1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ifollow question

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by TigerJools, Jan 16, 2021.

1. TigerJools

TigerJools Active Member

I'm trying to set up my TV so that I can watch City through the Internet option on my TV. We have a small LG TV and I can manage to do it on this- albeit with a picture that buffers a bit - possibly due to the router being several rooms away. We have a larger Sony TV and I can access the Hull City website in the same way but every time I try and log on to Ifollow it just takes me back to the sign in screen. Doesn't say incorrect user name or password or anything like. Do some TVs have something in them that stops you using a service like this. We normally watch the games on the computer but just wanted a slightly bigger screen and comfy seats. Thanks for any help.

2. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

I don't know about this season but last season you couldn't access tigersplayer on a smart television. If you have an HDMI cable, get the match on your laptop and connect to the big television through that. You will get sound and picture through it. You'll just have to go through your HDMI channels on the television to find it. That's what I do and it works fine.

3. FLG

FLG Well-Known Member

Same here. Casting is a bit hit and miss.

4. TigerJools

TigerJools Active Member

Unfortunately we have a tower computer which is situated in an upstairs room. You used to be able to attach your phone or tablet in the same way but Samsung have removed this option from their latest products - apparently.

5. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

We can't sign in on our Smart TV either. It is so bloody annoying. We watch through a laptop, same as Tigger.

6. allowentry

allowentry Well-Known Member

You cant watch ifollow directly from tv even if smarttv.

The only was is to cast/mirror is from your mobile or tablet or if your laptop/pc has a hdmi or vga to connect to tv that way.

7. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Jools I have a Sony Tv and it doesn’t work directly in mine either. I stream it on my laptop and collect to my TV via a hdmi cable.

8. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

A very long HDMI lead? I have a five metre one. I don't know how big they go.

I'm not being totally serious with that.

9. Citygirl

Citygirl Well-Known Member

It was like watching Buffering City instead of Hull City at times during the 2 nd half . Never have this issue with Sky go .

10. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

I had no problems at all. Sorry.

11. allowentry

allowentry Well-Known Member

Me neither, buffered once for a few seconds that was it.

12. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

I've had no problems since the Rochdale match, which was awful. I complained and got a refund for that.

13. tigers1970

tigers1970 Well-Known Member

I have a lg oled tv with built in web browser,fantastic picture,just like watching sky/BT sport.....

tigermaul likes this.
  14. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

These 2 unit gismos allow you to use your household mains wiring to connect cable internet feeds in a non-wireless way. I'd guess in the region of 20-30 quid for the package ?

https://www.smartaerials.co.uk/blog/powerline-adapters-all-you-need-to-know

This should solve the router-TV cable length problem of length required.

1) Use ethernet cable between Unit 1(lets call it transmitter) into router with unit 1 plugged into mains outlet plug on FLOOR A location.

2) Unit 2 (receiver) plugged into mains outlet near desired TV on FLOOR B location. Attach ethernet cable from Unit 2 to ethernet input into computer (desktop ,laptop machines).

3) Computer "HDMI out" to TV HDMI input via HDMI cable (length depends on a much shorter distance obviously. Use the TV remote to find the PC signal through the HDMI port.

4) I'd suggest changing your iFollow password as well. Just respond to the prompt "FORGOTTEN PASSWORD ?" on the SIGN-IN page. They'll send you an e-mail with instructions to allow you to change your password - it's simple - you just need to enter the new PW twice.

Logging in on your revised PW should allow you to get to the appropriate screen under the iFollow link on the Hull City site to access the current/next broadcast. I'm using the audio only option, I'm assuming if you have a video membership or match day pay as you go option, the above actions should solve your desire for an internet link to your big TV screen.

Note: I'm in Canada, but I'm assuming this approach should work in other territories.
    If there are problems getting audio, but seeing video ok, you might want to invest in a cheap small speaker to plug into your computer audio out jack. (20 quid region).

Good luck.

https://www.cable.co.uk/broadband/guides/powerline-networking/

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/powerline-networking/1407419/best-powerline-adapter

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  15. Sledmere Fusilier

Sledmere Fusilier Well-Known Member

I confirm works great on LG Oled

tigers1970 likes this.
  16. TigerJools

TigerJools Active Member

Hi all
    Thank you for taking the time to reply.
    Gave up on the Sony TV but managed to log onto the web browser on the LG and had a reasonable picture with minimal buffering for around 80 mins. So it seems LG TVs are the way to go. Judging by my twitter feed we were about four minutes behind. Froze altogether following Burke's sending off so we missed their equaliser- i think it was the general outpouring of angst online that slowed down our Internet
    We do have Lightstream but not the package with the fastest download speed so I suspect that would solve the issue in the long term if we upgraded.
    However, long term I hope to be back in the KC and not watching on the flipping Internet.

Thanks again for your time.
    Jools

tigers1970 and Ric Glasgow like this.
  17. tigermaul

tigermaul Well-Known Member

It also works on a Technika Tesco 43 inch ‘amazon fire tv’. I found this out after knocking Samsung smart tv off its stand and breaking the LCD screen. Cost me nearly £300 to replace, but at least now I get to watch the Tigers on TV. Couldn’t pay by Paypal through the TV though - had to do that on the iPad.

18. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

No problem on my Samsung, no buffering.
    I used to watch with a laptop linked via HDMI, but not since we got this in December.

19. brownbagtiger

brownbagtiger Well-Known Member

Have a Samsung, and exactly the same problem. Spent an hour a couple of weeks ago trying to log in retyping my email and password over and over with no error message saying what’s wrong, double checked I got the password right and annoyed that I used my longest email address for my match pass details.

I usually stream through a laptop & HDMI cable, which is ok but would be nice to use the full functionality of the tv, it cost enough!

20. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

I don’t have any issue with using the browser on my Samsung.

UE43TU8507UXXU 43" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV with Bixby