1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Inspirational

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jan 25, 2018.

1. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Didn’t that spring from the QPR fans giving his boy loads of stick for being ****?

2. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Not sure I agree with you, Kerry. Big Al seems to think being insightful means just saying “it really is” after making comments like “that’s a great piece of skill” or “that’s letting down the fans” or “the performance is poor/superb”. Listen to him on MotD.

3. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I think I was one of those who threw a few pelters his way at the time ( and I had met him by then. ) Being a QPR fan definitely trumped an outsiders view of us not getting another point from our ten remaining games regardless of who they were. I didn't or couldn't know at the time ( six years ago ) that he would make a documentary some four years later and convey a heartbreaking rags to riches tale where I would change my tune. Not that it does anyway. Whatever I have said about Ian Wright doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure he's not reading this thread or indeed this forum. What's said on here is read and shared by a loyal band of brothers who share a common purpose and that's the R's.

I'll see if I can pull up the threads back then to see what was actually said.

4. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

5. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

6. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Bloody hell strolls stop being so paranoid.
    It was a general observation is all.
    I don't know who said what or care. I'm sure I had a go too as we all have strong feelings about rangers.
    It was just a throw away comment and not meant as a dig at anyone in particular. Especially not Nines or you.

7. Stroller

I didn't think it was aimed at me, Col. I wouldn't even have been on the board then. I just thought it was a bit unnecessary,

8. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

He's a c*nt when he disses us but other than that he's a top man, seemples...:grin:

rangercol and sb_73 like this.
  9. Lawrence Jacoby

Lawrence Jacoby Well-Known Member

Savage was a good player and away from his visual image he is very good as a pundit

But what is a pundit?

Flyer miss him as well as the others on those threads

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  10. rangercol

It was and I apologise if anyone took offence.
    I was being a little mischievous.

sb_73 likes this.

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Nobody likes being called out as a hypocrite Col. Nice one.

rangercol likes this.
  12. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

What is a pundit?

I think a pundit is like a bandit...but armed only with one-liners?

13. Stroller

So Col has a veiled dig at person or persons unknown, but, when questioned on it, apologises. Yet now you congratulate him? What's going on, who are the hypocrites?

14. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Have you taken a paranoia pill or something? Col merely pointed out that a lot of us, probably me included, had a pop at Wrighty when he said we would go winless, yet here we are singing his praises. Col then apologised for being mischievous to you, no one else having had any problem with what he wrote, and now you are upset by me essentially saying that that he has nothing to apologise about. Actually I should have congratulated him on his memory, I had completely forgotten the ‘won’t win another game’ incident.

Perspective. These are small, those are far away.

Having just read the links that Ninesy posted there’s nothing that nasty about Wright on there, mainly interchange between long disappeared posters. So perhaps ‘hypocrisy’ was too strong a word. Still don’t get why you were so wound up about it, even before the links were provided.

rangercol likes this.
  15. Stroller

I think I took it personally because I started the thread - which seemed to be well received - and I thought Col's dig (whoever it was aimed at) was unwarranted and out of place. As I said to Col, I'm not being paranoid, because I wasn't posting on here at the time he mentions. What Col did, and you then compounded, was to suggest that some or all of those posting their admiration for Wright on this thread were being hypocritical. I was speaking out on their behalf. Perspective.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    Uber_Hoop and sb_73 like this.
  16. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Ok, think I get it. That’s why I took the debate on father figures over to the politics thread, to save the integrity of this one. But as someone who routinely (but without forethought or intent) drags threads off topic, I can’t be trusted in this area.

Stroller likes this.
  17. rangercol

You take nearly everything personally Strolls. You could start a row in an empty room mate.

Think I'll go back to not responding to your stuff/comments.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  18. Stroller

Please yourself.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  19. Bigchazqpr

Bigchazqpr Active Member

Neither of them are particularly insightful I think but you get more of an emotional response from Ian Wright. He watches and interprets a football match more like the average fan which I find refreshing. Shearer states the obvious and manages to do it in such a way that you're volunteering to paint the front of your neighbour's house within 30 seconds of him appearing on screen. I don't dislike him, he's just quite boring.

About the only thing I find drearier is listening to a post match Steve Gerrard interview.

Deleted....... likes this.