1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Interesting read

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by EDGE, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeah, and his ex partners money laundering case was totally seperate deal from Lennon's!

His ex partner was not in the IRA, he was the one allegedly doing deals with the IRA...in a different deal!

2. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

3. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So his ex-business partner was involved with money laundering for the IRA?

Allegedly, yes

Also, why was Slab so upset with him?
    Was he ... is there a story about thsi linking Lennon and Murphy directly?

So, Lennon's ex-business partner was allegedly money laundering for the IRA... does that automatically make Lennon guilty of supporting/dealing with the IRA?

4. Admiral Pure

Admiral Pure Well-Known Member

Until you can say unequivocally that Neil Lennon does not deserve the treatment he has received without, in the same breath, bringing up his alleged misdememours, then in my mind you're (at the very least) an apologist for the numbnuts and bigots. There simply aren't any mitigating circumstances for physical attacks, death threats, and nail bombs.

5. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So, if your mate's a ****, does that automitically make you a ****! no, it doesn't ... unless it can be proven that Lennon was dealing with thE IRA directly then I'll stand by my point that it was a load of pish to assoacite him with the IRA!

As I said, was he upset with Lennon? - is there a story talking about Murphy being upset with Lennon? If not, I can't comment!

I actually thought Slab Murphy was Daryly Murphy ... being that he is a big Irishman (slab yer garden/tarmac yer drive)

6. The Raging Oxter

The Raging Oxter Well-Known Member

When hell freezes over mate <ok>

7. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

When Hell freezes over <ok>

8. Mind The Duck

Mind The Duck Well-Known Member

**** me, is suddenly got cold

9. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> Is that "Slab" ?...

10. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

I have a jumper on and GL has changed tack more times than Ellen MacArthur.

11. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A sailing joke... really?

12. The Raging Oxter

13. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not once does that article link Lennon directly with the IRA!

14. The Raging Oxter

Seriously, you're just wasting your time. He's just like Medro.

Eventually everyone will get bored with this **** and start making fun of him, just like we do with Medro now.

15. Ciaran

Ciaran 2016 POTY

Girvan I cringed more than once reading your ****e there. Slab Murphy? It would be almost impossible to not do business with something related to Slab in Ireland and elsewhere. He got a few hundred houses taken off him in Manchester not that long ago. Should everyone who was involved in any deal regarding them houses be fingered as an IRA supporter and attacked? George Best called for an all Ireland team too and never got any abuse for it. Why? Because George Best is a Protestant from East Belfast and Lennon is a Taig from Armagh <ok>

16. Ciaran

Ciaran 2016 POTY

OK a few hundred houses were his but he got a dozen or so taken off him. The point still stands. Like it or not the Provos and their people are not some tin pot criminals like Loyalists who shake the odd businessman down for a few quid. They have assests all around the world. Even where you live there is a very good chance the they have their fingers in a few pies. Believe me. The Govt had to bring in some guy who is a Lord to write off BILLIONS of pounds of IRA assests after the ceasefire because the Provos just walked away from them as they didn't need the money.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-by-tory-peers-ira-funding-claim-2126723.html

You would be hard pushed to wipe your hole in Ireland or elsewhere without money from the bog roll having been filtered down into the coffers of the Provos. The link you make between Lennon and Thomas Murphy could be made to a million men in the UK and Ireland. It is merely an excuse to attack Lennon, nothing more or less <ok>

I agree, Lennon is not everyones cup of tea. My Da is a life long Republican and he hates him. My Da drives a Taxi in West Belfast and picked him up at the Forresters club. By the time he got to Dunville Park on the Falls he threw him out of the Taxi. Said he was lucky he didn't knock his bollocks in. 'Up his own arse ****' he called him. There is a million people like that though and all you are doing is making excuses for the attacks on him.

17. Ciaran

Ciaran 2016 POTY

'Go here driver, go there driver. Do this driver, do that driver. I'm Neill Lennon' etc etc. My Da told him he would slap his gub and turfed him out the motor. That's not the point though. Do people go around sending ammo and half arsed attempts at bombs to everyone who acts like a ballbag? There isn't enough envelopes in Britain <ok>

18. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

Has Girvan admitted yet that Neil Lennon didn't post the bombs to himself yet?

The funny thing about that line was that Girvan wasn't even joking, or try to get us all wound up - he truly believed and loudly declared that it was either Lennon or Celtic fan's doing it, and he gave quite a long list of reasons on why it couldn't have been Rangers fans.