1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Illegal immigrants

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

How?

2. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

From Amnesty International

Who is a refugee?
    A refugee is a person who has fled their own country because they are at risk of serious human rights violations and persecution there. The risks to their safety and life were so great that they felt they had no choice but to leave and seek safety outside their country because their own government cannot or will not protect them from those dangers. Refugees have a right to international protection.

Who is an asylum-seeker?
    An asylum-seeker is a person who has left their country and is seeking protection from persecution and serious human rights violations in another country, but who hasn’t yet been legally recognized as a refugee and is waiting to receive a decision on their asylum claim. Seeking asylum is a human right. This means everyone should be allowed to enter another country to seek asylum.

Who is a migrant?
    There is no internationally accepted legal definition of a migrant. Like most agencies and organizations, we at Amnesty International understand migrants to be people staying outside their country of origin, who are not asylum-seekers or refugees.

Some migrants leave their country because they want to work, study or join family, for example. Others feel they must leave because of poverty, political unrest, gang violence, natural disasters or other serious circumstances that exist there.

Mine and I believe a lot of other peoples issues with the people crossing the Channel is that a significant number, possibly a majority of people coming are in truth migrants and not refugees or asylum seekers. They cross to bypass the proper procedure as they would fail if they went through the proper procedure. They have passed through numerous “safe” countries already.

I may have a distorted picture of the people in the French camps as I’ve never been to one but on watching the media pictures and films there seems to be an inordinate number of young men in contrast to any other gender or age. I would expect the split to be more representative of all ages and genders perhaps with the exception of the very elderly. That makes me suspicious of the reasons why they are really there.

I accept that the system we have is flawed and failing but “jumping the queue” is not the answer not when they are already in a “safe” country.

3. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

I would not say “greed”.

It’s about having a better economic standard of living. It’s what everyone wants. But, for me, you can’t just break laws or ignore them to get what you want particularly when you’re not in genuine danger or risk.

4. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

Well I would and they are so that tells me everything

5. Maximin Effort

Maximin Effort Well-Known Member

There are of course going to be some economic migrants. However when you look at the top 5 countries of origins for European asylum seekers you can say that none of them are exactly stable and 3 of the 5 have been the epicentres of international conflicts

Country

Syria

Afghanistan

Venezuela

Colombia

Iraq

6. Hamish McMagdad

Hamish McMagdad cult leader

I want to move to Orlando, bet if I row across the Atlantic in a ****ing dinghy that they turn me around and send me back saying I haven't followed the correct processes.

7. Rudekid

You wouldn't do it and there's a reason

8. Rudekid

Let them all in and drown the bnp

9. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I've got no problem with them coming and think we should be taking them in. We blew their countries up afterall. Maybe if we stop meddling in their affairs under the auspice of caring, when we all know its because we want their resources. Look at the mining in Afghan etc. We ignore it elsewhere when it suits which completely bollocks any caring angle. The west are so arrogant its unreal.

10. Shearers Right Boot

Shearers Right Boot Well-Known Member

So, are these figures per week or month or year? They don't make any sense to me. The numbers rejected can't be right?

11. Hamish McMagdad

Hamish McMagdad cult leader

What we need is someone to turn the whole world into a Global Empire and that way we would have one currency, and everyone can have freedom of movement across the globe. If it was good enough for Caesar its good enough for me :emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm

Maximin Effort likes this.
  12. Maximin Effort

Maximin Effort Well-Known Member

Those figures are for 2020 and are initial decisions. These are subject to appeal I suspect

13. Rudekid

This country has a couple of generations now of greedy bastards.

Warmir Pouchov and Flash like this.