1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Imposters in the ranks

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by distantgreen, Jun 7, 2011.

1. distantgreen

distantgreen New Member

My first thread since switching over a few days ago. Some of you won't have failed to notice that our old friend Steely is creating fake accounts in the name of some of our previous guises.

Notdistantgreen is his latest incarnation attempting to pull the wool over your eyes so a word of caution, don't listen to any of the drivel that is sure to come out in his posts soon. Unfortunately for him in his haste to be clever he has been making statements about me moving back to Plymouth. Those of you from original 606 will know from my history that sadly that's just not possible. I'm sure we'll all catch wind of who is really who soon enough.

Anyway, it's nice to see so many familiar faces even if there may be imposters in the ranks. I'm sure most of us can tell who is who and who is not.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I'll tell you what, we'll let the other members here judge on the basis of what you and I post shall we?

One of 2 things has to happen.

Either, you post exactly what I would have posted in the same circumstances. Most of the Old Guard must be sick to death of me wittering on on 606 for months on end so they have a very good idea what I think and will immediately pick up on any shift in emphasis. Of course, if you post exactly what I would have done, then you're wasting your time and I can just sit back save some typing.

Or, over time, you gradually switch onto a new agenda - not yet clear what that is apart of the the "Old Chap" repartee which has already crept into your stuff, but surely there's a plan to sow discontebt somehow. But when that happens, having been outed already, you'll be fingered, won't you?

3. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Is that really an appropriate punishment I have a feeling the culprit will enjoy too much!!:emoticon-0104-surpr

For the record I´m still going for the duck option though a duel with smoked kippers at dawn may also be acceptable.

4. distantgreen

distantgreen New Member

The giveaway will simply be in the volume and nature of your posts STD. A wummer can't resist pushing too far as you attempt to baffle and confuse. Play away and we'll see if you are indeed STD or perhaps if you have a shred of intelligence or coherence to your disguise then I would have to conclude that you are in fact another old favourite from the past, say no more.

5. notDistantGreen

OOOH Matron!!

To quote a well used phrase of our friend's, you couldn't make it up could you?

I've been watching the posts here and on a number of other boards to judge which is most active - I think Tezla over on New606 but the rest seem to be here. But I did think that maybe I'd attract the wrong crowd and so didn't register, plus as an F1 fan in my spare time, I've seen some of the big league WUMing and spamming that emanates from this unmoderated forum onto the BBC 606 board in that sport, so i didn't much fancy it.

Then bingo, there I am already - or rather not me.

Could be DS or STD or a friend from Liverpool who mirrored my ID once before and then got embarrassed when he accused me of making remarks about Hillsborough which had actually been made by someone else. He's been absent from the PAFC board ever since - I think.

6. notDistantGreen

I'm very happy to be judged by what I post - but so will you. Time will tell, won't it?

7. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Another one for the ignore button. Multiple personalities is not a crime but it certainly is a sickness. Bye bye notdistantgreen.

8. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

It's DS, no doubt about it!

9. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

I hope this soon becomes a murder mystery...

10. distantgreen

distantgreen New Member

Well whoever you are you have clearly researched your role well, I don't know whether to be flattered or frightened.

That said a couple of schoolboy errors have blown your fragile cover already. Firstly declaring my return to Plymouth will have instantly raised the suspicions of all but the most easily fooled former contributors. Secondly do you not think it suspicous that your alter-ego posts have miraculously appeared just after I made my first few posts?

Had you waited a tad longer then you just may have lended some credence to your claim but a true wum just can't resist can you?

11. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

So who´s getting fingered then and by whom. Definetly no lube for the naughty one!!!!

Though in fairness if it is BS then little wonder he won´t own up and as for fishypingpongballs well it is obvious why he is so mad at Argyle:

He comes from Stevenage
    He´s a plastic Spurs fan

I sure he´s mad at the whole world right now, bless his little cotton socks!!!

12. notDistantGreen

Oh DG [not] pop back here would you.........

13. notDistantGreen

Ah you're back.

I was going to pose a killer question but I've though better of it. I don't need to. Either you'll betray yourself by a lack of knowledge as the administration wends it's way to a conclusion and prove you're DS or you'll start saying stuff the real DG never would.

Either that, or you won't be able to say anything other than the empty platitudes you've posted so far.

What I will say is that if anyone who the real DG would trust cares to PM me, I'll explain why now is the time to relocate.

14. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

Oh real estate advice. How could I refuse...:emoticon-0112-wonde

What are you banging on about?

15. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

HPHobo check out the back of Comet´s they had a couple of huge boxes there the other day <ok>

I can now 100% maybe confirm NotDG is really DG and DG is not DG possibly.

16. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Interesting stuff! well notdg you must be that weasel from Stevenage with no mates. What a sad character you are. Do one! you will go to the ignore button, see ya buffoon.

17. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

Thanks mexijan I could do with an extention. Gets a bit cramped when I have guests. LOL.

18. greens_are_good_for_you

NotDistantGreen is obviously DS. First reason is he keeps replying to his own posts -familiar? And it's a little too clever for STB as there are words of more than 1 syllable. And can someone clear up a mystery me - what does the D stand for in STD?

19. greenjock

greenjock Member

Disease

20. notDistantGreen

My mistake, I wasn't proposing property investment advice, I meant why it's the right time for ME to relocate personally. From experience, it doesn't pay to say too much about your personal circumstances in here in public.

Just watch his posts, he's posted 14 times so far and not one of them actually says anything meaningful. None of it's in the right style. Wait until he does start voicing an opinion. You'll be able to tell.