1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ins.Outs and Resigns Summer 2014

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Apr 28, 2014.

1. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

If Bray did not show any potential then you can be certain he would not be on the Swansea books or sent out on loan to get first team experience' He would have been released with the rest of the youngsters we have let go this season. He is a tidy player that should do a good job but he needs his team mates to do their part as well...

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

He was I think over enthusiastic to get into a league game today and I hope very much he hasn't hurt himself badly, Rest assured, PAFC fans will give the lad every chance.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't think anyone on here was dissing the boy or his ability but more questioning why we signed another winger when we might have needed someone for another position. I agree with you notdistant. Over enthusiasm was his downfall and like you I hope whatever injury he has it's only slight. The one thing you can say about Plymouth is we don't sign loanees and not play them so I would expect him to be given every chance to play and impress. The other thing you can say about Plymouth supporters is that they too give loanees every chance and are grateful to those that come here. As for him needing help from the rest of the team...........best of luck in some games then but Reid will keep up with him however fast he is.

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I see from the Argyle website that Bray is heading back to Swansea next week for a scan. It was such silly sort of injury and seemed to come out of nothing much at all. Not a tackle and to me it didn't look like he bent his leg or knee that much when he went down. I'm just hoping it isn't cruciate ligaments or something equally as bad both for the lad himself and us. I was a bit surprised he didn't go off straight away personally because the physio did signal for a replacement. After a minute or two on the sidelines it then seemed everyone had changed their mind and he was ok. Came back on and did a little run and went down immediately again. Weird one.

5. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bobby Reid a 21yr old mid-fielder from Bristol City has been brought in on a one month loan.

A regular last season but has only appeared once this season.....has been on loan at Cheltenham and Oldham.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

So much for the rumour machine that is pasoti because they were definately sure it was a player from Palace who was on their bench last night. Never heard of this one but that isn't unusual as I seldom have heard of anyone we sign either on loan or permanent. Lets see what he can do on the pitch before being chuffed or disgusted.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Can he last ten minutes....without breaking his neck....or something similar.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

John Sheridan has signed 20yr old Andy Kellett on a months loan from Bolton Wanderers

Kellett has come through their academy and has subbed three times at the end of last season.

He will be covering for Purrington who has a broken wrist.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It looks like Bobby Reid will be staying for another month.....now that is good news.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Best news all around for me on that one. He is a much better player than league 2 and it would be great to have him for the rest of the season at least.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Sheridan confirms that Bobby Reid will be staying for another month........good news.

Must not forget that O'Connor is also on loan until the new year......will Sheridan try to extend his time with us....I think he is worth holding onto if possible.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I like the look of ALL of our loanees plym. As far as I'm concerned we should try to keep them for the rest of the season.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see Durrell Berry has signed for Torquay on a no-contract agreement .....turned Plymouth down in the summer....and this is the result.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Glad he did now but I bet he isn't.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I knew it was too good to be true. Disaster strikes and Bobby Reid is recalled by Bristol City. Anyone of the loanees but him and I would have been ok with it.

16. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Ohhhhhhh bugger

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well happy that Bobby Reid is back again but that looks to be it for this window of opportunity. There was a suggestion that we were looking to sign somebody else before the deadline today but it doesn't look like we have. Nothing till January now then although to be fair I'm quite happy with the squad we have anyway.

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

O'Connor says he would like to extend his loan spell at Plymouth when his current loan expires in a months time. Would rather play in proper games than do a couple of bench warmers and reserve games for Blackburn. This is one that has come on in leaps and I for one would be a happy bunny if he stayed here. At least he is talking about staying and wants to which is probably half the battle in these things. Just need Bobby to do the same alongside Kellett and I would be happier still.

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I see Sheridan is saying he would like Kellett to stay fro longer. He has had a chat with him and he is happy to extend but now it is all down to the parent club. Must say I would be happy for him to stay as well. Kellett is one of those players who, if on song, is a joy to watch. I love to see players who can take on and beat the opposition and isn't afraid to do it. Reminds me a lot of Noone and I was more than happy with him.

20. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Thought one of you would have posted that we've signed Bobby Reid until the end of the season :emoticon-0178-rock: