1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

In or out your call

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Jun 29, 2020.

?

Johnson in or out

1. In

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Out

11 vote(s)
    68.8%
  1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Well we have all seen the last two games and those two games have been embarrassing.
    Clearly something is seriously wrong at Ashton Gate.
    Polls elsewhere want him gone and gone now-what is the feeling of the hardcore on here.

2. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

One more game with players played out of position and Massengo in the starting lineup and Eliasson NOT in the side then I’m afraid I’d join the ‘LJ Out’ brigade........ unless of course that side actually WINS - in which case I’d retire somewhat bemused and wonder if I really knew anything at all about the game.

Supcon72 likes this.
  3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I can't understand why he wasn't gone yonks ago?

Red Robin likes this.
  4. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

R R.

What is the point, Junior isn't going anywhere. Only Lansdown's opinion matters.
    You either suck it up or stop watching City.
    I have and surprised how I now feel. Ambivalent.

5. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Which is both understandable and sad in equal measure.

6. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Sorry LJ but I'm jumping ship. Too many baffling decisions for me.

Out.

Red Robin and Supcon72 like this.
  7. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I agree with most on here, his continued selection of Massengo and O'Dowda, and illogical substitutions are making me think a change in the summer might be best for everyone involved. It does have a feel of he has gone as far as he can. The players seem lost and lacking spirit and endeavour right now.

Right now, for the first time, I'm saying OUT! I hope I'm wrong though and he turns it around.

Red Robin likes this.
  8. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Out now. I’ve stuck with him until now, but feel he’s taken us as far as he can. With such a short time between this and next season we need to be giving a new guy as much time as possible now .

Red Robin likes this.
  9. Red Robin

It will when he see ST drop and fans not happy.

The vibes on all sites the majority want him gone now.

10. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

I gave LJ the benefit of doubt four years ago when we hired him, I supported him through that 8 game loss streak and I can acknowledge that he himself along with Mark Ashton and JL have progressed this football club on and off the pitch.

What does piss me off though is that we have made no progress from 2017 which was the period we played unbelievable football, high press, high intensity,free flowing, albeit we only saw this from August 2017- early January and we got to the semi finals of the Caraboa cup deservedly earning so many plaudits we have been no where near since and all we get know is a team that freefalls into oblivion every year after an encouraging start and this simply is his fault as I believe no other team has ever gone through what we have to put up with, I can accept a bad period of play but this happens every year ffs and nothing is done about it.

I'm not calling from him to be sacked just yet but I don't get excited watching us play anymore because I know what will happen, the constant tinkering of linups and tactics obviously doesn't help as we have seen games where we look clueless on the pitch and have no idea what to do, this is Johnson's problem add the fact that he always sets us up negatively and never focuses on our squads strengths and is always ready to call out players when they make mistakes but doesn't admit to his glaring weaknesses.

This season has done it for me, picking players constantly who offer nothing on the pitch and hide away ( O'Dowda and sometimes Patterson,I do like him as a player think he's class on his day but doesn't do enough), Bentley should have been dropped weeks ago but he only dropped him Sunday, i bet he plays tomorrow and playing our centre forwards out on the wing is another clueless idea that he persists with.

Don't get me started on his post match interviews:
    "Players I can trust" what does this even mean when he picks the same players every game
    "missing a leader on the pitch" you've had 4 years to sort that **** out just like when he says "we need a Bannan type player"
    "we can take a lot of positives from the game", don't think we can take any from any games especially the last 2

He's taken us a far as he can and deserves respect for this and I believe him when he says he loves the club but all the insults and vitriol against him is not needed and I find it out of order when the bloke is trying his best for this club. The target this season was top 6 which obviously won't happen so its up to the powers that be to make the decision but then again do we really trust them with previous ?

11. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

You say this but I bet come our next home game on Saturday there will not be one voice of discontent in the stands.

12. bcfcredandwhite

<laugh>

13. Red Robin

I think that is in his favour-no fans-i would imagine the atmosphere to be toxic.

14. bcfcredandwhite

Just to keep things interesting and knowing City we’ll go and beat Forest away 6-0 with O’Dowda, Massengo and Vyner getting a brace each, COD getting Motm, with Bentley putting in a star performance in goal, saving a penalty in the process!
    It’s a funny old game.......

15. Red Robin

City will get a battering tomorrow night if the last two games are anything to go by.

16. Redprintt

Can't see it. LJ is now using the old trick of 'siege mentality' and who can blame him, he must feel the mounting pressure. Forest aren't anything special and nor are we.
    Draw most likely but anything is possible. Empty stadiums are adding to this crazy league.

17. Redprintt

Angelic
    Every cloud has a silver lining.
    My then 2year old grandson started staying with me weekends because Grandad stopped watching City.
    Now 6 and since lock down he's still with me weekends and now with my 3year old granddaughter as well.

1For will like this - LJ's appointment was the best thing possible for me.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  18. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I finally watched the game and what I saw was a bunch of players who really don't care and who looked totally lost out there. The body language stunk Ashton Gate out so thank goodness no-one was there to see it or smell it because we look like we have returned to the bad days of player discontent.

How can Lee constantly play Diedhou or Massengo without looking in the mirror and asking himself if he is truly up to the task because I think he is in a hallowed position that gives him the liberty of doing everything wrong without blame. Perhaps he may get a contract extension. :emoticon-0136-giggl

19. Red Robin

20. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

You watched the wrong game then, Diedhiou was only a sub.