1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Interview with Tony in Telegraph

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by mcytiger, Nov 2, 2017.

1. mcytiger

mcytiger Active Member

2. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

That was an enjoyable read.

NorwayRanger likes this.
  3. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Great read. Thanks for posting.

4. The other R in Houston

The other R in Houston Well-Known Member

5. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

A very enjoyable read. Thanks for posting.

Sounds very genuine.

6. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

Than man obviously has the clubs best interests at heart. I know that some people knock him and I have never understood why. Seems like a decent bloke to me. Interesting comment about Mark Hughes, for me the worst manager we have had in recent years. And he is a ****.

qprmountmartha likes this.
  7. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Come on Sheff.

Best interests - agree.
    Decent bloke - agree.
    Net result - club in the black in the PL taken to broke in the Championship on his watch, with some really ugly, embarrassing stuff in between. That is why people knock him.

I’m not suggesting he should go, perhaps he has learned what the ‘best interests’ really are now. It’s just a shame that his learning has been so traumatic and damaging to the club.

8. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

Stan, we all talk bollocks sometimes (have a look at some of my posts)! I guess the difference is, TF posts his thoughts on Twatter and therefore hits a wider audience.

9. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Sums up well my feelings towards Tone.

10. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Good read & I do believe Holloway was the right appointment for this time to sort things out & which he is slowly doing, it will take time & I’m with him & the club to see this through, ok we will have rough times but believe we will succeed in future, just bare with the management.

Queens Park Stranger likes this.

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

What’s it got to do with twitter? I’m not on it. All I was saying is nice bloke, tries hard, has ****ed the club up. Now he has the chance to make amends.

WBA2_QPR3 likes this.
  12. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

This about sums it up. Hope his loyalty to QPR is as undiluted as he says it is, and his approach to football people (particularly agents) more mistrustful than it has been in the past.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  13. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

NorwayRanger likes this.
  14. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I have always liked Tony (bar the Twitter rants), however, he has made some bloody stupid mistakes. It took us 16 years to get back to the Prem and we blew it twice, twice FFS! Not many teams get one chance let alone two? When you think of the teams that went up and stayed up, they spent a fraction of the money we did. Sorry but the buck stops with Tony there.

One thing that the article mentioned was stadium and training ground and lack of progress. When will Tony actually give us a committed site and time frame? He has been here 6 years now and needs to get something concrete in place. maybe if he did that then fans would believe what he says.

AS things go, I have been very vocal about Holloway and would now say that for the time being that he probably is the best man for the job (other than Warnock). I think TF sent out mixed signals re where he wanted the club to be under Ramsey and JFH. Holloway has done better than I thought he would have. I will be the first to say 'well done' Hollow, keep it up. <ok>

rangercol and Tramore Ranger like this.
  15. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

''Under Mark Hughes so many players were signed through Kia Joorabchian that even internally they became known as Kia Park Rangers. “No one put a gun to my head and said, ‘Sign these players’,” Fernandes says. “I was chairman. The buck stops with me.

16. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Bloody hell that is plagiarism! They would have kicked me out of Uni for that one. :emoticon-0105-wink:
    On another note have we noticed the stadium capacity has gone from a 40K down to 35K then 30k and now according to the Times 25K. If you are planning for the future of Premiership football and a modern ground then surely you must be thinking a bit more than 25K? what would be the point of moving for 5-6K more seats?

kiwiqpr and QPR999 like this.
  17. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Comfort.

Tramore Ranger, ELLERS and Jammers like this.
  18. Jammers

Jammers Active Member

Perhaps it is to initially get a modern ground, but longer term to have a stadium where we have the option of expanding in the future...so 25k and 40k could both be right, depending on where we are in the journey ;)

Tramore Ranger and ELLERS like this.
  19. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

The point surely is that he is now (at last) the right man for the job. Yes, he has had to learn the extremely hard way and both the club and the fans have suffered badly because of his naive mistakes. But those mistakes came about because of a passion to deliver success for our club and he now has the experience to go along with that passion. He also has the resources and contacts to make sure we can build on any future success although hopefully in a more measured, sustainable way. For me a new stadium will be the benchmark test for the longer term project he has now embarked on. In the meantime, I really can't imagine a better option for QPR owner than Fernandes in our current circumstances.

20. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

kiwiqpr likes this.