1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Ins, Outs, Rumours & Tosh. Summer 2019.

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, Feb 20, 2019.

1. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I can see the rumours surrounding several of our players starting to surface over the coming weeks and months. I remain hopeful that -
    a. We'll get promoted and the players will have the sense to tell their agents that they want to stay at NR1 and develop under DF and his staff and so be worth even more next summer, thus giving their agents a bigger pay cheque!!
    b. SW will put a really high price tag on all of our players that potential buyers will go elsewhere. :emoticon-0107-sweat

RiverEndRick likes this.
  2. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So, exactly like James Maddison then? <whistle>

3. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

I wonder what his Value is now.

I'd say he has bigger potential than both Murphy's. What were they? 12-15M?

Madders was about 21M? You'd think an attacking Midfield English prospect would be worth more than a RWB. But, with tactics these days heavily relying more on Wing Backs bombing forward. They are a pretty important position now. Plus home grown. Plus Market values going up year on year.

I wonder what we would be pushing for.

4. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Not quite!!!
    I think we’re ALL agreed that JM was the star in an underperforming team and at the time of his sale, he was injured. Also, I don’t think that many other teams were interested in signing him. And we NEEDED the cash!! Now however …….
    Jo
    Josh and Jacob – approx £11M
    JM - I guess around £40M-£50M

5. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

There will always be rumours. Spurs and others were meant to be putting in an offer for Madders but never did. Leicester made sense because of the money they had from selling Mahrez. We don't need to sell now, so the situation is very different. It would take really silly money to tempt us and would Max be willing to give up playing every week - especially if it's the PL? At 19, time is on his side.

carrowcanario and JM Fan like this.
  6. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

At the end of the day, every player has his price, if as many of the big boys are rumoured to be interested in Arrons as it sounds, I am starting to strongly doubt we will hold on to him whether we go up or not. There are Pro's and Con's for him staying and going.
    Staying:

Pro's
    As close to guaranteed first team football as he will get any where in the PL.
    Settled in the area?
    Happy in the current team/managerial set up?

Con's
    Almost certainly will be on the worse wages than he could command from any possible suitors, at home or abroad. Many suitors could probably more than double what City can offer.
    Brighter lights of London or Manchester might appeal?
    He may feel he is ready for the step up to bigger things, he should be confident in his abilities and a season of struggle on half his potential wages might not appeal as much as the thought; He, his agent and the buying manager would have/give him that he could be a regular in the Spurs/Citeh/other by Christmas

Ultimately there are a lot of factors to it and he will be in an enviable position come the summer. So a deal like that which we half hoped for with Madders might work this time with bigger fish circling and us probably able to blood him in the PL.
    Can we sell him with a season loan back? Citeh pay him £60kpw, we pay £30kpw to citeh and help contiue his development with a season playing in the PL?

Bah!

JM Fan likes this.
  7. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

That depends on the player and on Webbers transfer plans. Firstly, if Max pushes for a move then we don't tend to keep unhappy or potentially disruptive players. The sky money doesn't just appear once we are confirmed, promoted. £20m odd for Max at the start of the window could go a long way to facilitating our spending plans from the off. I agree that we should push for silly money for any player we wish to keep, the PL cash (assuming we make it up) will give us security and a much better bargaining position.

Bah!

8. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I can't see SW spending big and risking breaking up the team spirit we have now. Some players would leave and others come in on shrewd deals, but they'd have to fit into our present squad spirit. As for Max, at 19 and enjoying his football, I can't see him pressing to leave to sit amongst the subs at Citeh. It could happen, but I don't think it will.

JM Fan likes this.
  9. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Some great posts and I like your Pro's and Con's General. Also, as you say, could selling a player such as Aarons provide sufficient funds to boost the squad for next season???

10. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Whilst I agree with this I think supporters need to accept that whether we are in the PL or the Championship, provided the price is right, we are a selling club. The production line can't stop just because we make it to the PL. the only time it can change is if we become an semi-established PL club, i.e. another Bournemouth or Leicester.

DHCanary likes this.

11. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

This may work both ways - Saints are not safe yet, in a worst case scenario at their end,
    would Angus Gunn want to stick around St Mary's? :emoticon-0112-wonde

JM Fan likes this.
  12. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting we buy him? He cost them £15m so way out of our price range.

13. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

JM Fan and RiverEndRick like this.
  14. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Leicester fans have been slaggin' him too.

Staggering.

15. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

For me, if we get offered £15m or above for Aarons, we take it

He’s a 19yo fullback, that’s verging on silly money. Who knows if he gets injured or his form slips - look at Luke Shaw

We can make better use of the £15m now

carrowcanario likes this.
  16. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

Of the current youth - who's the next full back on the conveyor belt? I only ever really hear about the strikers like Idah and Spyrou and the new fella.

[Maybe this question should be on the other youth thread but it's relevant to this issue.]

17. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I'll answer it on here.
    I haven't been able to get to as many Under 23 games as in previous seasons, as most of them are played at Colney since the upgrade, but from those I did get to, there doesn't appear to be a ready:-made replacement
    Heise played 90 minutes last night, but he plays predominantly on the left.
    Kamal shows promise, but again has played mostly on the left.

18. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

Sounds like one for the summer shopping list then.

19. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Yes, pretty much my conclusion and I'm sure SW/DF have 1 or 2 possible replacements lined up.
    IMO, he'll opt to stay at NR1!!

20. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Caleb Richards is the next potential RB, he is on loan at Tampa Bay I think?

RiverEndRick likes this.