1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Injury update 2022/2023

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moreinjuredthanowen

He should not

2. LuisDiazgamechanger

Adam Lallana and Daniel Sturridge will return to full training on Friday to offer Liverpool a boost ahead of Monday night’s trip to Watford, Jürgen Klopp has confirmed.

Lallana has been out of action since March 19 due to a thigh issue, while Sturridge missed the Reds’ clash with Crystal Palace last weekend with a hip complaint.

However, both could come back into the fold for the fixture at Vicarage Road, though there is no fresh news on when Jordan Henderson will return to action as he continues to recover from a foot injury.

Klopp told his pre-Watford press conference at Melwood: “Adam is back in team training today for the first time, which is very, very good news. Hendo is not on the pitch so far and there’s nothing new to say about [him]. Daniel is in team training again today too, and that’s good.

“Now we have to train with the boys to see how they are, what shape they are in and then see what we can do with them.”

Elsewhere, Klopp revealed Liverpool have received information from Crystal Palace’s medical department that suggests Mamadou Sakho’s knee injury isn’t as bad as first feared.

The on-loan defender limped off during the Eagles’ encounter with Tottenham Hotspur earlier this week after landing awkwardly.

“First of all, I think you saw the pictures with Mamadou, it looked really awful so it could have been nearly everything,” Klopp said.

“Since we got the images from Crystal Palace, we know there are no ligaments involved, so in a situation like this - and maybe not for Crystal Palace - but for the player it’s the best thing he could get.

“I think he is out for a few weeks, but that is something that will be good at the end, but at the end of the season each injury is a big blow because there is not a lot of time to recover.”
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fir...lfc-injury-latest-lallana-sturridge-and-sakho

3. LuisDiazgamechanger

Liverpool reveal severity of Philippe Coutinho injury

please log in to view this image

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has confirmed that Philippe Coutinho suffered a dead leg during his side’s 1-0 victory over Watford.
    The Brazilian sustained the injury after a strong clash within the first five minutes at Vicarage Road. He attempted to shake off the knock, however was unable to do so and was subsequently withdrawn for Adam Lallana on 13 minutes.
    Coutinho himself informed his Instagram followers after the match that the injury was not “serious”.

4. LuisDiazgamechanger

Philippe Coutinho offers latest update on his fitness
    James Carroll
    Philippe Coutinho is feeling ‘much better’ and is hopeful of being fit to face Southampton on Sunday following the thigh injury sustained at Watford.

The forward was forced from the field after just 13 minutes of the Reds’ 1-0 win at Vicarage Road on Monday evening after a heavy challenge left him with a dead leg.

However, Coutinho is optimistic at being deemed fully fit and ready for action when the Saints visit Anfield this weekend.

He told Liverpoolfc.com: “The injury is much better. It was a hard tackle and what happened was a dead leg. It caused a lot of pain in the area I was hit, but the pain has reduced now.

“At the moment, I am feeling very well – the first couple of days were the most painful.”

Despite being required to leave the action so early against Watford, Coutinho was ultimately pleased his teammates were able to secure a 1-0 victory and maintain Liverpool’s push for a top-four finish.

He added: “Of course, when you have to come out of such an important game like this one, and when you leave that early, it frustrates you, but thanks to God it was nothing major – just a strong tackle.

“It was nothing too serious and the main thing was we won the game and we left the match very pleased and happy because the result was very good for us. The main thing was for us to come home with the three points.”

The result leaves Liverpool in third place in the Premier League table and with just three matches remaining, Jürgen Klopp’s side know securing qualification for the Champions League rests firmly within their own hands.

“These three points are very important for us – they kept us fighting for the top four and left our aim in our own hands,” Coutinho continued. “We have a target to keep ourselves up there and we have to fight for that because everything is in our hands.

“These three points were very important, but now we have three games left and we have to win them, although we understand that will be a very difficult task. As I’ve said before, every game in the Premier League is very difficult, but if we want to achieve our aims, we have to go through tough games and win them. If we win them, then we will be there in the Champions League next year.”

Liverpool’s match-winner on Monday came via a sumptuous Emre Can goal, with the German finding the back of the net with a stunning overhead kick in first-half stoppage-time.

As a man with a penchant for the spectacular himself, Coutinho is well placed to judge when he declared it the strike of the season so far.

He smiled: “It was a great goal! In my opinion, it was the most beautiful goal of the season. It was also a very important goal for our team and we needed it in the game because we needed to win.

“That goal gave us what we needed. I am very happy for the team to achieve the win and, of course, Emre Can is a very hard-working player who deserves all the accolades for scoring such a goal.”
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fir...-coutinho-offers-latest-update-on-his-fitness

5. LuisDiazgamechanger

Jürgen Klopp on LFC injury latest: Coutinho, Mane, Henderson and Ings
    James Carroll
    Jürgen Klopp offered an update on the latest condition of his Liverpool squad ahead of this Sunday's Premier League encounter with Southampton.

The manager revealed Philippe Coutinho is on course to come back into contention for the crucial Anfield fixture after sustaining a thigh injury at Watford on Monday night.

Elsewhere, Klopp indicated Sadio Mane and Danny Ings are making good progress in their recoveries from long-term issues, but there is no fresh news on a return for Jordan Henderson.

He told reporters at Melwood: “Phil yesterday was running for the first time – he looked a little bit like John Achterberg, but it’s good news! We cannot be 100 per cent sure because we always have to wait to see how he improves, but in this moment, it looks rather positive.

