He hasn't though so it's irrelvant really.

What's not though is the West Brom player 100% deserved to get sent off because he spat at Walker. End of.

8. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

No it's not, Suarez is completely to blame for this. <ok>

9. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Wish you were a mod zingy :)
    Btw nice match thing :)

10. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This.

Spitting is clearly in the rules as a red card. You could tell from Popov's body language that he knew he'd spat at Walker and as soon as the ref came over he knew he was going to get sent off.

Had that been a Utd player I'd have been ****ing pissed off with him.

11. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Don't think I could be trusted. <laugh>

In all seriousness though... everyone wanted me as mod but I made the decision to let the less fortunate to get the honours. SO Bluff and Dev got it. <ok>

12. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Had he done it he'd have been sent off too and you guys would all be claiming that if it wasn't Suarez it wouldn't have been a red. Clarke has wisely not stuck up for Popov and I think the vast majority will agree with him and the decision.

13. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Think i agree too just seems so harsh, lets be clear totally stupid of popov to put himself in that position but spitting is not barred on the pitch, can def see how it was a red but maybe a bit of common sense should have been used as to be honest we needed T tottenham to drop points :)

14. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Whats worse is maybe the west brom will put in a big performance next game and that would be where, damnit!!!!

15. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

Deserved straight red, Clarke had no complaints. Rules are rules, good to see a referee abiding by them for a change.

16. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

You might be surprised with this but I ****ing love Suarez.

17. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies, and are more than just ice king on the cake. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.

So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality.

I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the fax, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.

18. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

I do hope you copy and pasted this <ok>

As for the spitting...red card all day...dirty twat.

19. saintKlopp

Are you the ghost of Flann O Brien?