1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

in the "harrafterlife"

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by ebar, Jun 15, 2011.

1. ebar

ebar Member

not really! he was guilty of all the above. i kinda think, in reality, that we have no idea who wil be the manager, and i don't know why moyes or worse, coyle, are so popular as choices. if arry's pedigree at the top end is dubious, they have none whatsoever.

2. OnlyOneDB

OnlyOneDB Well-Known Member

Think the fact their teams play fairly decent football and they are both on limited resources is the answer to that, people want to see what they can do with a budget and a team full of stars, rather than the odd stand out player. its the English way - favouring the underdogs

3. ebar

ebar Member

this is the whole point.
    do we want mediocrity and the preservation of premiership status as the limit of our ambition?
    it is ieasy to slip back to those days and harder to stay where we now rightly belong.
    choice of manager is paramount in choosing the path.
    also, the modric thing will tell us a lot about the true aspirations of the board.
    coyle and moyes do not have the experience or nous at the top 5 level to take us any further.
    they cannot be right for our club at this moment in time.

4. OnlyOneDB

I agree, but one season in the CL isn't going to attract a big name manager, just like it didn't attract a top striker... we have to accept that when Harry leaves, managers like ancelotti, mourinho, villas-boas and the like aren't coming here. Moyes, Coyle or Martinez are the best we can currently hope for.

5. ebar

ebar Member

then maybe they should be grooming o'neill now as a manager who might just be able to do it.?

6. ebar

ebar Member

fair enough..
    so who is our man then???

7. OnlyOneDB

'Arry hasn't won much either, in England, not many have who are still in the management game... if we want someone who's won something recently, in charge of an English team and is available then I can only think of Rafa.... EEP!!!

8. OnlyOneDB

and you asked what was so good about O'neill, listing his lack of achievements, so I pointed out, quite fairly I thought, that Harry hadn't many achievements either and if we were looking for a manager who has won something major with an english team in recent history then we would be looking at RAFA.

Does that make sense Ensiluokkainen, or am I not explaining it well????