“Mane is doing really well but there is no chance [for Southampton]. He is around [Melwood] and everything has really went well so far.

“It’s not exactly the same with Hendo; there is nothing new. That’s the thing with this [injury], you have to wait – especially he has to wait, but it is quite difficult like this. So there is nothing new about this.

“Ingsy is doing well, really well. He is enjoying training now for the first time with the ball a little bit and all that stuff. He is on a good way.”

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fir...njury-latest-coutinho-mane-henderson-and-ings

6. LuisDiazgamechanger

Jordan Henderson fitness update
    Jürgen Klopp has provided an update on the fitness of Jordan Henderson, with Liverpool continuing to take a patient approach to a potential comeback for the captain.
    The midfielder has been sidelined for the past three months with a foot problem and last featured in the team when Tottenham Hotspur were beaten at Anfield on February 11.
    On the possibility of Henderson not making a return before the end of the season, Klopp said: “It is too early to say.
    “Next season is the latest moment, of course, but anything can happen. We stay positive because he is strong. The moment someone gives him the green light he will be back in a second because of his attitude and character.
    “I am not thinking about the start of pre-season but that would be the latest moment he is back. We have not made a final judgment for this season.
    “We don’t know if he will back tomorrow in training or next week but because it is Jordan and he has a really high fitness level, even if it is just swimming, we know we can think about him immediately when he is ready.”
    Henderson was thriving in a redefined, deeper role in Klopp’s side in the opening half of the campaign as the Reds built up a challenge for Champions League qualification.
    But the nature of his injury means the eagerness to see the Englishman return has been offset by the necessity to manage the rehabilitation carefully, according to the manager.
    “This is the kind of issue where you have to wait,” he added.
    “That is how the body is sometimes. Jordan can manage really well. It was the medical department that said he has to rest. We still have to wait, that is a
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/262843-jordan-henderson-fitness-update

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  7. moreinjuredthanowen

interesting.

Very odd really.

Its a.. well its not broken but its not right yet... but we don't know when but it won't be 3 more months type thing.... so if he going to break down in preseason... who the **** knows... IF i were jurgen klopp I would be buying cos i can't rely on that.

8. LuisDiazgamechanger

Roberto Firmino fitness latest: Klopp on whether he'll face Boro

Jürgen Klopp is optimistic on Liverpool's chances of having Roberto Firmino available for Sunday's clash with Middlesbrough, but admits the forward's fitness will need to be assessed before the final-day contest.

The Brazil international missed last weekend’s victory at West Ham United after sustaining a knock against Southampton on May 7.

Firmino hasn’t been involved in team training at Melwood this week, though Klopp is hopeful of being able to call on his services for the must-win encounter with Boro.

He told journalists in his pre-match press conference: “[It’s] very positive.

“We could not decide until now, but he feels good and he feels comfortable. He did a lot of things, but was not part of team training. That’s not a problem after this long season.

“I think we will make a final test tomorrow. In this moment, I would rather say ‘yes’ than ‘perhaps’, but I am not sure.”

Jürgen was wearing a piece from LFC's New Balance training range for 2017-18 at his press conference. Browse the collection and order yours now by clicking here.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fir...tness-latest-klopp-on-whether-he-ll-face-boro

9. LuisDiazgamechanger

Steven Gerrard suffers injury: 'Gutted' Liverpool hero out of Michael Carrick testimonial
    LIVERPOOL legend Steven Gerrard is OUT of Michael Carrick's testimonial after suffering a hamstring injury.

10. moreinjuredthanowen

As in not pushed to be the pantomime villian the mancs abuse all day.

11. LuisDiazgamechanger

12. LuisDiazgamechanger

Lovren remains a doubt
    Jurgen Klopp has a selection headache at centre-back with Dejan Lovren still struggling through injury.
    The Croatian missed Wednesday’s trip to Tranmere - where Lucas played in defence - and he remains a doubt for tonight’s game at Wigan Athletic.

13. moreinjuredthanowen

So mane is being managed back slowly... and lovren has a tight muscle... boggdan nobody cares about and can is on his hols.. sakho is too busy wearing odd looking clothes to get fit...

We are not in bad shape overall.

14. FedLadSonOfAnfield

ATTENTION ATTENTION

EVRYONE BE INJURED

EVRYONE BE INJURED

ATTENTION ATTENTIOM

EVRYONE BE INJURED

EVRYONE BE INJURED

15. LuisDiazgamechanger

Apart from Daniel Sturridge<laugh>

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  16. astro

astro Well-Known Member

17. moreinjuredthanowen

Yeah... clyne is ****ed. Gomez and Taa have a big big chance here.

18. LuisDiazgamechanger

“It just a little bit of tension kicking off,” the striker explained. “I've done a lot of running and a lot of work. We train on the morning of the games. I think it's just a bit of fatigue to be honest. I'll be okay.
    “I'm feeling great, I've put in a lot of work, I trained a lot in the summer in LA. I haven't missed many sessions here, they're looking after me, we have done triple sessions and things like that.
    “I've trained nearly every session. I'm feeling the best I've felt for a little while and I'm looking forward to the season and hopefully we can have some success

DANIEL STURRIDGE

19. LuisDiazgamechanger

Liverpool have confirmed he will miss tonight’s game, but there will be no scan for the forward and last night’s substitution was just a precaution.
    A statement on the club website reads:
    Sturridge will be treated at the club’s training base in Rottach-Egern today and the issue will continue to be monitored, although there are currently no plans for a scan to take place in Germany.

20. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.